• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rickenslacker

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry, I'm not understanding what you are saying here. We are talking about Valve's output, Valve is a developer. I compared their output to another developers output, Bethesda Game Studios. I'm not sure what the publishing branch of Bethesda has to do with the discussion. The CS:GO team is Valve, but ZeniMax Online Studios is not Bethesda Game Studios, they are different developers. Once again, it would be like me comparing Valve's output to Bioware's and you coming back and saying that I didn't count DICE's games.
No that's okay, I might've been too quick on the draw there. I understand now that ESO and Legends don't really count, my bad. I also apologize for the tone of my first post, I could've done better about initiating it.

Oct 26, 2017
I was banned for 4 times, i won't risk another ban commenting or trying to argue with the moderation, i'm just disappointed about the moderators and how they handle "warnings" and "bans".

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Got a new avy just in time for the new highlight thread to go up :P

Eh... It's not happening. Unless you expect Breath of the Wild to ever come to Steam. I suspect Nintendo to have the same deal they have with Bayo 2. And tell you what, even if there was none, it'd come to PS4/One and maybe Steam 10 years later :'''')
Hey man
I'll take that AND them Ninty games on the NVidia Shield released on Steam. For one thing it'll have their titles available in China.
If Wreck-gar dares to be stupid, then by Crom, I dare to dream~

Deleted member 11517

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Literally in OP: They make their own game as part of Valve.
Furthermore: Valve doesn't make people produce hats. If they want to make hats, they will make hats but they can work on whatever project they want after completing ITVOG. The they-make-hats "joke" is misinformed bullshit that adds nothing to any conversation and forms a false and toxic lazy dev narrative.
Well, I said to my knowledge - in my defense. I only read the replies I didn't really read the OP in this case, I should have and I don't really know how Valve works so what you say could be true, the first page in the thread in question still isn't as awful or bad how people like to pretend, there are a few basically inevitable digs, that's it most stuff seems rather rational and / or informative.

Only something I wanted to point out.

BernardoOne

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Eh... It's not happening. Unless you expect Breath of the Wild to ever come to Steam. I suspect Nintendo to have the same deal they have with Bayo 2. And tell you what, even if there was none, it'd come to PS4/One and maybe Steam 10 years later :'''')
Well to be fair the whole kerbackle is that the copyright info we have right now doesn't quite match the copyright for Bayonetta 2.

Akronis

Prophet of Regret - Lizard Daddy
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well, I said to my knowledge - in my defense. I only read the replies I didn't really read the OP in this case, I should have and I don't really know how Valve works so what you say could be true, the first page in the thread in question still isn't as awful or bad how people like to pretend, there are a few basically inevitable digs, that's it most stuff seems rather rational and / or informative.

Why would you even bother contributing to that facade if you had no idea if it was true in the first place? Valve's corporate structure is extremely well documented.

Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
China

I think the thing are the double standards. Imagine Nintendo buys Bethesda. Dont you think people would be at least warned for posts like "Oh. Fallout 5 will be a casual game now". "New Elder Scrolls set in Candyland." or similar stuff, just because a lot of Nintendo games are more colorful/"kid friendly" in their art style?

Deleted member 3897

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone here gonna watch Thanos kick some Avengers butt and when?

I have been so hyped the past few weeks I have barely checked this thread. Im so out of the loop on Steam and upcoming game releases on Steam.

Also, I will exist ERA and most of the Internet in general today until my screening on wednesday.

tuxfool

Oct 25, 2017

I understand that you're just trying to help, but people aren't really just complaining about that thread specifically. That thread is emblematic of lots of other threads on the site pertaining to a valve related topic.

It isn't all that helpful to tell people that one shouldn't make a big deal out of this, but as I pointed out in that very thread, one or two bad threads happen, shit happens, but every single thread and it becomes tiresome to the people that just want to discuss the topic at hand without wading through a river of shit.

ThirtyFour

Oct 25, 2017
This is gonna get lost in all this moderation talk but The recent teenage mutant ninja turtles game is under £4, that's super tempting. I probably shouldn't though as I bought Devil May Cry 4 yesterday.

I understand that you seem to agree with the general idea behind that post but it's very unfocused. I also don't really understand why it was posted in this thread. Seems like something that should be directed at a wider userbase.

I think that was a shot against the mod post, not actually laughing at me :V

Yeah it definitely wasn't a shot at you.

GhostTrick

Oct 25, 2017

I have been so hyped the past few weeks I have barely checked this thread. Im so out of the loop on Steam and upcoming game releases on Steam.

Also, I will exist ERA and most of the Internet in general today until my screening on wednesday.

What if, when the movie starts, someone step in front of the screen, and spoil the movie to the audience ? :"")

Kyougar

Cute Animal Whisperer
Nov 3, 2017
just get it. Expect DLC in hordes though

This is what I posted in the BT OT:

Many would disagree, but I hope we get some constant campaign/story DLC/Expansions.
The game itself looks like a solid base and probably took most of the dev-time. Now they can take advantage of the groundwork and add to the Universe. You have infinite opportunities with a lore-rich environment like the Battletech Universe. Make campaigns with the different houses, more periphery, etc.

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017

You know what? I'm kinda jealous. I wish I cared about any movie the way you care about MCU. Have fun!

