• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
Day10_SoulOfVitruvius.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/SteamAwards/

Choices Matter:
The Witcher 3

Mom's Spaghetti:
PUBG

Labor of Love:
Warframe

Suspension of disbelief:
Rocket League:

The world is grim enough let's just all get along:
Stardew Valley

No Apologies:
The Witcher 1

Defies Description:
Garry's Mod

Cry Havoc and let slip the dogs of war:
Just Cause 3

Haunts my dreams:
CSGO

Soul of Vitrivius:
Rise of Tomb Raider

Whoa Dude 2.0:
The Evil Within 2

Best Soundtrack:
Cuphead

Even better than expected:
Cuphead

Nier was robbed for the Vitrivius award

Arkeband

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
As much as I don't care about honoring 2B's butt, I do wonder who would throw a vote of anything at one of these lame new Tomb Raider reboot games.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Sonic Mania was ROBBED of "Even better than expected" !!!

Cuphead was awesome and nobody expected to be that good ... but it didn't had the baggage of a SONIC GAME

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
I thought Mom's Spaghetti was referring to buggiest game until I read the description.

But seriously how did Bayonetta and Nier lose to Tomb Raider 2?

Oct 25, 2017
IMO Original Sin 2 deserved Choices Matter award way more than Witcher 3.

okay

Oct 25, 2017
same, and I'm a PC gamer
If you click the link there is a paragraph explaining what every award is for

The one Tomb Raider won was for "..the game with the most lovingly rendered character… be it human, alien, anthropomorphic cat people, or even a piece of produce."

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The recency bias on Cuphead is strong. Can't believe Undertale didn't win best soundtrack, and don't understand how it won "Even better than I expected". That's like a bad award to win. That means a majority of the people who ended up liking it went in with low expectations, or don't understand what the award means, because I'm pretty sure I saw nothing but hype for the game every time a new trailer or gameplay footage came out. Pretty sure Assassin's Creed Origins should have won that, but PC gamers are blinded by optimization.

Can't argue with those choices.

In fact they were far better than most mainstream media GOTY choices.
Most of the games on that list didn't come out this year. These aren't GOTY awards.

Nov 1, 2017
These awards were lame, and I'm disappointed Nier and Hollow Knight didn't win a lame (Steam) award. Nier should've handily won best soundtrack.

Derrick01

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Spoiler: The most popular game in each category won just about. The only exception I can really see is cuphead beating cod and AC on the last one.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Just Cause 3 is the only one that really makes me scratch my head. I've always thought of these awards like popularity contests, otherwise.

And Valve really needs better awards names. They're gibberish without the descriptions translating them into something barely-coherent.

Ultimadrago

Oct 25, 2017
Witcher 3 for Choices Matter, Witcher 1 for No Apologies, Stardew Valley for World is Grim enough, Cuphead for Soundtrack (Though Nier is a strong contender for debate) and Even Better than Expected?

These results turned out pretty good.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Spoiler: The most popular game in each category won just about. The only exception I can really see is cuphead beating cod and AC on the last one.
Cuphead's a bigger PC game than CoD and Assassin's Creed.

Cuphead Sales: 1,280,991 - 1,350,333
CoD Sales: 803,638 - 858,780
Assassin's Creed Sales: 543,118 - 588,628

Alexandros

Oct 26, 2017
I'm very happy that the first Witcher game won an award. It is different from its sequels but it too is an excellent game.

Danzflor

Oct 27, 2017
I still don't get why this still allows every game on the platform, should be only the ones released this year. Nier and DDLC got robbed there.

Danim

Oct 26, 2017
Glad to see TEW2 winning an award somewhere at least!

As others have said, Nier was robbed in the soundtrack category ( and I didn't even like the game that much).

No apologies winner is so random.

Sev

Oct 27, 2017
These awards were lame, and I'm disappointed Nier and Hollow Knight didn't win a lame (Steam) award. Nier should've handily won best soundtrack.

Agreed 100%. Hollow Knight was my GOTY, and the lack of attention it got in all kinds of awards makes me sad.

TW3 winning yet again was a little disappointing too.

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
Those are all pretty solid picks. These awards would make more sense if it was just games released in the current year, and with public voting it's always going to a be a popularity contest, but still I can't really argue too much with these winners.

Wolf

Oct 25, 2017
How the hell did Nier lose to Cuphead for best soundtrack?

That is....mind blowing.

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
Seeing Witcher 1 win made me happier than seeing Witcher 3 win, even though W3 is my all time favorite game. I personally voted for Divinity OS 2 in that category, even though I haven't played it I already know that it offers much more in the choice and consequence department. Overall decent voting result.