• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Derrick01

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's going up to 19.99USD, which is amplified for me because of how fucked CAD pricing is. I usually avoid EA games too but I figured this was a case where it might be worth making an exception.

And it sounds like it'll be in EA for a while still, they're calling this the end of "(early) Early Access".

Hmm think I'll wait to get it then if it's that far off. I'm sure it'll probably get another sale of some kind before it leaves early access. I've spent more than enough on this sale and need to stop myself lol

Parsnip

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
2018.png

Can't shake off the feeling of cheap bragging here, but if this ^ isn't a milestone, I don't know what is. A moment ago I finished my 1000th perfect steam game (all achievements unlocked, no demos, no macros, no autoclickers, no SAM, no second hand saves, not skipping visual novels, hardly playing something on easiest difficulty *shaking fist at tower defense games* and of course always trying to "beat" the whole game as well, even after all (spam) achievements are done). Its certainly been interesting 5 years on steam for me. I'm sure most of you will shake head at my efforts, at times I'm shaking it too, but the perfectionist soul needs to be fed. I just wondered if there's anyone here also, for lack of a better word, handicaped as me. Shoot me a message or something. Would like to add you on steam.

In any case, I don't post here as much as I wish. Hope this explains it at least a little - I'm kinda busy out there grinding all the pointless little pictures.
But I always find the time to read through at least half of this mess and wanted to thank you for it. Thanks for all the impressions, suggestions, deals, advices and simply for keeping me company.

Happy new year! Lets survive the next one as well!
If this was me, that 99% would be killing me.

ThirtyFour

Oct 25, 2017
It shares the same beautiful art and soundtrack but that's basically it. Pyre is a visual novel with some basketball games in between text. Great game.

it has a similar style of world and visual/sound design, but gameplay wise they're really different

not sure if it'll grab you if the other two didn't, this one has more reading and less "playing"

That sounds good, I did like the worlds in both of those games, especially Transistor.

Deleted member 3856

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
2018.png

Can't shake off the feeling of cheap bragging here, but if this ^ isn't a milestone, I don't know what is. A moment ago I finished my 1000th perfect steam game (all achievements unlocked, no demos, no macros, no autoclickers, no SAM, no second hand saves, not skipping visual novels, hardly playing something on easiest difficulty *shaking fist at tower defense games* and of course always trying to "beat" the whole game as well, even after all (spam) achievements are done). Its certainly been interesting 5 years on steam for me. I'm sure most of you will shake head at my efforts, at times I'm shaking it too, but the perfectionist soul needs to be fed. I just wondered if there's anyone here also, for lack of a better word, handicaped as me. Shoot me a message or something. Would like to add you on steam.

In any case, I don't post here as much as I wish. Hope this explains it at least a little - I'm kinda busy out there grinding all the pointless little pictures.
But I always find the time to read through at least half of this mess and wanted to thank you for it. Thanks for all the impressions, suggestions, deals, advices and simply for keeping me company.

Holy shit, and I was happy about hitting 100 not long ago. That's insane, although I find the avg completion rate far more impressive. I have too many games that would basically be impossible to complete because of dead multiplayer or just insanely hard achievements I'm not going to even dream of attempting.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
This game wound up being a little longer and I played it over 2 days, but I figured I would post it anyway. CAYNE is a free game. http://store.steampowered.com/app/532840/CAYNE/
header.jpg

Time to complete: 4.5 hours
What is it: A free prequel to Stasis. Very similar point and click gameplay, but with some more elaborate puzzles and more combining of inventory. This also greatly expands the lore of the Stasis universe, making it a lot creepier and weird. You play as a twenty-something pregnant woman, running around some sort of facility. The character is topless except for some apparatus covering her boobs. There is a lot of viscera and a lot of really creepy things described in text logs. Every other character in the game besides the protagonist is pretty much a human stain. The main character's voice actress is quite likable though and introduces some levity into this hellscape. Puzzles were good except for one particularly rough one that required a guide reference, which always seems to happen to me.
Verdict: For a free point and click, this is pretty good, if you don't mind the gruesome subject matter.

One game left, what will it be!?

SC4LDER

Oct 25, 2017
If this was me, that 99% would be killing me.

Used to bother me but there are few games with broken achievements now with about zero % chance of ever being fixed (The removed Zonitron games for example, that added hundreds of achievements and then were shut down by valve before the patched version was released. Now there's these ghost achievements that can't even be deleted because noone even has access to the api's). Can't do anything about these. But on the bright side, it kind of takes some pressure off. It would be too comfortable to sit on 100% and fear whether i should start some hard as nails one which I may never be able to finish and pull my hair out because of it. Also there's teeny tiny chance that given enough perfect games finished, it could actualy round up the decimals to even hundred at some point. Well, at least that's what i keep wishing for. If anyone has contradictory proof, please keep it to yourself :)

Parsnip

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
Used to bother me but there are few games with broken achievements now with about zero % chance of ever being fixed (The removed Zonitron games for example, that added hundreds of achievements and then were shut down by valve before the patched version was released. Now there's these ghost achievements that can't even be deleted because noone even has access to the api's). Can't do anything about these. But on the bright side, it kind of takes some pressure off. It would be too comfortable to sit on 100% and fear whether i should start some hard as nails one which I may never be able to finish and pull my hair out because of it. Also there's teeny tiny chance that given enough perfect games finished, it could actualy round up the decimals to even hundred at some point. Well, at least that's what i keep wishing for. If anyone has contradictory proof, please keep it to yourself :)
I'm just happy sitting above 50% myself.

