• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
Where was the anti-hype brigade for the Nintendo Directs?
Have you been to any Nintendo directs?
It's always starts off with excitement and thenusually extreme pessimism happens cause someone said something lol

Just wait until the show ends. It will be the worst thing ever and Sony should publicly apologize to their fans, yet everyone nonstop asks for the next one.

Never ending cycle

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Have you been to any Nintendo directs?
It's always starts off with excitement and thenusually extreme pessimism happens cause someone said something lol

Just wait until the show ends. It will be the worst thing ever and Sony should publicly apologize to their fans, yet everyone nonstop asks for the next one.

Never ending cycle
yeah. people will get used to it by the 6th or 7th episode tho.

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
i have seen the memes about this all around social media but never seen the annoucement thread here on era all day, i thought i was dreaming or something.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
Gravity rush 3 please Sony don't abandon kat

The Gravity Rush story was initially split into two parts, the original game told the first half and the sequel told the second half. So technically the story is complete, although they could always find an excuse to make more. But it doesn't seem like Toyama's next game will be a GR3. I think he's indicated that it'll be an action/adventure game or a horror title.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Aki Saito retweeted this tweet:

PdX5UO0.png

qneM8Wd.png
So GG, Geoff, and aki all retweeted this? If zhuge didn't say to lower expectation I would be super excited right now...

B.O.O.M.

Oct 25, 2017
Just some announcements I'm expecting:
  • Dreams update
  • MediEvil update
  • Concrete Genie update
  • Days Gone gameplay, possible first sneak peak at post-launch DLC
  • PSN name change date
  • EA Access announcement
  • Bunch of announcements of ports for VR, indie and generally smaller games

Honestly if this list is anywhere near accurate it should be a very very nice show

klee123

Oct 27, 2017
Welp, not going to bother to tune into this. I expect nothing which interests me anyways.

Elohim99

Banned
Jan 2, 2019
-Concrete Genie release date
-Dreams EA release date
-Blood and truth release date
-Days Gone info
-PS+ lineup for April (maybe with VR games added)
-EA Access on PS4
-PSN ID change info
-Some cool AA/Indie announcements for PS4 and VR
-Updates on the development of the big 3 and when we can expect more (probably won'r happen but who knows).

hubertuss03

Banned
Oct 9, 2018
Maybe some update about Nioh 2.
Director of the game said earlier that we can expect update about game early 2019.

Badcoo

May 9, 2018
This seems to be the smartest way to go. Though, I am gonna miss the amazing E3 press conferences.

Tezza

Nov 15, 2017
It's the first show, and I'm sure this will evolve throughout the year/s. I'm excited for what this can turn into. Everybody likes the idea of Nintendo Directs, but I remember a time when gamers and media people, shitted on it and made fun of it, cause it wasn't a press conference style event, look at it now :)

Nov 18, 2018
I'm excited about this. Not expecting megatons obviously, but it'll be nice to have some small announcements to tide us over while we wait for the inevitable PS5 blowout next year.

I'd love to get a release date for TLOU2 but I think it's probably too early for that. Maybe at the next one.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
-Concrete Genie release date
-Dreams EA release date
-Blood and truth release date
-Days Gone info
-PS+ lineup for April (maybe with VR games added)
-EA Access on PS4
-PSN ID change info
-Some cool AA/Indie announcements for PS4 and VR
-Updates on the development of the big 3 and when we can expect more (probably won'r happen but who knows).

I think all those seem reasonable with the exception of the last point. I have no expectations of seeing the big 3 before Days Gone has launched.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if cuphead is indeed coming to PS4 but Sony is waiting for this event to showcase it?
Just some announcements I'm expecting:
  • Dreams update
  • MediEvil update
  • Concrete Genie update
  • Days Gone gameplay, possible first sneak peak at post-launch DLC
  • PSN name change date
  • EA Access announcement
  • Bunch of announcements of ports for VR, indie and generally smaller games
toss in Death Stranding and I think this is solid for their first event

maybe Patapon 2 and something else downloadable to be sprinkles on top

Last edited:

[Sigma]

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
That's a pretty crappy name for the event. Would love a release date for GoT to be this year. Im not expecting waves from this stream tho.

JediMPG

Avenger
Jan 6, 2019
I'm curious to see how often they'll have these. Every quarter would probably be best. Give a preview of the upcoming quarter and perhaps a peek into the future after it.

AniHawk

No Fear, Only Math
Oct 25, 2017
sony doesn't make games that make me think of 'play' as a noun so i don't know why they have pushed that so hard for the last 5-10 years. i get they came up with a console called playstation in the 90s and they're kind of stuck with it because half the systems they've made in that name have been unqualified successes, but the 'play' as a noun thing is dumb.

'state of play' makes me groan a little but that's more in how punny it is, which is what a good pun should do.

OldBritBloke

Oct 28, 2017
sony doesn't make games that make me think of 'play' as a noun

I understand, but I don't agree with that sentiment. I was playing Everybody's Golf last night and I think it's a perfect expression of 'play'. The same spirit is to be found in the likes of Dreams (and all else from Media Molecule) and Astrobot. Sony have always created friendly, inclusive and kind-hearted content. Sure, they also offer brutal murder sims that embody the concept of play in less obvious - less wholesome? - ways. But I don't play that stuff half as much.

Mr. Pointy

Oct 28, 2017
While I should be tempering my expectations, i choose to believe Polyphony Digital and KojiPro will announce a new Omega Boost game in this stream.

AniHawk

No Fear, Only Math
Oct 25, 2017
I understand, but I don't agree with that sentiment. I was playing Everybody's Golf last night and I think it's a perfect expression of 'play'. The same spirit is to be found in the likes of Dreams (and all else from Media Molecule) and Astrobot. Sony have always created friendly, inclusive and kind-hearted content. Sure, they also offer brutal murder sims that embody the concept of play in less obvious - less wholesome? - ways. But I don't play that stuff half as much.

at least for the last five years or so, they haven't devoted time to any of those kinds of games at their conferences. so it always seemed at odds to try and use such a whimsical term and then inundate their audience with 90 minutes of grown-up murder.

Status
Not open for further replies.