• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Hard to tell since wishlists aren't loading and most everything's broken at the moment , but I don't think I'm buying a godamnthing this time.
The Occupation is just 20% off and I've already got more games than money.

Vuze

Oct 25, 2017
are there cards as usual? I only came across the convoluted meta game but the store is still buggy for me so idk

Firebrand

Oct 25, 2017
Lol my 2 years of heavy Warframe play paid off, I have 75k points for having 177 achievements (the mobile app is a cluster right now and I don't know what the points are for though, but 75k looks like a lot)
By points do you mean boost, nitro, tokens? I understand nothing.

I got a "Savings Boost Activated - Save $5 off" as I was loading up my cart. Should I break things up into separate orders?
Did you do anything to receive this discount?

Becks'

Dec 7, 2017
Canada
4 Euro Dark Souls Remastered discount only applies if you own Prepare to Die Edition. 50% off from upgrading + 40% off from sale.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
Damn I don't know which team to choose, it'll be harder than choose what games to buy

Deleted member 23212

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
If Rockstar games aren't available in your region, you could still redeem keys to get the games

Take note of DRM before buying.

Complete edition is $10ish on wingamestore
$2 diff. I know but just want to throw this out there for anyone interested.
Oh well, it's not the end of the world I guess. I already had GTAV and MGSV on PS4 and PUBG on XB1 but fuck paying for online, so I guess I just got them on Steam so I don't have to worry about that. Crysis 2 I also had on PS3 but I assume the PC version is much better. Garry's Mod was a "well I guess everyone else has it so I might as well get it too" game. Siege is a popular online game so I thought it'd be nice to try it out and while I tend to not like paying for Early Access Black Mesa is slated to have a full release soon so I finally decided to jump on it.

MrHedin

Dec 7, 2018
Team Corgi for me. Picking up Total Accurate Battle Simulator and Papers Please finally and will pick up Divinity Original Sin 2 at some point as well but deciding if I want anything beyond that.

TYRANITARR

Oct 28, 2017
Is there any incentives for spending X amount of dollars? I'm almost at $50 in my cart... does it matter?

Aaron D.

Oct 25, 2017
Ok, so every Steam Sale I gift one of the dumbest looking games to a friend. What should I get this time? It should be super cheap and have to most ridiculous concept.

Oddly, Candice nearly made my GOTY 2017 (click the link to see why).

Wound up going with UnExplored at #1 but I still wonder to this day if I made the right choice.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
Ok, so every Steam Sale I gift one of the dumbest looking games to a friend. What should I get this time? It should be super cheap and have to most ridiculous concept.

Do you mean dumb as in "why the hell would anyone ever play this" or dumb as in "oh actually this seems weird but kind of neat"?

I found Bytepath in my wishlist, it's 59 cents CAD and it seems neat enough that I'm just going to buy it.

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
Finally bought MHW. Mods were the defining factor for me. Along with the fact I forgot I had some money in the Steam Wallet from card selling

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
What is it? Nothing is showing up.

Ace Combat 7. Clearing stages unlocks that stage to be played with no enemy fighters just to chillax and fly around in them. It has a solid single player campaign mode with a wonderful soundtrack.

Ah yes the Steam Sale.

Where I spend $50 and then refund $48 worth of games.
21991.jpg

LIKE A BOSS!

jrpl

Nov 20, 2017
Bought RE6 with my 7.50 coupon. Stuck in pending, gets refunded, now coupon is also gone :(

MrHedin

Dec 7, 2018
What I can't figure out is if you can only earn points on the quest games or if you can earn points playing any game with Steam achievements just the quest ones give you more? I think it might be the latter but I don't know for sure.

TheChrisGlass

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
They still haven't even given everyone their base coin amount yet. I'm supposed to get 4000 and got zero.

The other way to get tokens, outside of spending money, is by playing games you have, playing games that are F2P, or something to do with Recent games that you have more than 30 minutes in, and I don't have that yet. Maybe tonight.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
Ok quick walkthrough of the game from my "oh shit they really such at explaining themselves" expertice in working with another company whose name is not Valve but nearly:

666.PNG

TLDR VERSION:

You get Fuel (THE WHITE NUMBER) by doing Steam activities in the page. You can boost as much fuel as the "Boost Capacity" ( THE RED NUMBER) per day.
The races are daily and you might get your maximum "Boost Capacity" (THE RED NUMBER) at the start of the day (NOT EXPLAINED YET). Buying games increases your "Boost Capacity" (THE RED NUMBER).