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
Happy new year everyone.

I come to bury 2017, not to praise it.
The evil that years do lives after them,
The good is oft interred with their bones,

TheLetdown

Oct 25, 2017
You know what's rad?

Selling cards on the mobile app.

Know what's super rad?

Having to confirm them on the same app you just listed the fucking card on.

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
You know what's rad?

Selling cards on the mobile app.

Know what's super rad?

Having to confirm them on the same app you just listed the fucking card on.
You what's even more rad? When you use Steam Inventory Helper to sell hundreds of cards, and your phone keeps making that same noise for half an hour, to list all conformations.

Deleted member 1781

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
2018.png

Can't shake off the feeling of cheap bragging here, but if this ^ isn't a milestone, I don't know what is. A moment ago I finished my 1000th perfect steam game (all achievements unlocked, no demos, no macros, no autoclickers, no SAM, no second hand saves, not skipping visual novels, hardly playing something on easiest difficulty *shaking fist at tower defense games* and of course always trying to "beat" the whole game as well, even after all (spam) achievements are done). Its certainly been interesting 5 years on steam for me. I'm sure most of you will shake head at my efforts, at times I'm shaking it too, but the perfectionist soul needs to be fed. I just wondered if there's anyone here also, for lack of a better word, similarily handicapped as me. Shoot me a message or something. Would like to add you on steam.

Wow that's really impressive

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Happy New year

I have failed all my gaming resolutions for 2017.

I wanted to get good at a fighting game (Marvel) and I gave up after 2 weeks like every fighter.

I did not play a VN as I said I would.

I did not play a 4X game as I said I would.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
And my 52nd completed game of the year is...

Fatty Bear's Birthday Surprise ($2.79 in the winter sale) http://store.steampowered.com/app/317030/Fatty_Bears_Birthday_Surprise/
header.jpg

Time to complete: .5 hours
What is it: FATTY BEAR IN THE HOOOOOOOOOUSEEEE. Bake a cake, bowl in the yard, wash a puppy, make lots of noise in the adult bedroom yet not manage to wake them up. This is a point and click adventure game with minigames.
Verdict: I feel ashamed.

lololol I didn't realize the deadline was 2pm eastern.

Last edited:

Kilbane65

Oct 27, 2017
Happy New Year Steam fellas.
Today my queue showed a game that had both 'casual' and 'difficult' as tags. I think maybe it's a sign of things to come, a dark omen.

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
This game wound up being a little longer and I played it over 2 days, but I figured I would post it anyway. CAYNE is a free game. http://store.steampowered.com/app/532840/CAYNE/
header.jpg

Time to complete: 4.5 hours
What is it: A free prequel to Stasis. Very similar point and click gameplay, but with some more elaborate puzzles and more combining of inventory. This also greatly expands the lore of the Stasis universe, making it a lot creepier and weird. You play as a twenty-something pregnant woman, running around some sort of facility. The character is topless except for some apparatus covering her boobs. There is a lot of viscera and a lot of really creepy things described in text logs. Every other character in the game besides the protagonist is pretty much a human stain. The main character's voice actress is quite likable though and introduces some levity into this hellscape. Puzzles were good except for one particularly rough one that required a guide reference, which always seems to happen to me.
Verdict: For a free point and click, this is pretty good, if you don't mind the gruesome subject matter.

One game left, what will it be!?

Sold.

Rickenslacker

Oct 25, 2017
Happy new year y'all.

2018.png

Can't shake off the feeling of cheap bragging here, but if this ^ isn't a milestone, I don't know what is. A moment ago I finished my 1000th perfect steam game (all achievements unlocked, no demos, no macros, no autoclickers, no SAM, no second hand saves, not skipping visual novels, hardly playing something on easiest difficulty *shaking fist at tower defense games* and of course always trying to "beat" the whole game as well, even after all (spam) achievements are done). Its certainly been interesting 5 years on steam for me. I'm sure most of you will shake head at my efforts, at times I'm shaking it too, but the perfectionist soul needs to be fed. I just wondered if there's anyone here also, for lack of a better word, similarily handicapped as me. Shoot me a message or something. Would like to add you on steam.

Congratulations on -- wait, I first read that as 100 games in my just-out-of-bed stupor but... 1000?! My goodness so you're the person that actually plays their Steam games. That is some serious passion, I got burned out of achievement perfectionism pretty quickly, it's gotta be quite the commitment starting up some games.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
The winter seal ends jan 4th
The new monthly goes up on the 5th

I need to see the damned humble einter sale already

Derrick01

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So basically...people play bad games.

They also watch bad movies if you look at the weekly box office threads on here.

Whenever you group millions together on anything the consensus is going to lead to something really safe, boring and predictable. Quality rarely stands out among the heaps of garbage.

Status
Not open for further replies.