• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Will you play Recettear this month?

• Capitalism ho!

Votes: 196 43.7%
  • That's so much! You're being selfish! And mean!

Votes: 58 12.9%
  • Not supporting anime games.

Votes: 195 43.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

MRORANGE

Nice thread btw :)
Oct 25, 2017
UK
zuTL5c4.png

PC Gaming Threads
Steam ID List
Steam Trading Thread

cR0CKTx.png

Stellaris: Apocalypse - Aaron D.
Stellaris: Apocalypse redefines stellar warfare for all players with a host of new offensive and defensive options. Destroy entire worlds with terrifying new planet-killer weapons, fight against (or alongside) ruthless space pirates, and maybe discover a few non-violent game features as well.

Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age - Tizoc
Leading man and dashingly suave sky pirate Balthier and his Vera companion Fran must team up with a small group of tween fashion model rejects as they battle through Ivalice to restore the Kingdom of Dalmasca from its occupation by the Archadian Empire. Featuring the voice talents of John DiMaggio and/or the late Daisuke Gori in a surprise Final Fantasy series guest appearance.

QP5CbUC.png

Dynasty Warriors 9 - QueenOfHunting
Game ia going open world for first time in series. The map will take around 2hours to transverse by a starting horse.

The combat has been overhauled entirely. Charge attacks do not exist in old form. Square/basic attack is now called flow attack and you use r1 while mid flow to change between knockback,stun and launch. You can switch between any off the 3 any time during attacks.

Cyberdimension Neptunia: 4 Goddesses Online - goat
As a simulated MMO, this action RPG has you controlling all 4 CPUs at the same time battling monsters in huge maps. It looks like it will be a nice departure from the typical Neptunia series style of turn based combat.

ANs0N5O.png

Trails of Cold Steel II - Kvik
The second part of the Erebonia arc continues Class Seven's adventure as they tried to gather Thors Academy teachers and students, rekindle a lost friendship following the event at the end of Trails of Cold Steel, whilst re-forging past bonds with classmates alike. Those who find the field studies format in the first game was rather rigid should find a welcome change in this game, as Rean and company travel Erebonia not only to get their passing grades but also heal their fractured country.

Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Kudo & Tomasety

I've been following the development of this game since it was first revealed in 2014 and it looked unreal back then, and it looks as unreal now that it is finally releasing. Explore huge dynamic open world in this story-driven medieval RPG. - Kudo

Kingdom Come: Deliverance is a story-driven, open-world 1st person RPG that immerses you in an epic adventure in the Holy Roman Empire.

Bohemia – located in the heart of Europe, the region is rich in culture, silver, and sprawling castles. The death of its beloved ruler, Emperor Charles IV, has plunged the kingdom into dark times: war, corruption, and discord are tearing this jewel of the Holy Roman Empire apart.
In the midst of this chaos, you're Henry, the son of a blacksmith. Without a home, family, or future fate drags you into this bloody conflict and shoves you into a raging civil war, where you help fight for the future of Bohemia.

It features 30 Main quests of different length, some are longer than others and more than 60 side quests and activities. Some quests have 3-5 different ways to solve them, so be ready to spend hours and hours in the world of Bohemia!
While there is only one ending, it will be up to you how you get there. There also won't be any classes in the game, so you can choose how you would like to approach each mission/quest. Ex. kill everyone, use stealth, bribe, seduce, intimidate or even impress.

The combat in Kingdom Come: Deliverance will be very intense. It uses a physical collision system, which means that the game calculates the amount of damage you do, based on what weapon you are using, what type of armor your opponent is wearing, and how hard you actually hit them!

The developers were mainly mainly influenced by Oblivion, Ishar, Fallout, Darklands, Skyrim, Witcher and Dark Souls. - Tomasety

Sword Art Online: Fatal Bullet - texhnolyze
Fatal Bullet is the newest game from Dimps, the developer of Freedom Wars and DB Xenoverse. It's an action/shooter JRPG set in Gun Gale Online universe of SAO franchise. If you're tired of Kirito, then worry not as you'll be able to create your own character this time. Gameplay loop is more or less similar to loot shooters like Destiny/The Division, where you tackle missions for loots. You can go solo or accompanied with AI party members or other player characters.

CZmwtvf.png

The game of the month will focus on a game that a person from the community has chosen, the aim? try and complete this game before the month ends! (Send me a PM if you have completed the game.)

Recettear
- pantsattack
Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale is a simulation and RPG adventure game developed by Carpe Fulgar. Recette must pay back a debt from a large loan her father took out by running an item shop. She sets the prices of items and haggles with customers. She can also hire out eight adventures to crawl through dungeons to find higher quality items.

