• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lupianwolf

Oct 27, 2017
Campaigners have accused computer games giant Steam of "normalising paedophilia" for advertising a simulator where players must direct a small child to its dad in a shower.

The aim of "Shower With Your Dad 2015" is to race to the correct dad and lather up with him in a public shower stall.

Andy Burrows, NSPCC Associate Head of Child Safety Online, said: "Any video game that trivialises or normalises child abuse or treats it as entertainment is unacceptable.

"We are calling on Government to force social networks, including online interactive games, to design child protections into their services."

Barnardo's Chief Executive, Javed Khan said: "Virtual games that may depict or encourage paedophiles have no place in our society.

"It's vital parents speak to children about what they're doing online, and that its made much easier to prevent children downloading these tasteless and potentially risky games.

"New age-appropriate lessons on relationships and sex education in all England schools from next year will help children understand what content is safe and what they should avoid."

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/51975...with-your-dad-accused-child-abuse-naked-boys/

Leafhopper

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think that was the intent of that game. I think it's a dumb little game but, I seen gameplay of it and it doesn't seem to have a dark edge to it or anything.

Dunno about the word promoting it either, maybe when it was selling a ton for being a cheap joke game years ago when it might have been on the best sellers list but, not now.

Also kinda surprised that media such as this only noticed this game now. I know it's The Sun but heck.

mrtl

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Are certain sites banned yet? Because I can access The Sun from here and that looks like a mistake on Era's part.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This is a 2.5 year old game tho? Why is it gaining traction now?

It's a good game too.

Leafhopper

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, this came out years ago - that should have been when the game got dunked on.

Is it getting a Switch port or something? Because it's weird that they're talking about it now.
I swear they caught a glimpse on this on Steam during the sale or got it joke gifted to them and wrote and inaccurate article about it.

That's the only way I can see this happening because I am pretty sure no switch version was announced.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
Well, "Shower with your Dad" certainly does sound very creepy. Never heard of it before though and have no idea what the gameplay entails.

Oct 29, 2017
UK
The Sun gonna Sun.

Not only is this a super delayed reaction and the game is just a bit odd, this controversy is hilariously over the top.

Leafhopper

Oct 25, 2017
Well, "Shower with your Dad" certainly does sound very creepy.
The full name of the game is Shower With Your Dad Simulator 2015 and it was only made once and if you look at the game it's obvious it's a parody on the Simulator thing.

So the writer didn't even put the full title of the game either.

ZhugeEX

Senior Analyst at Niko Partners
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Given every other post is dismissing the source I'm going to lock this thread as there isn't much discussion to have here.

Status
Not open for further replies.