• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ddc226

Oct 28, 2017
If I buy Bayonetta this sale, then I will officially own it on every platform it's available on (except Wii U).

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
I don't understand the sale game at all, and that big explanation above does not help lol.

basic terms from my understanding

buy games = increase boost capacity
play games = get fuel that are used for boost capacity.

fuel can not be greater than boost capacity. You burn fuel which also burns your boost capacity. burnt fuel gives tokens for the various things to use it on (discounts, etc.)

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
Here says I have tokens for my Steam spending, but I'll only be able to use them after the sale is over? I don't get it at all

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
1 and 3 worth picking up too?

Only played 1, which was very short but really atmospheric and the puzzles were challenging but fair, I didn't need to google help for any of them. The game's got quite a creepy ambience about it. Not much of a narrative, but there is a subtle journey playing out, that makes you want to play the next game when you finish, hence why I plopped less than £1 for the sequel.

TheChrisGlass

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
That's more complicated than it should be lol
Vastly.

You earn points and tokens to spend to increase a number that is compared with a number on other teams.

It's not at all compelling and just stupid. Especially from a company LITERALLY FOUNDED ON MAKING GAMES.

The only thing to care about is to get enough tokens to get Level 1 of the badge and say "Fuck it" because the competition means nothing and the corgis will win every day because whoever picked the teams has no clue about how people think.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
Does the 5$ discount work on pre-orders?
It did in the lunar sale, so this should do it too.

I don't understand the sale game at all, and that big explanation above does not help lol.
Added a TLDR which should be better:

TLDR VERSION:

You get Fuel (THE WHITE NUMBER) by doing Steam activities in the page. You can boost as much fuel as the "Boost Capacity" ( THE RED NUMBER) per day.
The races are daily and you will get your maximum "Boost Capacity" (THE RED NUMBER) at the start of the day. Buying games increases your "Boost Capacity" (THE RED NUMBER).

When you boost and burn fuel and reduce the "Boost Capacity" for the remaining of the day. The burned fuel becomes tokens.

You can transform tokens into Discounts and Steam Sale stuff.

Here says I have tokens for my Steam spending, but I'll only be able to use them after the sale is over? I don't get it at all
You can use your tokens in the REST AREA

Vivian-Pogo

Jan 9, 2018
basic terms from my understanding

buy games = increase boost capacity
play games = get fuel for fuel tank

fuel can not be greater than boost capacity. You burn fuel which also burns your boost capacity. burnt fuel gives tokens for the various things to use it on (discounts, etc.)
Ok. That makes sense. So you have to spend $150 and play a bunch of your games to get a $5 coupon? Seems a bit much.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
Seeing Corgi in the lead...

F82861912113D8630997558C5BB40B6A756E775F

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
So the capacity resets each day? That seems more manageable.
I think so

Choose your team from a selection of five fabulous racers: tortoise, hare, cockatiel, pig, and corgi, each with their own unique style of vehicle. Compete with your rival teams to earn points by participating in quests or earning achievements from games in your library. Every day is a new race, and a chance for a new team to win! As a daily reward for burning rubber on the track, contributing racers from teams that come in first, second or third place have a random chance to win a game from your wishlist. For Teams that place in the final, all contributing racers have a chance to win!

Paertan

Oct 28, 2017
Cool original Portal on 90% sale. My girlfriend have never played it. Bought so I don't have to play the PS3 version which I already own.

Pargon

Oct 27, 2017
I'm pleasantly surprised to see The Room Three receive a 75% discount, since this is the first time it's been on sale.

I think Thumper and Redout: Enhanced Edition are at their lowest price on Steam so far too.
Disappointed that GTAV's price went up in-between adding it to cart and trying to check out. The Premium Online Edition originally had a 65% discount rather than the 49% it's now at.

Dark Souls Remastered 3,99€
I suppose this is probably a question for Steam support, but does anyone know how loyalty discounts work on Steam?
I bought the game last week when it went on sale for $8 because I didn't think it would get any cheaper than that - so I still have the opportunity to refund it.
But if I refund the game now, will I still get the discount for original Dark Souls owners ($4) or will the price stay at $24?

Anno

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, Ohio
So Team Corgi is a trap right? Like yeah it's going to win but you'd probably rather come in second on a team with half as many people to draw against for the prizes.

Pargon

Oct 27, 2017
As a reminder for people: the full list of Humble Monthly games are revealed on July 5th, before the end of this sale (July 9th).
If you're a subscriber, I'd recommend not buying anything until then.

And if you're not a subscriber, the currently-revealed games for $12 are Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice, and Moonlighter. Buying the bundle is cheaper than Hellblade on its own right now.

Anno

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, Ohio

It's 300 winners/day for first, 200 for second and 100 for third. So I guess it would depend if there's more than a 33% falloff from first to second place.

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
So you can get a badge, some chat emotes, a coupon for a ton of points, and the chance of a random game if your team wins the race of the day. Anything I'm missing here, none of the games they have listed for points really interest me enough to install much less buy so I probably wont bother.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
What pack should I get for Civ 6? There's a lot of options.
Gold Edition + Gathering Storm would net you all of the expansions and some DLC at a good price.

You could skip GS and save quite a bit, but tbh I just can't imagine playing Civ6 without it. Improves the whole game a lot.

Sim

Oct 25, 2017
I thought I purchased Hitman 2, but it looks like I didn't. Huh. Weird. Maybe it was on console.

Anyway, copping it and the season pass for $40.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What is the fastest way to get fuel? I just kill monsters in Stardew Valley, but maybe there's a faster way?

Fastest way is to load up games you have a lot of achievements so you can redeem them. I get like like 20k from my Divinity Original Sin 2 achievements for instance. It looks at your last 5 games played (and you might need to play them for a decent amount of time).

Firebrand

Oct 25, 2017
So playing games is the only way to move the boost meter over 0? Seems like some people were boosting the moment the sale went up. My button's just greyed out.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So playing games is the only way to move the boost meter over 0? Seems like some people were boosting the moment the sale went up. My button's just greyed out.

People got initial rewards based on their account "value." So people with tons of games started with a lot of boosts to use. I had like 24.

To refuel it tomorrow I'll just cash in my 20k points I have waiting from Divinity Original Sin 2.

Ruruja

Oct 25, 2017
People got initial rewards based on their account "value." So people with tons of games started with a lot of boosts to use. I had like 24.

To refuel it tomorrow I'll just cash in my 20k points I have waiting from Divinity Original Sin 2.

Weird, I have over 1000 games and had 0 boosts.

SteveWinwood

Oct 25, 2017
USA USA USA
so to get boost points you have to play games

your total boost amount possible goes up each day and also depending on how many games you have

you can boost if you have boost points to spend that helps your racer go faster

the spending money either increases boost points, the total amount of points you can have, or both I dunno