• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Arthands

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

The recent Steam Game Festival concluded weeks ago, and we now know that the next one is coming in June 16 to 22. Here's the overview

The Steam Game Festival returns on June 16th, 2021! The Steam Game Festival is a multi-day celebration where fans can try out demos, chat with developers, watch live streams, and learn about upcoming games on Steam. For developers, the Steam Game Festival is an opportunity to get early feedback from players and build an audience for a future launch on Steam.

This one will comprises of demos for games (include early access) releasing in the 2nd half of 2021, and there won't be returning demo from the recent Steam Game Festivals.

The 2021 Steam Game Festival: Summer Edition is open to any upcoming game on Steam that meets the following criteria:

1. Have a Steamworks developer account in good standing
  2. Have a game you plan to release on Steam after the event and before January, 2022. If your game is releasing after that date, you may register for a future event.
  3. Set up and release a playable demo for the duration of the Steam Game Festival. You may choose to retire the demo after the festival concludes or leave the demo available
  4. Have not participated with the same game in either the Winter 2021 or Autumn 2020 Steam Game Festivals.

I also noticed that Valve will also have a curation team to determine which game demo they will be highlighting during the festival, which is something that wasn't in the Steam Game Festival earlier this month (not sure for the ones last year).

Q: Are Early Access games eligible to participate in the Steam Game Festival?
A: Only games that have not released a playable build yet are eligible. If your game is already released and available in Steam Early Access by the start of the festival, then your game is not eligible to participate in the Steam Game Festival.

Q: Do I need to have my game and store page reviewed in order to register?
A: Yes, your base game's store page must be publicly visible in order to complete registration. The Valve curation team looks at each store page, including any screenshots, trailers, and description in order to determine which games we will be highlighting during the festival.

PC-tan

Feb 25, 2018

The recent Steam Game Festival concluded weeks ago, and we now know that the next one is coming in June 16 to 22. Here's the overview

This one will comprises of demos for games (include early access) releasing in the 2nd half of 2021, and there won't be returning demo from the recent Steam Game Festivals.

I also noticed that Valve will also have a curation team to determine which game demo they will be highlighting during the festival, which is something that wasn't in the Steam Game Festival earlier this month (not sure for the ones last year).
They did highlights games and stuff but I'm guessing that prior to that that they did not have a curation team before to do that or at least I don't think that they mentioned that was one of the new things that they were going to try with the Spring version