City 17

Oct 25, 2017
Also, to clarify, at the very end of my posting days at NeoGAF, something very awful happened to me regarding my business that I don't feel like discussing (it's still very raw, years later) and there was a period of legitimate (as in clinical) depression I went through. There was a period where I was very angry every single day, at life itself. And I'm sure it manifested in my posts.

I have worked very hard over the last several years to regain control of my life and come out of my depression, and improve my mindset.
I mostly remember you for your great contribution in the Steam Controller OT esp. pre-release when there wasn't much info to go by. That and the coding for DC OT. It was really appreciated.

And then I saw you got the axe.
So........this thread has gone places.

Call for help.

Thank Dougie.
Coffee.
Damn good!

Deleted member 1845

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Anyhow, I've made great strides in Skyrim VR. I hate to use the term "getting my VR legs", but I'm getting my VR legs. I can now play for around an hour with full locomotion and smooth turning before I start to get really nauseous. Stairs have become my nausea trigger. I new issue has popped up; face sweat. Long play times mixed with bits of motion sickness here and there sure are causing quite a bit of moisture to appear on my face and it's being absorbed by the foam around the goggles. Nasty.

Deleted member 12790

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

No man, its pretty awful. Ill go as far as to say you really cannot talk about valve here. You say its just a few digs, but its not. Its also the frustrated reaction. No matter what the actual topic is, the vast majority of posts in valve threads become either olol hats, or complaints about olol hats. This destroys any conversation. Posters will get temp banned for flames which takes them out of other conversations, legitimate posts can be lost in the fluff, it gets hard to follow the conversation.

The mods say these posts arent malicious, just jokes. Well, if they are jokes, intended to make the thread jovial, they miss the mark. Why cant those fun loving jokesters refrain from making the same joke 5 years in a row for a change?

Kyougar

Cute Animal Whisperer
Nov 3, 2017
Like I said, if it is okay to criticise a company, then there should be a dedicated Valve-Critique-Thread where all the curation stuff and "concerns" should go.
If it is okay to joke about Valve and their output, shaming the developers, then there should be a dedicated Valve-joke-Thread where all the hat and no games jokes can be posted.

So that we can have a normal ONTOPIC conversation in Valve and Steam threads.

Deleted member 14377

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I read a (german) review recently that gave Ash of Gods a 5/100 (yes 100 not 10) and called it incredibly shameful plagiarism of Bannersaga.
Doesn't answer your question but i just wanted to bring it up.

What if it's like golf and the lower it's scored, the better it is..? I thought it was legitimately by the Banner Saga folks, like some sort of "to tide you over" game between 2 and 3. That's really rough lol

Deleted member 300

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
did nicole forget about steam machines ? valve are as much in hardware as perfect for switch, and watch tv, and #4thegamers.

Deleted member 12790

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I mostly remember you for your great contribution in the Steam Controller OT esp. pre-release when there wasn't much info to go by. That and the coding for DC OT. It was really appreciated.

And then I saw you got the axe.

I turned that dc topic into a full book, btw. I wrote it over the span of like 2 years on and off. Its still being finalized, with some big dc scene coders doing a peer review for me to make sure everything is right. Then i plan on putting it out as a free ebook, or something people can buy in physical form from lulu.com

Kyougar

Cute Animal Whisperer
Nov 3, 2017
It was a Paradox Joke. (yeah i know they are just publishing)
I know, but I also implied the Paradox connection, I would have no problems with DLC if we get more story campaigns. Paradox's focus on releasing DLC's is a plus for the longevity of their games.

Or we just stop these jokes because they're childish and toxic. I'd prefer that.

I wasn't really serious. Just pointing out the ridiculousness of that stance from the moderation team. And if we have to have a childish thread to get focused Valve threads, then that's what it takes, because making unrelated hat jokes apparently is not an offense or thread derailing.

Deleted member 39587

Banned
Feb 6, 2018
I know, but I also implied the Paradox connection, I would have no problems with DLC if we get more story campaigns. Paradox's focus on releasing DLC's is a plus for the longevity of their games.

I wasn't really serious. Just pointing out the ridiculousness of that stance from the moderation team. And if we have to have a childish thread to get focused Valve threads, then that's what it takes, because making unrelated hat jokes apparently is not an offense or thread derailing.
My anger wasn't directed at you <3

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman

I've read enough Marvel major crossover comic events that Thanos the movie is one I am enterting with low expectations in the hopes that it ends up surprising me.
I'm just waiting for Black Panther to son Thanos and DENY him his destiny though.

lacer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
well this thread has been a fucking rollercoaster huh

City 17

Oct 25, 2017
I turned that dc topic into a full book, btw. I wrote it over the span of like 2 years on and off. Its still being finalized, with some big dc scene coders doing a peer review for me to make sure everything is right. Then i plan on putting it out as a free ebook, or something people can buy in physical form from lulu.com
Looking forward to it.

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
Why is the submission process for Steam demos so totally broken? It happens all the time that a game shows up on https://store.steampowered.com/freestuff/demos/ without actually having a download button on the page, and even more often that a game does have a Download Demo button that doesn't actually work.

anyway, AER: Memories of Old is really good. I needed to play a relaxing, non-violent game last night for personal reasons, and it fit the bill nicely. Didn't finish it yet but I'll get to that tonight.

Deleted member 3038

Oct 25, 2017
I was just pointing out somewhere that that user may prefer to the apparently garbage moderation here.
It's ok, there's places for you too!

tumblr_n54clyUVdI1qedb29o1_400.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.