• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonfires Down

Nov 2, 2017
I'm now at the point where I have way more than a thousand games on my wishlist, and I am thinking there's no way I'll get around to that many anyway. So I'm contemplating cutting a bunch of games I'm not really that interested in and only wishlist games that I really want to play.

Have anyone else here gone through the process of trimming such a huge wishlist?
It would be nice to be able to set a priority number when I add something to the wishlist. Though I do realize that I'm in a tiny minority of users that need this feature.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
LOL at that guy who commented "keep mobile trash where it belongs."

Anyway, reading that thread I saw someone has an avatar that says PC Prey had controller support removed? Is this true or is it just a bug with 360 controllers specifically? I played it with an Xbox one controller but surely before that patch came out.

Deleted member 14377

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Neir shouldn't win just because it's a terrible port. It's great due to the fan support it's got, love the game. Divinity is just on a completely different level, honestly.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of Prey it is a much better game than AC and Destiny 2, so is it getting dinged for technical issues? And I'm surprised they didn't put up Cuphead or Hollow Knight.

Nabs

Oct 26, 2017
LOL at that guy who commented "keep mobile trash where it belongs."

Anyway, reading that thread I saw someone has an avatar that says PC Prey had controller support removed? Is this true or is it just a bug with 360 controllers specifically? I played it with an Xbox one controller but surely before that patch came out.
I think the game removed the xinput driver they launched with, and now defaults to Steam's controller support. I don't think you have to enable anything, it just automatically sees your controller. So they didn't remove controller support, they just replaced the solution they had with something else.

Rickenslacker

Oct 25, 2017
Killer Instinct says hi
Killer Instinct is a 2D game. Polygonal yes, but when I refer to 3D fighting I mean having side movement.

What about Tekken 7?
I bought it, I played it, but I've never really been into Tekken and 7 hasn't changed my mind. I just don't find it very interesting.

ImmersiveSimEra (!) I want to play original Deus Ex for the first time. Should I get Revision or not?
I would say no. If you want a more faithful revision mod GMDX is the one to go with. Playing for the first time however, I'd personally recommend you play it straight vanilla (it is a classic for a reason!), but you should grab the Deus Exe launcher solely as something that helps alleviate some of the pains the game has on modern systems.

Last edited:

BlueOdin

Oct 26, 2017
Can I use the dongle that came with the Steam controller to connect my DS4 with my PC?

Oh, and if curation was so great, how did Sonic Forces end up on eShop, PSN and XBL anyway?

Deleted member 1849

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If people are okay with the tallying taking a little while (maybe submissions in January, I give the results in February sometime), I could probably compile the results in a spreadsheet.

Launchpad

Oct 26, 2017
I have to wonder if outlets putting Destiny 2 on their lists actually played all of the content in that game. Because it turns to total dogshit in the end game.

Derrick01

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

tfw a PC site picks destiny 2 and leaves out Prey, one of the most PC oriented games to release this decade.

More PUBG...I still don't get it.

Me either man. It looks like another game where you play deathmatch except no respawns. It couldn't be any less appealing if it tried *shrug*

TheLetdown

Oct 25, 2017
tfw a PC site picks destiny 2 and leaves out Prey, one of the most PC oriented games to release this decade.

Me either man. It looks like another game where you play deathmatch except no respawns. It couldn't be any less appealing if it tried *shrug*

Insult to injury: Destiny had a delayed launch on PC, causing it to feel a little dead in the water despite being a massive upgrade from console versions.

For better or worse, Twitch is a driving force in gaming. That delay caused a lot of "variety streamers" to skip the game, since Twitch popularity is super streaky and favors the shiny and the new.

timmbp

Oct 25, 2017

888.jpg

Only played:
  • Hollow Knight
  • Unexplored

Rickenslacker

Oct 25, 2017
That's... a good point. I mean I'm enjoying Destiny 2 despite the amount of bungling Bungie's been doing with it, and I have the benefit of having never played Destiny 1 so a lot of this stuff is fresh, but it is actual insanity having a game like that on a list but not Prey considering what Prey achieves and how cynical Destiny 2 comes off.

The thing I enjoy about Destiny 2 is that it's a pretty game with nice shooting that I can play with friends and have my mind completely shut off for it. The characters are trash, the writing is garbage, all the dialogue and cutscenes are completely ignorable, but hey, it facilitates co-op play wonderfully. Prey on the other hand is the best Immersive Sim I've played since the original Deus Ex. What the h*ck PC Gamer.