When you boost and burn fuel and reduce the "Boost Capacity" for the remaining of the day. The burned fuel becomes tokens.

You can transform tokens into Discounts and Steam Sale stuff.

Long version:

The red number is your maximum allowed boost. It might recharge daily. It is your "Boost capacity"(THE RED NUMBER). The big white number can never go above it, so you will waste any points that will go above it if you convert achivements.
You increase your "Boost capacity"(THE RED NUMBER) by:
  • Buying games during the sale( +121 points per each 1€ spend / +100 points per each 1$ spend)
  • Each day (+100)
  • You start with more depending on your account value. Edit: Account value refers to how much you spent on Steam.

The while big number is your FUEL(THE WHITE NUMBER). You recharge it doing the quests in the web, aka playing games. If you have done achivements, you can also convert them into fuel. It cannot go above the "Boost capacity"(THE RED NUMBER) of the moment. If it is above the "Boost capacity"(THE RED NUMBER), you will have no issue until the "Boost capacity"(THE RED NUMBER) goes to 0. Afterwards, you can continue using boost to burn FUEL (THE WHITE NUMBER), but you wont get tokens.

When you boost, you waste up to 1000 fuel. The wasted fuel is also taken out of your "Boost capacity", so you will end up reaching this state:

unknown.png

THE AMOUNT OF FUEL YOU WASTED WILL TRANSFORM INTO TOKENS, WHICH YOU CAN USE TO GET THE 5$ DISCOUNT, EMOJIS OR BACKGROUNDS.

The nitro speedometer is the multiplier you add when you boost. It depends on the location of your boost in the speedometer:

unknown.png

Hope this helps? This is all working on intuition and reverse engineering, which is kinda my job so I hope it is true

Edit: Yes, you can transform achivements from recent played games into fuel. The current thought is that you need to have played it for at least 30 minutes recently for them to be accepted by Steam.

unknown.png

Last edited:

shodgson8

Aug 22, 2018
90% off Dark Souls Remastered...couldn't resist.

Thinking of picking up Two point Hospital, Thronebreaker & maybe Frostpunk.

shockdude

Oct 26, 2017
Interesting sale gimmick this year. If only there were more new racing games to match the sale's theme haha.

Also my wishlist is having trouble loading, hopefully it'll clear up soon.

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
had to resort to my pc to see have steam work properly. Being able to F5 those errors or page hangups is so good lol

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
Ok quick walkthrough of the game from my "oh shit they really such at explaining themselves" expertice in working with another company whose name is not Valve but nearly:

666.PNG

The red number is your maximum allowed boost per day. It recharges daily. It is your "Boost capacity"(THE RED NUMBER). The big white number can never go above it, so you will waste any points that will go above it if you convert achivements.
You increase your "Boost capacity"(THE RED NUMBER) by:
  • Buying games during the sale( +121 points per each 1€ spend / +100 points per each 1$ spend)
  • Each day (+100)
  • You start with more depending on your account value. Edit: Account value refers to how much you spent on Steam.

The while big number is your FUEL(THE WHITE NUMBER). You recharge it doing the quests in the web, aka playing games. If you have done achivements, you can also convert them into fuel. It cannot go above the "Boost capacity"(THE RED NUMBER) of the moment. If it is above the "Boost capacity"(THE RED NUMBER), you will have no issue until the "Boost capacity"(THE RED NUMBER) goes to 0. Afterwards, you can continue using boost to burn FUEL (THE WHITE NUMBER), but you wont get tokens.

When you boost, you waste up to 1000 fuel. The wasted fuel is also taken out of your "Boost capacity", so you will end up reaching this state:

unknown.png

THE AMOUNT OF FUEL YOU WASTED WILL TRANSFORM INTO TOKENS, WHICH YOU CAN USE TO GET THE 5$ DISCOUNT, EMOJIS OR BACKGROUNDS.

The nitro speedometer is the multiplier you add when you boost. It depends on the location of your boost in the speedometer:

unknown.png

Hope this helps? This is all working on intuition and reverse engineering, which is kinda my job so I hope it is true

Edit: Yes, you can transform achivements from recent played games into fuel. The current thought is that you need to have played it for at least 30 minutes recently for them to be accepted by Steam.

unknown.png

That's more complicated than it should be lol