• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
IMG_20190625_180005.jpg

The Steam Summer Sale is upon us, and this year it's racing themed! Here's the race info.

giphy_11.gif

Here's some advice, one racer to another, for surviving the sales with your pink slips and wallets intact:
  • Use your wishlist. If nothing else, having a list of games that you're interested in that you've built up over the past few months might help stop you impulse buying games not on your list.
  • Keep an eye out for bundles. Publisher bundles, series bundles, DLC bundles, they can all cut the price of a purchase considerably, and can throw up some interesting pricing errors at times!
  • Ask yourself if you're going to play it. Sure, getting Sekiro for 25% off now is really tempting, but if you're not going to play it until the winter, why buy now when it'll be available in the winter sale at 50% off.
  • Use Augmented Steam , GG.deals and IsThereAnyDeal to keep an eye out for any cheaper discounts. They're out there, even during the sales.
  • Look out for hidden indie gems. The big AAA titles might have great discounts, but you can probably pick up a lot of really quite excellent indie titles for the same cost as one recent AAA game. Here's the Hidden Gems thread.
  • Flash sales are gone, so the price you'll pay at the start of the sale is the price you'll pay at the end of the sale. You don't need to hit the purchase button straight away! Think about your purchases.

Last edited:

Deleted member 3897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What to expect:

- Store to crash
- Store to give errors
- People complaining about prices not being updated
- "Only [insert sale price] on [insert game]? Fucking bullshit."

Skyebaron

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
SLEEPY DOGS IS $1.99. I REPEAT SLEEPING DOGS IS 2 BUCKS. BUY IT

Wei Shen wants you, with pork bun in hand, to have a fun time.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
I can't wait to pick up There was an error communicating with the Steam servers. Please try again later.

Hamchan

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, the advice about not buying a game unless you plan to play it very soon is the best advice.

Add it to your list, link it to isthereanydeal and watch how often your games go on sale. For most games, it's a lot, and the price for most of them is always trending down.

So just be a bit patient and just wait.

KenOD

Oct 25, 2017
I could think about my purchases, or just impulse buy to my heart's content. Either way, time to add to my backlog

thebishop

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Man if Sekiro gets a deep cut, that's gonna be tempting. I'm like 30% through it on PS4 Pro, but I just got a Vega 56...

Nier would be a done deal... this is gonna be an expensive week...

Deleted member 1105

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm looking at getting the Hitman 2 Season Pass and maybe A Plague Tale: Innocence. Let's see what the discounts are first.

Thekeats

Nov 1, 2017
Hoping for a discount on the Stelaris DLC. Planning on playing with mates but only have the base game.

admataY

Oct 25, 2017
Now we play the best game of all - the game of waiting !

I gotta admit this whole subscription service madness this year kinda makes me second guess every buy , im too old for changing landscape damnit .

Ebullientprism

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just see the regular page. No deals.

This is why Epic games store is better, at least it isnt running on 5 potatoes stapled together. :P

Deleted member 4346

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
LOL I can't believe I'm waiting with baited breath for another Steam sale. I do have a few things I want to grab though, mostly for my kids.

Tambini

Oct 25, 2017
I know its a bug because it hasn't started yet but seeing Call of Duty franchise - up to 10% off on the homepage made me laugh, probably won't be too far off