Racettear was floated as a GotM at the start of the Great Migration, and checking my friends list of the 92 people who own it almost half haven't even launched it. It's rated Overwhelmingly Positive and a mainline playthrough is about 13 hours. Both incentives to join a playthrough with the community.

Completed:
Endruen
Rickenslacker
ghoulie
Tizoc

JO5lT6X.png

• Do not solicit/trade/sell/beg for games in this thread. The discussion of splitting retail packs is fine though.
  • Do not spam post your steam stats/games count or post damage lists from sales.
  • Don't hype pre-order bundles that you have no idea about.Just buy them!

Xq90JiF.png

• Steam Support - The place to contact steam if you have a problem with the service.
  • Steam Trading Cards - Gain money by selling cards or craft them for cosmetic items.
  • Add funds to your Steam Wallet - You can also buy gift cards at most major gaming retailers.
  • Steam Mobile - Use Steam while away from the PC. Supports iOS and Android.
  • Big Picture Mode - Lets you run Steam on your TV in a more convenient manner.
  • Steam Family Sharing - Share your Steam account with family and friends.
  • Steam Community - A hub of what other steam users have created or are discussing.
  • Steam Workshop - A showcase of Mods for games on Steam.Many are free, but some you now have to pay for.
  • Steam Greenlight - Vote for games that want to be on the Steam store.
  • Steam Stats - Check stats for the top 100 most played games on Steam.
  • So when does the 'Winter/Spring/Summer/Autumn' sale start? The Winter Sale should start December 22nd.This thread will be closed after the sale starts.
  • How can I protect my Steam account? - Read: Account Security Recommendations.
  • Store is in another language?! - You used a link that had ?l=blahblah at the end: http://store.steampowered.com/?l=english.
  • Community is in another language?!- http://steamcommunity.com/?l=english.
  • How do I run Steam in offline mode? - Steam Offline Mode Support Page.
  • Is steam down? I can't see my Profile/Friends/Chat/Cloud Saves - See if Steam is running maintenance.
  • Steam won't start or run? - Refresh your Steam files. If it fails: copy steamapps folder and re-install steam.
  • Is using a VPN to get steam games from another region a good idea? - It can result in getting your account banned.
  • Using a VPN to unlock games early?- Most people can unlock games early so that seems to be fine.
  • How do I buy games outside the Steam Client when there is a sale? - Use Steam Mobile.
  • Can I do remote downloading? - Yes, login into the Steam community webpage and select the game to download.
  • How do I track how many players are playing a game over time? - Usesteamcharts.com.
  • One of my grid icons is missing a picture? - Check out this thread!
  • I want to clean up my Steam folder of re-distributed packages - Use TikiOne-Steam-Cleaner.
  • I am running out of space on my HDD, can I move my games? - Steam now supports multiple libraries and moving game installations between them.
  • How can I get some quick Steam cash or trading cards? - Use Steam Idle Master.
  • Where I can download skins for Steam? - Go to Steam Skins, make sure that the skin is safe to use.
  • Can I trade games? - If they are in your inventory then yes, you cannot trade games you already own.
  • Any other places to trade? - Try: SteamCardExchange / TF2 Outpost / SteamTrades /
  • Sites to compare Steam prices regionally ? - SteamPrices or use Enhanced Steam.
  • How do you find info on upcoming releases and updates? - Steam Database is a great tool.
  • Is there a list of games no longer on Steam? - Check this list.
  • Any extensions to use while using Steam site in a browser? - Enhanced Steam
  • Any way to backup games that don't used Steam Cloud? - Use Game Save Manager.
  • I want to compare prices to to other DD sites? - isthereanydeal.com
  • How do I get rid of trade dues for cards?- Use this useful site.
  • How long will it take me to beat game 'X/Y/Z' ? - Check out How Long To Beat.

sHxnM65.png

The SteamERA Community was founded on Discord on October 2017, a stranded bunch of SteamGAF who united together and embraced on what we thought was the end of times. However as more people joined we found hope and soon started to formulate and plan for the future. This thread would not be possible without the community we have on Discord and I encourage all of you to join if you have not.

You can join this amazing community on Discord with this link:

LINK REMOVED

Last edited:

Mad

Oct 25, 2017
Smells like a new thread, but its got... anime in the title.. Ew

Deleted member 2585

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Guide to February anime

Good anime:
Trails of Cold Steel II
Final Fantasy XII

Bad anime:
Nepnep
Sword Art Online

Nabs

Oct 26, 2017
Happy about Recettear. I've been meaning to actually play it to completion.

