• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MRORANGE

Nice thread btw :)
Oct 25, 2017
UK
vRwtiNS.png

PC Gaming Threads
Steam ID List
Steam Trading Thread

cR0CKTx.png

Tokyo Xanadu eX+
- Mivey

A new Falcom game hitting Steam next month, concluding the Year of Falcom. This time a new entry in the venerable Xanadu series, dating back to the 1980s. The last game, Xandu Next, came out originally in 2005. In this new take on this old series, we find ourselves in modern day Japan, Tokyo. From the looks of things, Tokyo Xanadu seems to take some elements from the recent Trails of Cold Steel games. There are opportunities to roam the school and talk with NPCs, in between dungeon crawls. The gameplay is clearly an action RPG, though not as focused on combat as the Ys series. So something inbetween Trails and Ys, if you will.

"Tokyo Xanadu eX+; a massive action RPG from the masters of the genre, Nihon Falcom! When high school student Kou Tokisaka encounters the nightmare realm known as the Eclipse, his world is forever changed.
In this definitive version of Tokyo Xanadu, experience the game in 60 FPS along with new scenarios, new playable characters, new modes and more!".

Okami HD - Tizoc
Okami is an action adventure get inspired by Japanese Mythologies and Lore. Players control Amaterasu, the sun goddess that inhabits a white wolf as she sets to save the lands from the evils and corruption that are destroying it. The game is presented in a colorful and vibrant setting, and utilizes a game mechanic where lines are drawn on screen to solve some puzzles and battle enemies, which is inspired by Japanese calligraphy.

cCucx5u.png

Resident Evil 7: Gold Edition - Jawmuncher
Return to the mansion and uncover the secrets left buried with the two n
ew DLCs "Not a Hero" and "End of Zoe". If you haven't played RE7 yet. This is a great time to do so. All of the DLC is included in the gold edition for $50. Allowing you to get the entire experience all in one package. Survival horror returns while still offering something for acton fans as well.

Odysseus Kosmos and his Robot Quest: Episode One
- Aaron D.
Sci-fi comedy quest in a classic adventure game. A nearby dark hole threatens with sending your ship adrift to deep space and only you, lazy ship engineer Odysseus Kosmos, and your service robot Barton Quest, can stop it!

Zwei: The Ilvard Insurrection - Erheller
First released in 2008 by Falcom (the developers of the Ys and Trails series), Zwei: The Ilvard Insurrection (or Zwei II) is a lighthearted action RPG that stars the treasure hunter Ragna and the haughty vampire princess Alwen. You can switch between the protagonists at any point in the game with the hit of a button, allowing you to create intricate juggle combos and use each character's skills to their full extent. Eating food heals your characters and also serves as the only way to gain experience. You can try to level up quickly by eating all the food you can get, or you can live dangerously and heal (and level up) only when your health runs low. It's a unique system that lets you dictate the pace of the game.
Zwei II is a fun romp with a lot of endearing quirks. The world is filled with memorable NPC's, from the chain-smoking nun, to the feline mage (don't call her a cat), to that weird girl in the giant penguin costume. There are also some wacky game mechanics, like the widget that increases your combo meter when you solve math problems mid-dungeon. You'll visit a wide range of places, from the air-trade town of Artte, to the giant horticulture farms in Roalta Village, to Alwen's former haunt, the spooky Castle Moonbria. If you want a fresh adventure that's not bogged down by stale genre conventions (or shoehorned-in lootboxes), give this game a shot!

Star Ocean: The Last Hope - texhnolyze
The Last Hope is the fourth installment and the first ever Star Ocean franchise on PC platform. It is somewhat the prequel of the first three games so it makes sense that this comes first to PC. Star Ocean is known for its party-based action combat system and its sci-fi alien civilizations exploration. In this game, you play as Edge Maverick, a stereotypical JRPG hero, who surprisingly has a female childhood friend as well. As Edge, you will have your own spaceship and begin your voyage in search of a new haven for humanity. Lastly, a note from Limley: "Please buy this game if you want to see the other Tri-Ace games on Steam, 'kay?"

