• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
THAT was their E3?

You have to understand not Everyone in the world is a FF fan and if they aren't then there was nothing there exciting for us.

Nah

I expect they have another SoP around E3. They seem to be doing this a little over a month from each other, March 25th, May 9th, mid June to July I expect another one...

Mercador

Nov 18, 2017
Quebec City
That's probably accurate enough, but I meant to say you won't have to keep O pressed like in FFXV (I hated that) or square to evade, it looks like you'll have to time the blocks. The game looks slower paced than FFXV. I really believe the game will be easy, as they tend to be nowadays.
Yeah, let's hope a bit. At least, they said it was for the PS4 so I guess we'll get the first chapter(?) before fall 2020. I just hope that they'll show something more than this mission during E3.

Tibarn

Oct 31, 2017
Barcelona
Well at least the pacing was great as it was short. Nothing great from the presentation, I don't like that much the new FF VII version and I don't care at all about MH. Medievill still looks surprisingly bad, the framerate is atrocious on all the trailers they show and the graphics are nothing special either.

CruJones33Rad

Apr 22, 2019
I've only played one FF game, the most recent one where the dude cooks and makes weird sounds, and I loved it. Thought this trailer for this remake looked excellent. Really looking forward to it.

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
I think I would enjoy these State of Play events significantly less if it wasn't for Zhuge telling us what level of expectations we should have. They should honestly consider having a spiciness meter whenever they announce these events.

(I realize they would never do that)

Symphony

Oct 27, 2017
The trailer made that new PS4 colour look like it was going to have a prismatic effect (like all the phones this year) and I was ready to open my wallet, they pull the curtain off aaaaand it's just grey with a bland logo. After this many years who cares? It should be a standard colour. Sony's limited edition consoles continue to be embarrasing compared to Microsoft's.

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
The trailer made that new PS4 colour look like it was going to have a prismatic effect (like all the phones this year) and I was ready to open my wallet, they pull the curtain off aaaaand it's just grey with a bland logo. After this many years who cares? It should be a standard colour. Sony's limited edition consoles continue to be embarrasing compared to Microsoft's.

That 500 LE one was pretty damn amazing.

Also that FF XV one as well.

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
Can someone explain the predator game? Like is Sony helping or funding the game? Who on songs side is assisting if any?

Is it exclusive? Not that it matters but it's like a wtf move is this?

Best game: flying squirrel, the game.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Can someone explain the predator game? Like is Sony helping or funding the game? Who on songs side is assisting if any?

Is it exclusive? Not that it matters but it's like a wtf move is this?

Best game: flying squirrel, the game.
Looks like Sony is funding and helping, but we have no idea to what extend Sony is involved exactly. And it looks to be an exclusive yeah.

Natsunoyuutsu

Oct 28, 2017
I'm sorry, I don't quite understand what point you are making?
To my original post, I was thinking they may announce something special designed for Japan because JP ps blog stated that the show is going to be 15mins long instead of 10 mins but nothing happened.
And you quote my post talking about console sales. So I'm writing you back that in Japan, ps4 was outsold by switch already. Nothing more, I don't have a point to make.

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018
I don't make goalposts lmfao, showing one work in progress teaser means nothing to me at all

Having a release window is more meaningful for SE products, you can have as many pretty in progress concepts as much as you like but.im not gullible, I drink water

I mean you know how Square roll with their dev times and how they plan to release this. Have you been a bit too hopeful or optimistic in their abilities to crank this out that you're expecting a release date on this 10min stream?

I wouldn't call you gullible, nah.

Silky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Georgia
I mean you know how Square roll with their dev times and how they plan to release this. Have you been a bit too hopeful or optimistic in their abilities to crank this out that you're expecting a release date on this 10min stream?

I wouldn't call you gullible, nah.

I don't expect anything from anyone sorry, and I definitely don't expect any real information from Square Enix about this game

If it happens? Sure whatever but you're not gonna catch me hoping

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
To my original post, I was thinking they may announce something special designed for Japan because JP ps blog stated that the show is going to be 15mins long instead of 10 mins but nothing happened.
And you quote my post talking about console sales. So I'm writing you back that in Japan, ps4 was outsold by switch already. Nothing more, I don't have a point to make.
Didn't realise that you were referring to Japan sales.

However my point still stands, Sony aren't worried that their console that is about to become the 2nd best selling home console ever is starting to slow down in sales (even though they were still number 1 in 2018) when their next console is coming out next year.

Nothing unusual about another successful console starting to sell more then another console in its 5th year and about to be replaced.

Rran

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Much improved over the last/ first State of Play--happy they listened to fan feedback. Really can't wait for some of these games...

jayu26

Oct 25, 2017
Would you rather keep Japan and settle for 80-90 sales million world wide or would you rather loose Japan and sell 130+ million in the same time frame?

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So fucking naive to even think Sony may allocate 5 more mins specifically for Japan...
As big as MH and FF7, they're not enough to bring new players to ps4.
And for what it is, do this show really is necessary?
I feel like it was made in a hurry just try to make it up to the last one.
There just no purposeful plan or any thoughts in this whole direct thing unlike what Nintendo does.
This was a State of Play for everybody. All around the world. And if you think FF7:Remake isn't a game "to bring new players to the PS4" then sorry, I can't help you.
Was this show "necessary". No, nothing is "necessary". An E3 conference isn't "necessary". But it's nice.
If you don't like it, you a free to chose NOT to watch it. Simple as that. State of Play is a quick, easy way to show some quick trailers and announcements every now and then. You have always the option not to watch them if they make you so angry.

Last_colossi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
THAT was their E3?
(Replacement/equivalent)

You have to understand not Everyone in the world is a FF fan and if they aren't then there was nothing there exciting for us.

They probably have no big games left to show or announce this year. Death Stranding will most likely be a cross gen title, The Last of Us 2 might come out at the end of this year or get pushed to early 2020 (the same with Tsushima) & if Sony have anymore awesome sequels or new IP's in the works they'll all be PS5 launch window titles.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
I think they'll do one of these during e3s. They're not gonna pass up that chance
Possible I guessI, but really I don't think they'd have completely pulled out if they had plans to show anything around E3. I think there'll just have a lot of the stuff shown at 3rd party shows be "PS4" gameplay. And probably have another SoP when they wanna talk about TLoU 2 or something.

JayWood2010

Oct 27, 2017
I thought it was improved over the heavy VR centric State of Play. I do think there will be a SoP next month around E3 as well.