• Introducing Image Options for ResetEra 2.0! Check the left side navigation bar to show or hide images, avatars, covers, and embedded media. More details at the link.
  • Community Spotlight sign-ups are open once again for both Gaming and EtcetEra Hangout threads! If you want to shine a spotlight on your community, please register now.

State of Play (May 9th 2019) |OT| The promise has been made

Nov 18, 2017
Quebec City
It totally doesn't. It doesn't seem like you can simply press O to win, it doesn't look like it's going to be the hell on earth and unmanageable like FFXV was and it totally looks like slower paced compared to FFXV. You'll actually be able to see what you're doing.
So, nothing like FFXV, unless you mean to say all ARPGs look the same, yet they doesn't.
Not sure about it seriously. If you watch the UI around 40s, the player spams "Square" to Attack, maybe it's not a gameplay spoof after all.

Still, I'm concerned that we're only seeing the first mission of the game.

Don't get me wrong, I'm eager to know more but I'm afraid it won't be FF7 remastered but more like an action game.

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
So Sony said 10 minutes in which they showed MH dlc, Away, Predator, Medieval and FF7R and some still call it a waste of time. It's like people never learn.

Oct 29, 2017
Australia
I never said waste of time. And my itsfuckingnothing comment was more on ff7r trailer. Bombing mission shit again. No new details. Is it still Episodic? Cuz if so I’m very deflated on it.

Jan 10, 2018
Damm, i missed. Summary anyone?
MH: Iceborne
Riverbond (top-down Minecraft-visual like "action-rpg" game)
Predator:Hunting Grounds (team vs Predator online multiplayer game)
Medievil
Away: The Survival Series (play as a flying rodent game)
PS4 Days of Play Limited Edition Console
FFVIIR trailer

Dec 3, 2018
Damm, i missed. Summary anyone?
1. Monster Hunter World Iceborne trailer, coming September 9th
2. Riverbond trailer(has guest appearances from shovel knight, enter the gungeon, and guacamelee) releasing in the summer
3. Small preview for Predator: Hunting Grounds. Releases in 2020
4. Medievil trailer. Releasing October 25th
5. Away: The survival series just announced
6. Days of Play PS4 Slim revealed
7. FF7 Teaser, more info to come in June(I'm assuming that would be during Square Enix's E3 stream)

Oct 27, 2017
Not a bad show. FFVII is my favourite game of all time but I've next yo no interest in this remake, and it's troubling that they're still showing footage from the very beginning of the game. Will be interesting to check out in about 2028 when the trilogy is done, I guess.

Elsewhere not a lot which interests me personally, although I'm intrigued by the Predator game. Away looked pretty and interesting too (flying squirrel game).

That Predator game was announced as coming from WWS. Did Sony buy Illfonic or was that just a way of saying PS4 exclusive?
Yeah, I wondered that too. I guess it's a first-party funded game, possibly with one of their studios in an oversight role? A bit like with Spider-Man or Iron Man.

Not sure about it seriously. If you watch the UI around 40s, the player spams "Square" to Attack, maybe it's not a gameplay spoof after all.

Still, I'm concerned that we're only seeing the first mission of the game.

Don't get me wrong, I'm eager to know more but I'm afraid it won't be FF7 remastered but more like an action game.
That's probably accurate enough, but I meant to say you won't have to keep O pressed like in FFXV (I hated that) or square to evade, it looks like you'll have to time the blocks. The game looks slower paced than FFXV. I really believe the game will be easy, as they tend to be nowadays.

Oct 25, 2017
Georgia
Please. The goal post was fine where it was, do not move it, it is in perfect symmetry with the goalpost across the field
I don't make goalposts lmfao, showing one work in progress teaser means nothing to me at all

Having a release window is more meaningful for SE products, you can have as many pretty in progress concepts as much as you like but.im not gullible, I drink water

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like it was a bad choice for them to lead with the best looking game of the stream but it was the biggest known quality I guess so it made sense.

Riverbond looks kinda awesome too though, reminded me a lot of 3D Dot Game Heroes and I'll never get tired of the "every indie game has the most popular indie game characters cameoing in it" trend.

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, true, but they'd be disappointed regardless I'd imagine. For a 10 minute show it was really good, not sure what more you could expect really, considering what they said beforehand.
Eh, I really love Medievil so I was hoping for a better showing from that, personally. Especially given they specifically called it out as a thing they were showing. But what they showed looked early

mazi

Oct 27, 2017
Riverbond looks kinda awesome too though, reminded me a lot of 3D Dot Game Heroes and I'll never get tired of the "every indie game has the most popular indie game characters cameoing in it" trend.
yeah it looked awesome, really like the art style, and indie cameos are something i always enjoy.

Oct 26, 2017
Eh, I really love Medievil so I was hoping for a better showing from that, personally. Especially given they specifically called it out as a thing they were showing. But what they showed looked early
I can understand that actually, was definitely expecting it to be more than another trailer, but I'm happy it wasn't just it taking up half the show personally.

Oct 27, 2017
I can understand that actually, was definitely expecting it to be more than another trailer, but I'm happy it wasn't just it taking up half the show personally.
Yeah, I would have been fine with just the trailer tbh if it just looked better. I'm sure it'll pull together in the end but that trailer was not encouraging.

Oct 28, 2017
So fucking naive to even think Sony may allocate 5 more mins specifically for Japan...
As big as MH and FF7, they're not enough to bring new players to ps4.
And for what it is, do this show really is necessary?
I feel like it was made in a hurry just try to make it up to the last one.
There just no purposeful plan or any thoughts in this whole direct thing unlike what Nintendo does.

Eolz

Oct 25, 2017
FR
That was a good one this time in terms of pacing, which was the main issue with their first Direct.
Content wasn't that interesting for the most part, but when you have good pacing, you don't notice it.

Oct 27, 2017
THAT was their E3?
(Replacement/equivalent)

You have to understand not Everyone in the world is a FF fan and if they aren’t then there was nothing there exciting for us.

Last edited: