• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Firebrand

Oct 25, 2017
People got initial rewards based on their account "value." So people with tons of games started with a lot of boosts to use. I had like 24.

To refuel it tomorrow I'll just cash in my 20k points I have waiting from Divinity Original Sin 2.
Ah, okay. It says I have 7 boosts, but 0 distance + 0 nitro so I can't click it. It seemed like people started with fuel too but maybe I was mistaken.

C4rter

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Can I see anywhere where my "points"/"fuel" came from? I had like 25k and a friend only had like 8000 in the beginning.
He got points for Resident Evil 2 he played last the day before yesterday. I did not get anything for playing My Friend Pedro that I last played yesterday.
I just got a few points when I unlocked another achivement in Pedro but I already had like 27 achievements in the game.
It's so weird.

Vivian-Pogo

Jan 9, 2018
Idle any game you have achievements on for 30 minutes and then you'll get points for the past achievements.

Though you have to take them all or nothing style. Like I have 11000 points in Stardew achievements but if I take them it says I have to throw away the extras.

Zoon

Oct 25, 2017
E0pEX8K.png

Day 1 - 20€ spent

SteveWinwood

Oct 25, 2017
USA USA USA
Are these 5 dollars on my next purchase cumulative?
yes

but they require points which means you have to play your library

the money just increases your capacity to earn points each day that then you can spend

it's not well explained but it kind of makes sense if you sit down with it for a few minutes

it actually does kind of give you free money for past stuff

rsfour

Oct 26, 2017
Idle any game you have achievements on for 30 minutes and then you'll get points for the past achievements.

Though you have to take them all or nothing style. Like I have 11000 points in Stardew achievements but if I take them it says I have to throw away the extras.

lol I had 38000 from path, I could only take 10% of it.

Thanks valve. I said fuck it, took the 10% because this meta game or wahtever the fuck it is is awful.

C4rter

Oct 25, 2017
Germany

Any game? Not just the "Recently Played Games"?
It says "Recently Played Games (1 Available)" on my Grand Prix page and that game is My Friend Pedro.
And I only got points for the achievement I just unlocked (It says "976 points earned 1 completed").

And what do you mean by "if I take them it says I have to throw away the extras"?

Edit:
Oh and it says this below my recently played game:
"No capacity available
Upgrade your Boost Meter's capacity or wait until tomorrow to claim your points"

Sailent

Mar 2, 2018
yes

but they require points which means you have to play your library

the money just increases your capacity to earn points each day

I have over 400 games, and I have almost a 100% achievement rate in almost all of them :_D But I've read that you need to actually install and open them. Guh, this is going to take a while.

Ojli

Chicken Chaser
Oct 28, 2017
Sweden
Snatched Baba is You for 30% off (8€). 30 minutes in and I'm stuck. This is great!

1-D_FE

Oct 27, 2017
I have over 400 games, and I have almost a 100% achievement rate in almost all of them :_D But I've read that you need to actually install and open them. Guh, this is going to take a while.

I wonder if this is why Steam's shitting the bed. I was finally able to check my wishlist an hour and 30 minutes after the sale started. But here we are again, almost four hours later, and the site is completely worthless. I can't even read the rules to try and figure out what's going on.

Vivian-Pogo

Jan 9, 2018
It says "Recently Played Games (1 Available)" on my Grand Prix page and that game is My Friend Pedro.
And I only got points for the achievement I just unlocked (It says "976 points earned 1 completed").

And what do you mean by "if I take them it says I have to throw away the extras"?
Recently played means you've played for a half hour recently. That's why you idle them (or play).

"If you take them you have to throw away the extras" means any points over your daily capacity (red number) you throw away.

SteveWinwood

Oct 25, 2017
USA USA USA

you have a cap on how many points you can have

the cap can be increased through days participated in the sale and spending money

if you accept points from a game and it goes over the cap they get thrown away and you can't redeem them again another day
just use sam or idlemaster or whatever the kids are using nowadays to just tell steam you're running it so you don't have to install and actually run it

I'm not going to tell you to use SAM to get achievements because that seems scummy and now that they're tied to money kind of (but I guess the cap counter acts that) but I guess in theory you could do that too

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Has anybody had the event actually start tracking quest completions and all that yet? It hasn't tracked anything I've done for Path of Exile today.

