• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

jrDev

Banned
Mar 2, 2018
Your argument is getting dumber by the post. PSVR is the most successful and accessible premium platform in its category - it has sold more than Rift and Vive combined, do you think this happened without content?

Sony has put actual weight behind PSVR and it shows.

Exclusives (incomplete):

Wipeout Omega Collection
Resident Evil 7
Rez Infinite VR
Firewall Zero
Golem
Iron man
The Inpatient
Concrete Genie
Astro Bot: Rescue Mission
Farpoint
Ghost Giant
Ace Combat 7
Bound
Here They Lie
Bravo Team
GT Sports
Stardust Ultra
Ghostbusters is Hiring
Borderlands 2 VR
RIGS Mechanized combat league
Trover Saves the Universe
Tetris Effect VR
Starblood Arena
Until Dawn: Rush of Blood
Driveclub VR
Blood and Truth

Time exclusives (incomplete):

Moss
Batman Arkham VR
Robinsons The Journey
Skyrim
Physconauts in the Rhombus of Ruin

There are roughly 300 games/experiences on PS4 in just little over 2 years, and it's only going to get better.

Do you think all of this content has just magically appeared out of thin air?

Yup, unless you know something I don't.

Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare has a VR mode, lol.

I knew exactly what you were talking about, as a consequence, I was trying to show you an alternative point of view. You asked if there were any AAA (presumably Sony) franchises using VR, I answered this with an unequivocal NO and followed it up with an exclusive game with good production values.

This is where your accusation of disingenuity started, that's why I questioned if you understood what it meant to be disingenuous.

Now let me showcase actual disingenuous behaviour:
Ok, so how does my argument about Sony not putting its AAA franchises turn into me challenging the ENTIRE PSVR library of 300 games (which none are Sony AAA games evidently, someone can correct me)?

I also didn't say PSVR wasn't the best selling VR device so I don't even know where this argument materialized from.

Call of Duty has a "VR mode" or does it have the entire game being played in VR like RE7? Is it the same game? BTW I don't care about this argument that you brought up since again, my initial discussion was about Sony franchises.

Also, thanks for confirming that you were being disingenuous with me on my points.

If you are not here to argue about Sony's nonexistent AAA franchises on VR, then what exactly are you arguing with me for?
From "Sony is not committing to VR because they're not making an AAA VR game" to "Sony is not comitting to VR because they've not making a VR game in every one of their franchises".
Please prove that I said this...

Equanimity

Oct 27, 2017
London
Ok, so how does my argument about Sony not putting its AAA franchises turn into me challenging the ENTIRE PSVR library of 300 games (which none are Sony AAA games evidently, someone can correct me)?

I also didn't say PSVR wasn't the best selling VR device so I don't even know where this argument materialized from.

Call of Duty has a "VR mode" or does it have the entire game being played in VR like RE7? Is it the same game? BTW I don't care about this argument that you brought up since again, my initial discussion was about Sony franchises.

Also, thanks for confirming that you were being disingenuous with me on my points.

If you are not here to argue about Sony's nonexistent AAA franchises on VR, then what exactly are you arguing with me for?

Please prove that I said this...

This discussion is a colossal waste of my time. You're moving goalposts, being devious, disingenuous and outright lying.

Bye.

Dabi3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There's a solid 3-4 must buys in there for me.

jrDev

Banned
Mar 2, 2018
The poster said:
Remember when people said VR would be the next Vita?
And I responded by saying...
Kinda still is until ALL of Sony's big franchises are made with VR in mind. Is there any current or upcoming AAA franchises using VR?
Where in all of this did I say "Sony is not committing to VR because they're not making an AAA VR game"?
This discussion is a colossal waste of my time. You're moving goalposts, being devious, disingenuous and outright lying.

Bye.
Ok, this was a waste of my time too. I didn't move goalposts (prove that), wasn't devious (Are you serious?), wasn't disingenuous (I was clearly telling you what I know), and....lying (yeah, this conversation is over since I didn't lie about anything, I challenged all of your arguments that DID move goalposts from my initial point).

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
The poster said:

And I responded by saying...

Where in all of this did I say "Sony is not committing to VR because they're not making an AAA VR game"?

What? You actually made a more ridiculous claim than that: "Sony is not committing to VR (that is, PSVR is like the Vita) until they make ALL of their games VR". Not "one game": all. This is an absolutely preposterous condition that evidently can never be met; a standard of "commitment" that anyone can see is only formulated so as to be unattainable.

I mean, it's clear you're not trying to convince me, but who exactly are you playing to here? Who is your audience? Who do you expect to read what you post and think "sounds legit"? You realize anyone in the thread can see what you wrote, right? This is absolutely surreal.

Ok, this was a waste of my time too. I didn't move goalposts (prove that), wasn't devious (Are you serious?), wasn't disingenuous (I was clearly telling you what I know), and....lying (yeah, this conversation is over since I didn't lie about anything, I challenged all of your arguments that DID move goalposts from my initial point).

It's pretty obvious that you're not interested in anything but gaslighting, disingenuity and straight out denying facts that anyone can see with their own two eyes, so yeah, good day to you too.

Equanimity

Oct 27, 2017
London
What? You actually made a more ridiculous claim than that: "Sony is not committing to VR (that is, PSVR is like the Vita) until they make ALL of their games VR". Not "one game": all. This is an absolutely preposterous condition that evidently can never be met; a standard of "commitment" that anyone can see is only formulated so as to be unattainable.

I mean, it's clear you're not trying to convince me, but who exactly are you playing to here? Who is your audience? Who do you expect to read what you post and think "sounds legit"? You realize anyone in the thread can see what you wrote, right? This is absolutely surreal.

It's pretty obvious that you're not interested in anything but gaslighting, disingenuity and straight out denying facts that anyone can see with their own two eyes, so yeah, good day to you too.

I'm glad there's an ignore button, used it for the first time today.

jrDev

Banned
Mar 2, 2018
What? You actually made a more ridiculous claim than that: "Sony is not committing to VR (that is, PSVR is like the Vita) until they make ALL of their games VR". This is an absolutely preposterous condition that evidently can never be met; a standard of "commitment" that anyone can see is only formulated so as to be unattainable.

Why are you responding to me without proof that I moved goalposts?

There was one genuine response to my post:
VR is amazing but at this stage it can't provide the best experience in every genre that Sony makes AAA games in; I'd say they're doing an admirable job playing to their hardware's strengths at the moment and the number of meaty VR titles in general is growing.
Which is true, they are doing an admirable job but isn't really giving there all since they need to have *ahem* their big franchises doing more of the footwork...they have the development studios with talent so they should figure out how to build their AAA franchises around VR...this was my point for the entire thread...

Edit: And yeah I know the ignore button is the fallback when arguments fall apart and you can't back them up anymore...