CZmwtvf.png

The game of the month will focus on a game that a person from the community has chosen, the aim? try and complete this game before the month ends!
Completionists will be listed here, (Send me a PM if you have completed the game.)

hCkF3Uv.png

Chime - MRORANGE
Chime is a musical puzzle game that focuses on players making blocks on a square grid and trying to get the highest score count before the time runs out. It's a great puzzle game that focuses on combos and the score modes allow for replay ability. What I like about the game is being able to have the soundtrack dynamically update depending on how many combos you can pull off which changes the dynamics of the song being played. I challenge SteamERA to complete all the levels in this games, there is only 5 but it's worth a play.

SteamERA GOTM November Champions (PLEASE SEND ME A PM IF COMPLETED! ):

Tenrius
Ronik
Exzyleph
Dakath
Nabs
MRORANGE
Blizniak
Sch1sm
dude
titch
Erheller
Panda Pedinte
mtlspider
Rockin' Ranger
Suitengu
Deques
Revolver_Ocelot
KenOD
Amzin
Arminsc
Ascheroth

JO5lT6X.png

• Do not solicit/trade/sell/beg for games in this thread. The discussion of splitting retail packs is fine though.
    • Do not spam post your steam stats/games count or post damage lists from sales.
    • Don't hype pre-order bundles that you have no idea about.Just buy them!
Xq90JiF.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
MRORANGE

MRORANGE

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Give a shout if I've missed anyone out on recommendations.

Yes.... Chime is the game of the month again.

ramoisdead

Oct 25, 2017
Last Steam thread of the year and we're ending it with a Falcom game. Oh and Okami too.

I think December's GOTM should be Superflight since you can get it in a bundle currently over at Indiegala.

Deleted member 3888

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
it's gonna be star ocean month for me, i'll pick up okami sometime just to not play it yet

with that said, i got a lot of work to catch up to but i should have time over the weekend

Oct 25, 2017

Okami HD - Tizoc
Wah-wah-wah-WAH-wah-WAH-wah-Wah-wah-wah-WAH-wah-WAH-wah-Wah-wah-wah-WAH-wah-WAH-wah-Wah-wah-wah-WAH-wah-WAH-wah-Wah-wah-wah-WAH-wah-WAH-wah-Wah-wah-wah-WAH-wah-WAH-wah-Wah-wah-wah-WAH-wah-WAH-wah-Wah-wah-wah-WAH-wah-WAH-wah-Wah-wah-wah-WAH-wah-WAH-wah-Wah-wah-wah-WAH-wah-WAH-wah-Wah-wah-wah-WAH-wah-WAH-wah-Wah-wah-wah-WAH-wah-WAH-wah-Wah-wah-wah-WAH-wah-WAH-wah-Wah-wah-wah-WAH-wah-WAH-wah-Wah-wah-wah-WAH-wah-WAH-wah-Wah-wah-wah-WAH-wah-WAH-wah-Wah-wah-wah-WAH-wah-WAH-wah-Wah-wah-wah-WAH-wah-WAH-wah-Wah-wah-wah-WAH-wah-WAH-wah-Wah-wah-wah-WAH-wah-WAH-wah-Wah-wah-wah-WAH-wah-WAH-wah-Wah-wah-wah-WAH-wah-WAH-wah-Wah-wah-wah-WAH-wah-WAH-wah-Wah-wah-wah-WAH-wah-WAH-wah-Wah-wah-wah-WAH-wah-WAH-wah-Wah-wah-wah-WAH-wah-WAH-wah-WAH.

Fixed for accuracy.

Tokyo Xanadu eX+
- Mivey

A new Falcom game hitting Steam next month, concluding the Year of Falcom. This time a new entry in the venerable Xanadu series, dating back to the 1980s. The last game, Xandu Next, came out originally in 2005. In this new take on this old series, we find ourselves in modern day Japan, Tokyo. From the looks of things, Tokyo Xanadu seems to take some elements from the recent Trails of Cold Steel games. There are opportunities to roam the school and talk with NPCs, in between dungeon crawls. The gameplay is clearly an action RPG, though not as focused on combat as the Ys series. So something inbetween Trails and Ys, if you will.

"Tokyo Xanadu eX+; a massive action RPG from the masters of the genre, Nihon Falcom! When high school student Kou Tokisaka encounters the nightmare realm known as the Eclipse, his world is forever changed.
In this definitive version of Tokyo Xanadu, experience the game in 60 FPS along with new scenarios, new playable characters, new modes and more!".

