• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Mercador

Nov 18, 2017
Quebec City
It totally doesn't. It doesn't seem like you can simply press O to win, it doesn't look like it's going to be the hell on earth and unmanageable like FFXV was and it totally looks like slower paced compared to FFXV. You'll actually be able to see what you're doing.
So, nothing like FFXV, unless you mean to say all ARPGs look the same, yet they doesn't.
Not sure about it seriously. If you watch the UI around 40s, the player spams "Square" to Attack, maybe it's not a gameplay spoof after all.

Still, I'm concerned that we're only seeing the first mission of the game.

Don't get me wrong, I'm eager to know more but I'm afraid it won't be FF7 remastered but more like an action game.

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
So Sony said 10 minutes in which they showed MH dlc, Away, Predator, Medieval and FF7R and some still call it a waste of time. It's like people never learn.

Abylim

Oct 29, 2017
Australia
I never said waste of time. And my itsfuckingnothing comment was more on ff7r trailer. Bombing mission shit again. No new details. Is it still Episodic? Cuz if so I'm very deflated on it.

Sanchoco

Dec 3, 2018
Damm, i missed. Summary anyone?

1. Monster Hunter World Iceborne trailer, coming September 9th
2. Riverbond trailer(has guest appearances from shovel knight, enter the gungeon, and guacamelee) releasing in the summer
3. Small preview for Predator: Hunting Grounds. Releases in 2020
4. Medievil trailer. Releasing October 25th
5. Away: The survival series just announced
6. Days of Play PS4 Slim revealed
7. FF7 Teaser, more info to come in June(I'm assuming that would be during Square Enix's E3 stream)

Zlug

Oct 1, 2018
Nothing of interest for me was shown except the medievil gameplay. But it looked a little rough...so..eh.

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Guess Sony and Disney are making the most of their good business relationship, after Spider-Man, with a Predator game coming from Sony's WWS (Disney own 20th Century Fox now remember)

Can we have an Alien game too ?

Oct 27, 2017
Not a bad show. FFVII is my favourite game of all time but I've next yo no interest in this remake, and it's troubling that they're still showing footage from the very beginning of the game. Will be interesting to check out in about 2028 when the trilogy is done, I guess.

Elsewhere not a lot which interests me personally, although I'm intrigued by the Predator game. Away looked pretty and interesting too (flying squirrel game).

That Predator game was announced as coming from WWS. Did Sony buy Illfonic or was that just a way of saying PS4 exclusive?

Yeah, I wondered that too. I guess it's a first-party funded game, possibly with one of their studios in an oversight role? A bit like with Spider-Man or Iron Man.

Sibylus

Oct 25, 2017
b7e801a597a3ff7623e8c0706143a9f3_w200.gif

Game of the show (and yeah, it's a sugar glider).

Swift_Gamer

Banned
Dec 14, 2018
Rio de Janeiro
Not sure about it seriously. If you watch the UI around 40s, the player spams "Square" to Attack, maybe it's not a gameplay spoof after all.

Still, I'm concerned that we're only seeing the first mission of the game.

Don't get me wrong, I'm eager to know more but I'm afraid it won't be FF7 remastered but more like an action game.
That's probably accurate enough, but I meant to say you won't have to keep O pressed like in FFXV (I hated that) or square to evade, it looks like you'll have to time the blocks. The game looks slower paced than FFXV. I really believe the game will be easy, as they tend to be nowadays.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Fuck forgot this was today, but holy fuck FF7R was actually shown, was so expecting there to be a fuck load of people being disappointed.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
I was happy with this little state of play. Brought some big guns for being so short.

Silky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Georgia
Please. The goal post was fine where it was, do not move it, it is in perfect symmetry with the goalpost across the field

I don't make goalposts lmfao, showing one work in progress teaser means nothing to me at all

Having a release window is more meaningful for SE products, you can have as many pretty in progress concepts as much as you like but.im not gullible, I drink water

Snake Eater

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Mid evil look like a PS3 game, a lot rougher than I thought it would especially when compared to Spyro and crash

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like it was a bad choice for them to lead with the best looking game of the stream but it was the biggest known quality I guess so it made sense.

Riverbond looks kinda awesome too though, reminded me a lot of 3D Dot Game Heroes and I'll never get tired of the "every indie game has the most popular indie game characters cameoing in it" trend.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, true, but they'd be disappointed regardless I'd imagine. For a 10 minute show it was really good, not sure what more you could expect really, considering what they said beforehand.
Eh, I really love Medievil so I was hoping for a better showing from that, personally. Especially given they specifically called it out as a thing they were showing. But what they showed looked early

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Eh, I really love Medievil so I was hoping for a better showing from that, personally. Especially given they specifically called it out as a thing they were showing. But what they showed looked early
I can understand that actually, was definitely expecting it to be more than another trailer, but I'm happy it wasn't just it taking up half the show personally.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
I can understand that actually, was definitely expecting it to be more than another trailer, but I'm happy it wasn't just it taking up half the show personally.
Yeah, I would have been fine with just the trailer tbh if it just looked better. I'm sure it'll pull together in the end but that trailer was not encouraging.

Natsunoyuutsu

Oct 28, 2017
So fucking naive to even think Sony may allocate 5 more mins specifically for Japan...
As big as MH and FF7, they're not enough to bring new players to ps4.
And for what it is, do this show really is necessary?
I feel like it was made in a hurry just try to make it up to the last one.
There just no purposeful plan or any thoughts in this whole direct thing unlike what Nintendo does.

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
That was a good one this time in terms of pacing, which was the main issue with their first Direct.
Content wasn't that interesting for the most part, but when you have good pacing, you don't notice it.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK

Aftermath

Oct 27, 2017
THAT was their E3?
(Replacement/equivalent)

You have to understand not Everyone in the world is a FF fan and if they aren't then there was nothing there exciting for us.

Last edited: