• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

2Blackcats

Oct 26, 2017
OP: "This is not a thread for wild speculation".

Everyone immediately speculates wildly.

Hope we hear from them soon though.

byDoS

Oct 25, 2017
I'll buy anything they can possibly be making.

Bloodborne 2 would be a dream. And I'm actually quite curious about what they are doing with Nintendo (nope, it's not Metroid Prime 4)

Nacho Papi

Oct 27, 2017
Gah, wonder why people suspect we won't hear anything about their purported projects in the making this year, with the TGAs and PSX that would be two great opportunities for some exposure.

I need to know what's next. Is it just me or are they extra secretive compared to other devs?

byDoS

Oct 25, 2017
Gah, wonder why people suspect we won't hear anything about their purported projects in the making this year, with the TGAs and PSX that would be two great opportunities for some exposure.

I need to know what's next. Is it just me or are they extra secretive compared to other devs?

It depends on what other devs you are talking about.

Capcom, Bethesda, Square, Ubisoft...? Yeah, sure.

Retro Studios? Nope, no, no, no....

Adamska

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Armored Core 6 for current gen/PC, please, with extra VR modes. I really need a new AC game. I had hope they would release one for the Vita, since they re-released the PS2 games on PSP.

I'll take Bloodborne 2, too, if they're making it. Maybe they can also make a new Tenchu? Or even a successor to Ninja Blade.
OP: "This is not a thread for wild speculation".

Well, unless someone's uncle works at FROM, all we can do is speculate, isn't it?

BLLYjoe25

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure we'll hear something soon enough. I don't mind if they take their time.

I'm gonna miss Dark Souls/Bloodborne so much. I just hope they release something similar to them. As much as I'd love DS4/BB2 that's not what I'm asking for.

byDoS

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure we'll hear something soon enough. I don't mind if they take their time.

I'm gonna miss Dark Souls/Bloodborne so much. I just hope they release something similar to them. As much as I'd love DS4/BB2 that's not what I'm asking for.

Why someone would not ask for Bloodborne 2?

jk/

You are free to have a bad taste in gaming.

I'm really kidding now

FTLMantis

Oct 28, 2017
I hope it's some Nintendo exclusive. Nintendo has recently shown they're willing to lend their IPs to outside companies, and From makes it clear that they're willing to make exclusives if you pay them. I would fund this combination completely unsurprising and really exciting.

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017

I don't think they are listed as showing for PSX.

Hindle

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Thier last series of games all followed the same formula, which allowed From to design and release in quick succession.

I think for the next series From create, it will be a huge departure. Maybe even a different genre. Hence why I don't think we will hear anything for some time.

Nov 15, 2017
otogi-1-screenshot-giant-boss-snake.jpg

can a brother get an Otogi sequel

OP
OP
spam musubi

spam musubi

Oct 25, 2017
Armored Core 6 for current gen/PC, please, with extra VR modes. I really need a new AC game. I had hope they would release one for the Vita, since they re-released the PS2 games on PSP.

I'll take Bloodborne 2, too, if they're making it. Maybe they can also make a new Tenchu? Or even a successor to Ninja Blade.

Well, unless someone's uncle works at FROM, all we can do is speculate, isn't it?

My point was if there was more news that I was unaware of since what I posted.

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017
well we know they can't afford to keep up a few measly servers for Demon's Souls......

I hope they do something else different soon. Doesn't seem like Bloodborne 2 is going to happen.

Puggsly

Nov 2, 2017
NOLA
A Switch port of the Dark Souls trilogy would make me very happy, Bloodborne 2 would be great. Basically I'll take anything aside from Armored Core, never could get into that series.

Ladioss

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
A Switch port of the Dark Souls trilogy would make me very happy, Bloodborne 2 would be great. Basically I'll take anything aside from Armored Core, never could get into that series.

Getting into AC is easy as long as you understand that completing missions isn't the point of the series; the real interest lies in building your mecha :)

Zen

The Wise Ones
Nov 1, 2017
A VR armored core would convince me to buy a PSVR. Or a Vive if they release on PC.

lwkmd

Oct 29, 2017
always liked the idea of armored core series a lot more in theory than they were in practice.

hope that changes if they go back to it

Zukkoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
We have a decent picture of what they're working as detailed by multiple folks in this thread. The real question is when do they emerge from their seclusion and which of their three main games we see first. I can almost envision a scenario where they hold their own standalone event to showcase all of their games but publishing deals and such would make that pretty messy.

Maybe at E3 they announce one at Microsoft, one at Sony and one at Nintendo.

ProZach

Oct 27, 2017
If you're desperate for Miyazaki insights, check out Ken Liu's Paper Menagerie. It's a bunch of short stories that the big M mentioned when being quizzed about his inspirations.

Weirdly, Ken Liu is incredibly on the nose, unlike Miyazaki, master of subtlety. He has a fun imagination though!

muteant

Nov 1, 2017
it may be asking too much, but i hope that their next Action RPG is on the one hand firmly in the tradition of the soulsborne series, but on the other a change in the logic and mechanics of the gameworld drastic enough to make me feel completely lost and hopeless again. bloodborne partially succeeded on this point but i'd like them to push it even further.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
I don't know, OP, but I desperately want to find out too. Hoping for something at PSX at least.

I choose to believe they are working of the following:

Metroid Prime 4
Dating simulation made by Miyazaki
Armored Core
Helping Sony with Demon Souls remaster and doing a Dark Souls remaster.

Obviously.
Currently working on a Nintendo exclusive
Look at who didn't read the OP! Shame on y'all. :P