Haha. There's an empty section in the FAQ at the bottom of the page where it used to ask "Wait, I have to pay to play?" because they screwed up distributing the starting token count.

I've had my one fish in Stardew Valley count for the 30 tokens, so... yes?
Wait, so they gave me too many tokens initially? There's nothing more I can abuse from this event?

Damn

TheChrisGlass

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Haha. There's an empty section in the FAQ at the bottom of the page where it used to ask "Wait, I have to pay to play?" because they screwed up distributing the starting token count.

I've had my one fish in Stardew Valley count for the 30 tokens, so... yes?

Static

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Season pass is $2 cheaper than the whole game and season pass. Being a day one buyer is the worst. Oh well. If I have to wait til they're selling the Gold Edition for a quarter the cost of the season pass by itself, then so be it. Fuck yourself, trash pricing.

YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018
I still can't purchase games: I have three vouchers applied to my order, as soon as I hit the purchase button the purchase is not finalized and I can't proceed with it, the games get added to my account, can't download them, can't idle, no money are charged.

What a clusterfuck, and I don't even know how to solve it.

Se_7_eN

Oct 25, 2017
So, they've done away with flash sales? Kinda glad tbh.
Lol, when was your last sale?
I miss the flash sales... They were guaranteed to be a good price.

The Steam Sales get worse and worse IMO, smaller discounts and actually having to play a random game to receive cards / discounts (Makes sense) but it personally sucks for me because I only pay attention to the sale while I am at work.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan

Season pass is $2 cheaper than the whole game and season pass. Being a day one buyer is the worst. Oh well. If I have to wait til they're selling the Gold Edition for a quarter the cost of the season pass by itself, then so be it. Fuck yourself, trash pricing.

The season pass did go on sale a while ago on Steam for 50% off.

It's actually what's pissing me off as Steam is the ONLY place where the season pass has gone on sale on PC. No other site has had a discount at all.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Ah no mans sky 50% off. Do I buy purely for the VR update? Already have the game on PSVR but PCVR should be prettier (gtx 1080)?

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
God, these sale metagames get more confusing, and feel less like "have fun" and more like "buy shit to win (maybe)" every year. Maybe it's just me.

Is there already a good thread for overlooked smaller/indie game deals?

StarStorm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Is Dark Souls Remastered really $3.99? 90% off?

I'm confused by this new metagame. The site is unresponsive on web and the client. Sometimes, it takes multiple refreshes to load a single page. This store is slow as hell.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
The season pass did go on sale a while ago on Steam for 50% off.

It's actually what's pissing me off as Steam is the ONLY place where the season pass has gone on sale on PC. No other site has had a discount at all.
Also Static Wasn't the Odyssey season pass on sale on Uplay in their Spring Sale in mid-March? I got the Gold Edition then for $33, plus I exchanged 100 points for 20% off to make it $26.40. They had tons of stuff on sale for deep discount then, and I think I saw the season pass too.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
Also Static Wasn't the Odyssey season pass on sale on Uplay in their Spring Sale in mid-March? I got the Gold Edition then for $33, plus I exchanged 100 points for 20% off to make it $26.40. They had tons of stuff on sale for deep discount then, and I think I saw the season pass too.
It might've been but I don't think I had the 100 points, + they charge me in Euros instead of USD because Ubisoft. So I wasn't REALLY saving that much.

TheChrisGlass

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
God, these sale metagames get more confusing, and feel less like "have fun" and more like "buy shit to win (maybe)" every year. Maybe it's just me.

Is there already a good thread for overlooked smaller/indie game deals?
They are specifically designed to cater to the people who want to spend money to win this useless race.
The people who will spend literally thousands just to have the highest badge rank.

C4rter

Oct 25, 2017
Germany

What? Where? Someone here posted a screenshot near the beginning of the sale and it's still the same "Rules of the Road".
Or what do you mean by FAQ?