Mr. Tibbs

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know why anyone's surprised PC Gamer didn't include Prey on their list, since they didn't exactly give it a glowing review. Despite not reviewing the game and being a huge fan of the Dishonored series (Dishonored 2 was PCG's GOTY for 2016), another staffer, Andy Kelly, found Prey's worldbuilding artificial, and gave up on the game after multiple attempts.

http://www.pcgamer.com/prey-review/
https://twitter.com/ultrabrilliant/status/861926909416005633
https://twitter.com/ultrabrilliant/status/861231648381206529

The only game I'm surprised that didn't make the list is Hollow Knight, which received an amazing response from the site, but then I noticed the person who reviewed the game left the outlet for IGN earlier this year, so I guess I can understand why it was overlooked.

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
They ripped out xinput and went full in on the Steam Controller API, which now supports more controllers than xinput ever did anyway. So good idea in principle, right? Nope. Their implementation of camera controls for analog sticks is incredibad now with old controllers (meaning, not the Steam Controller). Luckily there is a mod that restores old xinput support, and even supports the DS4. So just use that, if you want to play with controllers. I ended up playing mostly with KBM.

Classical publications don't really target people like you and me anymore. I have stopped looking at reviews, and their other output as being directed at me. Now, I don't know who they are targeting, that's a mystery right there. I shifted to looking more for word-of-mouth. If someone describes the kind of things I would look for in a game, I check it out in detail. Works quite well for me so far.

Bede-x

Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone here played the Turok remaster? I just started playing it and was wondering if they forgot to include the run button when using a controller (Xbox 360 in my case)? In the original N64 version the D-pad was used to switch between run and walk, unless you were on the map screen where it moved that instead. The last function is still on the D-pad, but run seems to be missing.

At level 3 right now which has a section where you have to stand on a plate to lower a wooden door, which you then have to run through before it closes. On N64 this is quite easy, since you just run through it, but without the run function... Yeah, it just got a little more difficult.

WBacon

Capcom USA
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
California
WBacon I assume the DMC collection on Steam will still run at 60fps, right? If it's uncapped that would be awesome though. Also I know you can't say anything but we all want DMCV.

Just tossing it out there :)

Yes, 60fps on all three games. I don't believe they're uncapped though. These are all old legacy titles which originally came out wayyyy before MT Framework came into play. The engine and game code/logic is likely tied to the video refresh cycle. The game will support resolutions 4K and beyond though.

Hey mr Bacon sir, about the Dota 2 courier Okami HD pre-order bonus, that bonus comes with copies pre-ordered outside of Steam too, right? I assume so, but just wanted to make sure since I pre-ordered mine from gamesplanet before this Ammy courier was a known thing.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news :-( The Amaterasu DOTA2 courier will only be included if purchase directly on Valve's Store. We're using their game to promote Okami HD, so it makes sense that Valve themselves reap the benefit from their IP usage. (As you may be aware, Steam keys sold outside of Valve store doesn't generate revenue for them)

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Yes, 60fps on all three games. I don't believe they're uncapped though. These are all old legacy titles which originally came out wayyyy before MT Framework came into play. The engine and game code/logic is likely tied to the video refresh cycle. The game will support resolutions 4K and beyond though.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news :-( The Amaterasu DOTA2 courier will only be included if purchase directly on Valve's Store. We're using their game to promote Okami HD, so it makes sense that Valve themselves reap the benefit from their IP usage. (As you may be aware, Steam keys sold outside of Valve store doesn't generate revenue for them)

what if its a gift bought in the steam store?

Wok

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
France

Thanks. It was to be expected.

OniluapL

Oct 25, 2017
The real PC GOTY that people will ignore is Danganronpa v3, and I don't accept any arguments saying otherwise.

cyba89

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm happy Edith Finch ends up being on quite a few GOTY lists.
Felt like it was a very overlooked release earlier this year.

WBacon

Capcom USA
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
California
what if its a gift bought in the steam store?

Short answer is yes, giftable copies purchased on Steam Store should include the DOTA2 content.

The DOTA2 content is simply tied to Steam Packages sold on Steam store, so there's no distinction between purchases intended for yourself or the be gifted away.

This will be a limited time offer, btw. I believe the bonus offer will expire couple of weeks after the game launches. Details will be forthcoming soon.