OP
OP
MRORANGE

MRORANGE

Nice thread btw :)
Oct 25, 2017
UK
We in gaming side now! We're big time! ... until we're moved.
To be fair the Nintendo monthly eshop thread is on gaming side every month and never gets moved, not sure why. Would really like a response from mods why one DD thread can be allowed on gaming while others can't.

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
This thread belongs in Etectera with the rest of the anime trash.

I still need to play Recettear. It's been sitting in my steam library.

Ganado

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I kind of wish 5pb wasn't so hell bent against PC. Not sure what Chiyomaru's deal is here, but honestly, we're missing out.
Steins;Gate 0 is decent, while Chaos;Child is amazing. Leagues above S;G, so far at least.
I don't think it's 5pb though since they already announced that their backlog is coming to Steam, starting with Steins;Gate. Obviously, their main prio isn't PC with none of their newer games announced for PC yet, but if companies such as PQube cared about PC, they should've try to get the PC versions too since they already translates the PS versions.
But with the way Psycho-Pass has been selling (2,3k international, 700 japan) who knows?

Eila

Oct 27, 2017
I thought Recettear is actually pretty hard to complete on your first run. I remember failing myself, and never tried again.

Annubis

Oct 25, 2017
Ah Recettear. These memories, these nightmares... of HER...
F95003AA3D7FFD51128AE61DBA2B727F6344BD0F
I mean, sometimes you want to fail and the problem is when they accept the ridiculous price because you forgot your merchant level is stupidly high.

Louie: Hi Recette, I'd like to purchase this Pirate Hat.
Recette: No you don't. Sure, you get +4 ATK, but you lose 13 DEF and 3 MDEF.
Louie: Yeah, but helmets are for tanks, and tanks aren't cool. Pirates are the way to go nowadays.
Recette: Ok ok... here 130% the amount. I know you're poor, so you'll never buy it.
Louie: 130%?!? Recette, that's clearly too much!
Recette: I know.
Louie: Can't you make it cheaper?
Recette: Nope, sticking to it.
Louie: I don't have that much money you know...
Recette: Well, guess you're keeping your helmet then, huh.
Louie: Ok, you drive a hard bargain, but I'll take it.
Recette: Wait wha?
Louie: *equips Pirate Hat, trashes Ancient Helm*
Recette: fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
Louie: yar!

Nzyme32

Oct 28, 2017
Bollocks to you anime.

Hello February.

Oh and I'm making a Steam Input thread at some point in the weekend

Nzyme32

Oct 28, 2017
By the way folks - if you ever wanted to know what happens to your steam stuff when Valve dies - here's your answer

Well, define "die"? If the company were purchased, I assume that whoever bought it would continue to operate it, because it's quite profitable. Even if you had your own distribution platform, you wouldn't actually shut down Steam - you'd try to rebrand it and merge it. And frankly our infrastructure is probably better than yours, so you'd be more likely to merge your existing store into our backend than go the other way.

If Valve were to run out of money for some impossible reason (like, GabeN decides to spend all our money on building a private Mars base and just disappears after draining the bank), well, Steam is a valuable asset, so we would likely be forced by the courts to sell it to another company. And that company would continue to run it, because it's only valuable if it's still running.

If there were a cataclysmic earth-shattering event and all of Washington state were blown clean off the map, then yeah, you'd have a problem. You'd also have some other, bigger problems. I don't think it's worth worrying about or hedging that risk.

But even if the worst of the worst happens, the Steam DRM system is based on fairly simple private-key encryption. In the absolute worst case, features like chat, achievements, leaderboards, patches, infinite free re-downloads, etc. would all be offline - but anyone with access to the private key could write a simple, bare-bones license server really easily.

Personally, I'm keen on trading Valve for the Mars base and Doom IRL

collige

Oct 31, 2017
This thread reminds me that I still have to beat Recettear at some point. I'm kinda confused about the progression though. Are player expected to lose multiple time before meeting all the deadlines? Also, it seems like it's optimal to ignore the dungeons entirely and just focus on hustling. Can anyone confirm?

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Nice thread. Congratulations!

It's worth mentioning that tomorrow there'll be a benchmark tool for Final Fantasy XV: Windows Edition, available to download from SquareEnix's website.

Nzyme32

Oct 28, 2017
So when will steam update the main app UI ffs? This is no longer 2004.

Soon™

Slight progress - after years of literal begging, the latest beta includes proper DPI scaling, and a bunch of suggestive stuff in there about upcoming stuff like a global calendar system, updates to chat etc. There is even a little feature where devs can do their own stream on their store page. Also, the Library might look a little like this:
KzDRl8L.jpg

Kvik

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Downunder.
I hope there will be a bundle discount for past Stellaris expansions when the new one gets out. I don't know useful the planet killers would be in my playstyle though.

Status
Not open for further replies.