• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Gerwant

Oct 27, 2017
Besides, having Shu present would made things even worse. People would be like: they've got the president of WWS to host this SoP, and all they had to show was this shit?!? (shit = not announcing new blockbuster AAAA games) ;) Let's keep things small with State of Play, and save Shu, Shawn, Asad etc. for the next E3's.

Mjolnir

Alt account
Banned
May 2, 2019
The only thing is that I find the broadcast to be way too short and quick. I could use some more time with each game presented, but I understand that would require more preparation on part of the developers too. Regardless, if Sony could do some more information and stuff after each trailer, then that would space it out a bit more.

Porky

Circumventing ban with an alt account
Banned
Mar 16, 2019
I feel like this format should've debuted next generation. I know there's some people in this thread who can't go 5 minutes without needing reassurance that Sony hasn't gone in to liquidation but I'd have been fine with them being quiet until their next major announcement.

This format feels like it would work best as a noise-cutter - something to showcase titles that Sony want to promote without the need to put on a show. But it's coming to the end of the gen so there is no noise. Which means when they put a SoP on now, it gets emphasised attention/energy.

When the next-gen is in full swing, I feel this format will flourish.

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
10 mins was way too short for the content. Felt rushed and it's bad when it felt the MH DLC seemed like it was on for half the show leaving little for anything else. 15 or 20 mins for the content would have been more sufficient.

Ojli

Chicken Chaser
Oct 28, 2017
Sweden
Away looks like they used the salvaged parts from Wild that was shown at Paris Games Week in 2015. Though Wild looked more interesting (where you could RIDE A BEAR).

Medievil looked the most fun of all games shown.

Bioshocker

Oct 28, 2017
Sweden
Well, that was not much. Feels like it's more and more about PS5 for Sony at this point. That's fine, I still have The Last of Us: Part II to look forward to.

silva1991

Oct 26, 2017
Great direct for FF7R alone. It's not like they wasted 30min of our lives. Just over 10mins with awesome FF7 trailer is solid and Iceborne looked great.

The only disappointment is that new PS4 exclusive. I knew it wasn't gonna be a Japanese game(as usual) but an online shooter? yawn.

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
Medievil is looking rougher than I would hope. I really hope they can get a little more polish in before it releases.

Away looks awesome.

Bennibop

Oct 30, 2017
For those wondering about Illfonic, the developer making the Predator Hunting Grounds game, they made the Friday the 13th game that launched in 2017. So, expect something similar to that except with Sony money backing it.

Ok this makes me excited for the Predator game, Friday 13th was great fun but was obviously made on a budget, hopefully Sony backing these guys will mean a step up in quality.
Also nice to see Sony backing a multiplayer only title should silence some of the people that claim they only do cinematic single player games (even though that has never been true!)

-girgosz-

Aug 16, 2018
Ok this makes me excited for the Predator game, Friday 13th was great fun but was obviously made on a budget, hopefully Sony backing these guys will mean a step up in quality.
Also nice to see Sony backing a multiplayer only title should silence some of the people that claim they only do cinematic single player games (even though that has never been true!)

The weird thing that they said the Predator game is isometric. It would work much better as OTS game imo but we'll see.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
I'm 100% convinced they kept this SoP short to ensure there would be plenty of content for the next SoP that will happen either before, during or after E3, and at least one of the Big 3 will be there. Nothing will convince me otherwise. It's also interesting to see they're advertising a 2020 game in this SoP, which means maybe all of the Big 3 could be shown if they want a big SoP around E3.

But yeah, I enjoyed this SoP very much. They certainly made the most of those 10 minutes.

zodiaq

Oct 28, 2017
I think for what they told us prior to it, it was pretty good. For me personally not so much I have no interest in Awake or Predator (at least not from what we know). FFVII, MediEvil and Monster Hunter looks nice though. With the next one I would really love to get an update to either Death Stranding or GOT.

DieH@rd

Oct 26, 2017
State of Play 2 was short, but sweet. FF7R looks really great, I hope Square will show much more at E3.

Nostradamus

Oct 28, 2017
Honestly, I don't know how people expected more than that. It's a 10 min video that contains a trailer of a HUGE title that we haven't heard in a long while and several trailers of smaller but exciting games. Some of them brand new as well.

justiceiro

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
MH: Iceborne
Riverbond (top-down Minecraft-visual like "action-rpg" game)
Predator:Hunting Grounds (team vs Predator online multiplayer game)
Medievil
Away: The Survival Series (play as a flying rodent game)
PS4 Days of Play Limited Edition Console
FFVIIR trailer
1. Monster Hunter World Iceborne trailer, coming September 9th
2. Riverbond trailer(has guest appearances from shovel knight, enter the gungeon, and guacamelee) releasing in the summer
3. Small preview for Predator: Hunting Grounds. Releases in 2020
4. Medievil trailer. Releasing October 25th
5. Away: The survival series just announced
6. Days of Play PS4 Slim revealed
7. FF7 Teaser, more info to come in June(I'm assuming that would be during Square Enix's E3 stream)
Thanks. What's is this days of play ps4 thing? It's cheaper or smaller in any way?

VanDoughnut

Oct 30, 2017
Thought it was great.

Monster Hunter opening and FFVII to close. Away looks awesome, I like the idea of a playable Planet Earth. Riverbond has a nice style and damn Medievil needs some work but it has that awesome jolly spooky vibe.

We all want a new Ratchet but I'm looking forward to all of them. Even the Predator game has me curious.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
We got freaking FFVIIR and there's still 6.3k dislikes on Youtube. Whats wrong with people?!

The dislikes might partly be because of the 8 minutes of black the video starts with, forcing people to skip through to the correct time for the show to actually start.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
We got freaking FFVIIR and there's still 6.3k dislikes on Youtube. Whats wrong with people?!
Well there are many people in the western fan base who have been waiting for close to a year for new information on titles like the last of us part 2, and that don't care for titles like ff7r. You can see online how thirsty tlou fans are for new information at this point.

blackmass

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Berlin - Germany
I'm not a fan of this format tbh. Or at least how Sony is doing it. No matter what they show, it feels underwhelming. And the name State of Play is crap too (but ok, that's on me).

And why was the last one so extremely rushed? Do they have a 10 minutes limit or something? That made no sense at all. I kept looking on my watch all the time (5 minutes left, 2 minutes left). And yeah, wow at that "extended" look at Medieval.

That short, little FF VII teaser really saved that joke of a whatever that was.