• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

maabus1999

Oct 26, 2017
Something is really off. I'm still at 0/0, and my good ol' corgies are right back to 4000x nitro as fast as they were yesterday...if not faster. Going by the Steam Forums, most people are the same with zero point capacity.

I have no idea how team Yellow is back up there unless someone found a way around it in the script (like the negative token exploit).

Wok

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
France
Since you have all boosted yesterday, I can purchase a game and boost today, and be the only candidate for a free game.

All according to plan.

I have no idea how team Yellow is back up there unless someone found a way around it in the script (like the negative token exploit).

People purchasing a game per day to be able to enter for the daily lottery?

Shodan14

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
The trick seems to be to just idle any game with steam achievements and you get like near-infinity points if the game has a lot of achievements unlocked.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Ah got it thanks. So should we just use all our boosts at once ? What's the meta for this game?
Here is what i am doing
1- find a game that i got a lot of achievements in
2- run the game if it is installed and let the game run for 30 mins or so
3- after 30 mins, i ezit the game, check the grand prix page and i should find a banner to get feul dor my team
4- i uae up the fuel ao my team advances and i get coins
5- i go to pit stop to redeem the coins for what i want

The $5 coupon doesnt need to be redeemed as steam will automatically ask u if u want to redeem coins for it when u buy something.

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
Something is really off. I'm still at 0/0, and my good ol' corgies are right back to 4000x nitro as fast as they were yesterday...if not faster. Going by the Steam Forums, most people are the same with zero point capacity.

Corgi looks to have a huge lead in terms of users under the banner. which means they are easier to have a lead. If anything at least second and third place are able to get things as well.

maabus1999

Oct 26, 2017
Corgi looks to have a huge lead in terms of users under the banner. which means they are easier to have a lead. If anything at least second and third place are able to get things as well.
I get that but I think everyone missed the point; Corgi got to 4000x boost faster than yesterday with the event bugged out today....the rest of the teams are actually lower than yesterday around 2 PM EST.

Vivian-Pogo

Jan 9, 2018
Capacity doesn't reset. Not gonna participate for a 1 in a million chance of getting a wishlisted game. This event sucks. I'm out.
ZealousVelvetyHammerkop-size_restricted.gif

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
RIP Pig and Cockatiel It seems like the community has ceded Corgis first place and are now just rat fucking those two to solidify second and third.

edit: wow capacity doesn't reset. Cool, I need to pay attention to this anymore then.

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
No full resets with older boost balances...100 finally added to account. Guess I would need to buy $100 more worth of things to get that 10k of fuel lol

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
LOL, you seriously have to spend money each day to increase your boost level from the initial 100?

Ahh Valve, I should've seen this one coming.

maabus1999

Oct 26, 2017
So if I go to pit stop it says "competein the races to unlock 15148 more", so it looks like were supposed to get all the capacity back...its just screwwed up

atomsk eater

Oct 25, 2017
Shit, they could at least make capacity gained from buying things in the sale refresh, nevermind the bonus from lunar sale and previous purchases.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Why would they make these game achievements worth like 20k points if you can at most use that sort of thing once. Should have made games like worth 1/10 of that value.

atomsk eater

Oct 25, 2017
Every time my friends complain about how the pure card-based events of Steam sales aren't fun, I'm just going to say "Grand Prix 2019."

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Wooo, got my 100 points. Doing the math, I'll need to spend $55 plus idle-boost for 13 days at 30 minutes per day (to get 1300 more points), just to get $5. Factor in the underwhelming sale prices and this is woeful. It's needlessly confusing and not even worth participating in. Oh, there's also a 1 in nearly 1M chance of getting a wishlist game granted if I keep hoop-jumping daily. What a terrible event.

zeknurn

Oct 25, 2017
I guess I'll spend my 3 422 tokens on leveling up the badge and not caring about this meta game in the future. This has to be the worst meta game they've done so far. I'd take card collecting over this.

atomsk eater

Oct 25, 2017
They're idolizing Monsters and Saliens and Potato Sack, as they should.

The card games may be better than this but they're a far cry from Valve's best.

I actually tend to dislike things like Saliens, the minigame was fun for like day one though.

I mean... this being shit doesn't make the other not shit.

At the very least it's not a 4 tiered system to turn points into usable tokens, where no one understands the rules because they're both poorly written and omit information. Simple shit trumps complex in these cases.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
yawn.

So 100 points/day for capacity?
k, i'll wait a few days. then I'll try to get a 3rd coupon.
I mean, 12 bucks off still ain't bad. But it's not motivating me to try to do any metagame stuff.

Catshade

Oct 26, 2017
Instead of bottlenecking capacity (and ruin the whole racing game), they should've made token redemptions incremental i.e. first $5 coupon costs 15k tokens, second coupon costs 45k, third costs 135k etc.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
No. You can just wait til the last day of the sale. It'll all be spendable then.

Also, worth noting that if they keep the same format next sale, you will likely keep your tokens.
Then I'd have 1200 points less. It says you need to participate daily to get the 100 points added. Which would mean an additional $12 would need to be spent to get that $5 coupon.

Static

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Then I'd have 1200 points less. It says you need to participate daily to get the 100 points added. Which would mean an additional $12 would need to be spent to get that $5 coupon.
Yeah maybe. I have no idea at this point what their definition of the word participate is. I'm just gonna do nothing today and I'll let you know tomorrow whether or not I get another 100 points. Cuz 100 points or no 100 points, this shit is going nowhere. I'm not paying $100 for a $5 coupon lol.

Reinhard

Oct 27, 2017
My capacity greatly reduced today and I got 0 new boosts. What a fantastic experience. I even bought a game yesterday, but can't do crap today.... I also had no idea what I was doing at first with the confusing sale so I probably wasted a number of boots, could have potentially had two $5 off coupons instead of just 1, sigh.

Oct 25, 2017
Instead of bottlenecking capacity (and ruin the whole racing game), they should've made token redemptions incremental i.e. first $5 coupon costs 15k tokens, second coupon costs 45k, third costs 135k etc.

that would have been far too sensible for valve to come up with. You're missing all the needlessly complicated bullshit, and misleading your customers.

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Fun idea for ya'll.

Let's create an event where the first day we give everybody a ton of free points and stuff to do

then every day after that make them pay up to try and participate again.