• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Natsunoyuutsu

Oct 28, 2017

StarStorm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Monster Hunter World: Iceborne and FFVII Remake has gotten me hyped. Can't wait for more info on FF7 next month.

Oct 27, 2017
Considering how long it's been since we've heard anything at all from the big 3, I don't think it's unreasonable to expect some kind of acknowledgment of a release window or something for 1 of them. Whether that is a simple Spring 2020 or whatever, it at least provides something tangible to look forward to.

Natsunoyuutsu

Oct 28, 2017
This was a State of Play for everybody. All around the world. And if you think FF7:Remake isn't a game "to bring new players to the PS4" then sorry, I can't help you.
Was this show "necessary". No, nothing is "necessary". An E3 conference isn't "necessary". But it's nice.
If you don't like it, you a free to chose NOT to watch it. Simple as that. State of Play is a quick, easy way to show some quick trailers and announcements every now and then. You have always the option not to watch them if they make you so angry.
If I sounded angry I'm sorry to make it looks that way. I'm not. And I did not say that the game is not going to bring new players to ps4. I said two Japanese games are not enough for Jp market.

Megatron

Oct 27, 2017
I think we will still get something from Sony around E3 time. Because if we weren't then why release this now instead of closer to E3?

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If I sounded angry I'm sorry to make it looks that way. I'm not. And I did not say that the game is not going to bring new players to ps4. I said two Japanese games are not enough for Jp market.
They japanese market is "mobile gaming" focused. PS4 is a home console. The PS4 will sell ~10 million units in Japan when all is said an then. Just like the PS3. People know what to expect for the PS4, PS5, etc. You will get the most japanese 3rd party multiplatform games, some exclusives from Japan Studio and a few 3rd party console exclusives like Nioh. That'a about it. The main market for PlayStation is the western market. It is what it is.
I feel bad for whoever gets excited for these
You shouldn't, because it was great. A short State of Play with MediEvil, a new exclusive, a few good indie games and FF7 Remake to end the stream. Damn good.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Show was good. Definitely doesn't deserve any hate.

Hayeya

Oct 29, 2017
Canada
People are not happy because SE did not release any new info or media for FF7R.
People are not happy because SE released new info and media for FF7R.
People these days are not happy on a constant basis it seems.

BoxManLocke

Oct 25, 2017
France
It was decent but it needs to be longer IMO.

I also wish it had, I don't know, some kind of identity ? It definitely feels like something's missing here.

Tagg

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I liked it. Good show and everything moved along fast. If Sony was ready to show more of their first-party games then they'd still be doing an E3 conference.

Hucast

alt account
Banned
Mar 25, 2019
I get that this doesn't replace E3 perse, but every other month of state of play put together would make a decent hour of E3. Not the best of E3 but still. I'm not sure if this format is that good for Sony. I feel like it's a regression for them just like I felt it was for Nintendo. I remember when everyone was on the side of nintendo being stupid to backing off of the stage from e3 and now I don't hear that noise anymore. I'm not fine with it

mullah88

Oct 28, 2017
man my excitement when i saw the first soldier in the predator trailer, i thought it was a socom title! why sony why!!!!

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
i don't get the 'outrage' (if any) for this.

Sony stated it's going to be a short stream and people are complaining it's too short? What?

I can now predict that people will be outraged with the next stream having too much indie games even though when sony announced before hand that the stream will be for indie games only.

And then the next outrage for the following stream: Sony announce next days of play stream to be dedicated to PS4 exclusives only.
People outraging: Why are these games only exclusive to PS4? Bummer! This will be perfect for the Switch!!