• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Era is like the zombies in REmake 2 when you shoot their limbs. As in it is falling apart.

The hype for FF7R is real

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
Seemed like this thread was going so slow but the second the FFVII trailer dropped all of Era broke down, lol.

It worries me that after 4 years since it was revealed they are still only showing the opening Reactor mission. And what worries me the most is if they make Cloud like the boring brooding mute he was in the sequels instead of how he was in the original game. Here he's not scarred yet by tragedy (that he can remember) there's no reason why he should be broody!

It's been so long since I played VII, but that's not how I remember it. I thought he was so fixated on being true to the history he'd imagined for himself that he was tending to cut himself off from people.

But yes, it's been a really really long time, so... I dunno.

Deleted member 13077

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Obscene that people are disappointed by what was shown there. If you came out of that feeling like your time was wasted then I'm sorry, but you need to get a fucking grip of yourself.

It was a 10 minute presentation where it was SPELLED OUT EXACTLY WHAT WAS GOING TO BE IN IT. If you expected anything other than what was on show then that's entirely on you and your own failure to manage expectations.

More on topic, FF7 looks great.

GrubChub

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So glad to see FF7 Remake again.

Was also super excited to see Predator also. Then I heard those words, "Asymmetrical multiplayer." Gross.

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
Wait, what? people are pissed again? What were you expecting? At this point they should just not show anything else anymore and just release stuff without notice.

emb

Oct 28, 2017
Pretty happy with that. Felt really trimmed down, but mostly in a good way. Felt like I was at least a little positive on just about everything they showed. Riverbond especially looked cool, and was something that would never have been on my radar without a good ad like this. FFVII visuals really impressed too, but I'd probably just forgotten how it looked in the first place, it's been so long. It's also good to get that little nod that we'll see more in June; it was all but confirmed for E3 obviously, but now actually confirmed (or maybe it already was, I miss a lot these days).

Oct 25, 2017
Silicon Valley
"A waste of time"

It was just 10 minutes lol
Honestly the people whining about this, or having stayed awake for this (when we were told CLEARLY it was only 10 min long), or calling it shit because whatever they imagined being there wasn't there, are the real waste of our time here (their negative comments).

The format is almost too condensed, but my only actual disappointment was the lack of PSVR titles. Alas, it seems like they are going to specify what they focus on each State of Play. If people want to stay awake for a 10 minute montage of trailers and then get mad about it, they should just be mad at themselves.

I don't even play MHW but that looked pretty dope, the couch co-up voxel dungeon crawler looks super fun, AWAY looks fantastic, and FF7R continues to look beautiful, and much less like FFXV's combat (thankfully). Medieval looks neat, but I've never played the original so my hype for it doesn't exist yet.

Era slowing to a crawl, though, eh? Nice lol

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
I liked the look of Away and that dungeon crawler game. The predator game was the biggest disappointment

enginesword

May 6, 2019
To everyone who has either claimed FFVII Remake was cancelled or that it wouldn't show up, I really just have one thing to say....

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
Was going to post earlier about people over hyping themselves like always only to end disappointed, like always, but didn't want to shit in the beer cooler by being negative.

Swift_Gamer

Banned
Dec 14, 2018
Rio de Janeiro
"Nothing". Lol.

Sure that comment was only at the first glance and as my first live reaction. But "Nothing" is almost more exaggerated as my reaction.
It totally doesn't. It doesn't seem like you can simply press O to win, it doesn't look like it's going to be the hell on earth and unmanageable like FFXV was and it totally looks like slower paced compared to FFXV. You'll actually be able to see what you're doing.
So, nothing like FFXV, unless you mean to say all ARPGs look the same, yet they doesn't.

Nose Master

Oct 27, 2017
Mansies ff7r battle system looks worse every time they show it. Not even an atb stan, but that looked even more braindead than ff15's.

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Not bad, nothing really surprising but wasn't expecting anything major from this one. Monster Hunter DLC looks good and MediEvil Remake looks fine. Predator was not expected but shame it's not a single player story driven game.

They have the smaller announcements and VR stuff out now though, so the next one, which is likely going to be around e3 will probably be a longer video, with all the bigger announcements.

FF7 Remake looks awesome though, can't wait to see more in June.

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
It was good for what it was. Several new and promising announcements, trailers for some of the most anticipated upcoming games and it lived up to what they had promised. Nothing felt like filler either.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Away was a very nice surprise! Game of the show for me. Neither of the State of Play has blown me away, but it's to be expected since the PS4 is entering its last year and a half, plus we already know Sony's heavy hitters for the rest of the generation.
The direct format is very cool though so keep it up!

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
It totally doesn't. It doesn't seem like you can simply press O to win, it doesn't look like it's going to be the hell on earth and unmanageable like FFXV was and it totally looks like slower paced compared to FFXV. You'll actually be able to see what you're doing.
So, nothing like FFXV, unless you mean to say all ARPGs look the same, yet they doesn't.

I really mean just look and even only at the first glance, not in detail of course, it will probably play a lot different, yes.

Carmelozi

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Oh man It was awesome. I like the mix of mid-game and AAA games, the pace was good. I think they are into something for future announcements.