I'd say it's more Persona 4 meets Dark Cloud or something along those lines.

why is Jawmuncher writting about a game he hates?
Shilling for Capcom so they give him some Dino Crisis love someday, I'd wager.

OP
OP
MRORANGE

MRORANGE

Oct 25, 2017
UK
sHxnM65.png

The SteamERA Community was founded on Discord on October 2017, a stranded bunch of SteamGAF who united together and embraced on what we thought was the end of times. However as more people joined we found hope and soon started to formulate and plan for the future. This thread would not be possible without the community we have on Discord and I encourage all of you to join if you have not.

You can join this amazing community on Discord with this link:

https://discord.gg/QP29sCr

Oct 25, 2017
That's nothing, i saw someone on GameFAQs write a detailed walkthrough in the FAQs section then write a negative review for the game.

That might make some sense... more than Jawmuncher at least.
Write a walkthrough for a game you think you'll like, might as well finish it, even if you end up not liking the game.
Y'know, instead of just placating the forces that be in hopes that they'll throw you a bone. :D

Just a heads up doing the Steam Christmas Sale thread btw
I believe it's technically the Winter Sale.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
why is Jawmuncher writting about a game he hates?

Because I'm in an abusive relationship with capcom.

That might make some sense... more than Jawmuncher at least.
Write a walkthrough for a game you think you'll like, might as well finish it, even if you end up not liking the game.
Y'know, instead of just placating the forces that be in hopes that they'll throw you a bone. :D

I believe it's technically the Winter Sale.

Technically it's the Happy Holidays Sale

zkylon

Oct 25, 2017
for a moment i thought xenosaga was gonna be one steam when i saw that star ocean picture

anyways, people that know me... should i buy cuphead? will i like it?

Oct 25, 2017
Because I'm in an abusive relationship with capcom.

Technically it's the Happy Holidays Sale

Quiet you.
giphy.gif

The point was, whatever it is, it's during the Winter and not the Christmas Sale. :p

for a moment i thought xenosaga was gonna be one steam when i saw that star ocean picture

anyways, people that know me... should i buy cuphead? will i like it?

Everyone should buy Cuphead. It's fan-fucking-tastic and Teeth can quote me on that.

"Everyone should buy Cuphead. It's fan-fucking-tastic." - corrosivefrost

As to whether you'd like it or not, I never see you talk about run and gun platformers or praise tough but fair difficulty of "challenging" games... but if you do those things and I've missed them, then yes. Otherwise, no. But you should buy a copy and gift it to someone to support the ridiculous accomplishment the game is.

pantsattack

Oct 25, 2017
No new game of the month? Is it too late? I don't want to play chime.

I'll choose one if you want.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Saints Row 4 is fun. Though I'm playing it on GOG because when I got the game via GOG Connect, they gave me all the dlc over there. So, might as well.

You can tell it was going to be a smaller budget title whose ambitious got much larger in the latter stages of development to justify the full number in the title. Still a good time.

impact

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Tampa
In for Okami once someone makes a mod that deletes all dialogue from the game.

No way I'm mashing X for 30 minutes again.

Deleted member 15476

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I was hoping I could debut the December thread with a new acquisition, but it will have to wait a day. Nevertheless, yay for new thread.

Teppic

Oct 25, 2017
Do you actually need CompactGUI? Can't you just right click on a folder and choose compress?

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
What don't you get? Have you not played Okami?

Not sure if that's the same as the command that compactGUI uses underneath, but it could be. CompactGUI just gives you a nice interface for doing so with access to a bunch of options.
I figured it was the okami voices in the game after a bit; i was posting after being awake for about 5 minutes xp

Teppic

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure if that's the same as the command that compactGUI uses underneath, but it could be. CompactGUI just gives you a nice interface for doing so with access to a bunch of options.
I just read that Windows uses XPRESS4K by default which is the weakest compression, while CompactGUI uses XPRESS8K which compress it more.

Compact uses a different type of compression.
You don't need the GUI though, you can also run the below command from the game folder
Code:
compact /C /S /EXE:XPRESS16K
Thanks. I'll might try to do it manually.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
peeps keep complaining about the voices, or...well, "voices" in Okami. That bad huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.