Lastly, the DOTA2 content will be tradable/sellable on Steam Marketplace after the game launches.

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
Short answer is yes, giftable copies purchased on Steam Store should include the DOTA2 content.

The DOTA2 content is simply tied to Steam Packages sold on Steam store, so there's no distinction between purchases intended for yourself or the be gifted away.

This will be a limited time offer, btw. I believe the bonus offer will expire couple of weeks after the game launches. Details will be forthcoming soon.

Lastly, the DOTA2 content will be tradable/sellable on Steam Marketplace after the game launches.

I look forward to buying God Hand and Viewtiful Joe on Steam with the money I make from that Okami courier Wbacon. :P

It's an old one, just new to Steam.

Yeah, it does have the CROSS expansion and updated netcode with rollback now though. Oh and it's translated now obviously.

Derrick01

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know why anyone's surprised PC Gamer didn't include Prey on their list, since they didn't exactly give it a glowing review. Despite not reviewing the game and being a huge fan of the Dishonored series (Dishonored 2 was PCG's GOTY for 2016), another staffer, Andy Kelly, found Prey's worldbuilding artificial, and gave up on the game after multiple attempts.

http://www.pcgamer.com/prey-review/
https://twitter.com/ultrabrilliant/status/861926909416005633
https://twitter.com/ultrabrilliant/status/861231648381206529

The only game I'm surprised that didn't make the list is Hollow Knight, which received an amazing response from the site, but then I noticed the person who reviewed the game left the outlet for IGN earlier this year, so I guess I can understand why it was overlooked.

I guess that makes sense then but it still feels wrong to me. Like if anyone would appreciate what Prey did or tried to do it'd be PC focused places. I'm not even asking for a win here just a nomination lol

Classical publications don't really target people like you and me anymore. I have stopped looking at reviews, and their other output as being directed at me. Now, I don't know who they are targeting, that's a mystery right there. I shifted to looking more for word-of-mouth. If someone describes the kind of things I would look for in a game, I check it out in detail. Works quite well for me so far.

You think they're targeting this younger esports crowd with this destiny pick? I'm having a hard time believing anyone liked D2 given all the backlash against it from the community and yet I keep seeing it nominated for big awards. Makes me wonder where the disconnect is since I don't play that and am not involved in the community.

DeejayDoom

Oct 25, 2017

Can you, please, tell the guy in charge of regional prices for Steam at Capcom that doing this will not really help to get more sales? (This is for Okami, but happens with all your last games):

CJRuNug.png

WBacon

Capcom USA
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
California
More info on the PC version.

The game supports KB/M for in-game traversal. Menu will be KB-driven.

The game also natively supports Steam Controller out of box in addition to Xbox (XInput) and DualShock4 (DInput) controller for those who care.

More importantly, the celestial brush movement can be controlled by mouse, trackball/touchpad, and of course, Steam Controller trackpad! ;-)

Frame rate will be locked to 30fps. We actually experimented with 60fps and uncapped frame mode, but unfortunately it breaks the game logic, collision detection, and anim speed in certain areas of the game. The reality is that it'd take a Hurculean effort, time and cost to manually fix and QA by trial and error since we're working with legacy code from PS3 that was originally intended with 30fps in mind.

Fortunately, the game is not a fast twitch game so a locked 30fps actually works well for the game.

Last edited:

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
More info on the PC version.

The game supports KB/M for in-game traversal. Menu will be KB-driven.

The game also natively supports Steam Controller out of box in addition to Xbox (XInput) and DualShock4 (DInput) controller for those who care.

More importantly, the celestial brush movement can be controlled by mouse, trackball/touchpad, and of course, Steam Controller trackpad! ;-)

Frame rate will be locked to 30fps. We actually experimented with 60fps and uncapped frame mode, but unfortunately it breaks the game logic, collision detection, and anim speed in certain areas of the game. The reality is that it'd take a Hurculean effort, time and cost to manually fix and QA by trial and error since we're working with legacy code from PS3 that was originally intended with 30fps in mind.

Fortunately, the game is not a fast twitch game so a locked 30fps actually works well for the game.

That's cool.
So how about some details on that DMC HD Collection on PC. There oddly isn't even a trailer for that one yet.

Or

Maybe some details on the RE7 dlc? Will it be available at midnight?

Status
Not open for further replies.