• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 26, 2017
xU4wU2n.png

store.steampowered.com

LGBTQ+ Sale

A lot of titles on sale, good from Valve.

Queer bundles

store.steampowered.com

Site Error

Last edited:

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
I wishlisted a variety of upcoming and free games. I own a bunch of them but the 2nd Queer bundle needs a few more of its games on sale for me to consider getting it @_@

Shining Star

Banned
May 14, 2019
I highly recommend the Flowers games, they are absolutely lovely visual novels! Also the best game of this year, Heart of the Woods, is there too!

ramoisdead

Oct 25, 2017
Great sale from Valve on highlighting all LGTBQ+ games on sale and similar games coming soon to the store.

Also...

image0.png

Don't show the sale to Nathan G. cuz it'll make his head explode.

ThreepQuest64

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Germany
No game on sale I'm interested in. Already own LiS and Red String Club and Gone Home. The rest is too romance and visual novel focused for my taste.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Steam forums will have a normal one with this sale

Deleted member 1055

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lots of titles from my wishlist on sale, but none of the discounts are particularly exciting.

I might go ahead and grab Heaven will be Mine, since I really enjoyed We Know the Devil, but that'll probably be it:

But I'm happy to see a bunch of good games get highlighted.

Last edited:

Rickenslacker

Oct 25, 2017

thenexus6

Oct 26, 2017
UK
This game is good and not spoken about much. The OST is fantastic too.

store.steampowered.com

The Red Strings Club on Steam

The Red Strings Club is a cyberpunk narrative experience about fate and happiness featuring the extensive use of pottery, bartending and impersonating people on the phone to take down a corporate conspiracy.

RoboitoAM

Oct 25, 2017
There's chemicals in the Steam, turning my games gay

Pretty cool of valve to highlight a sale like this. Is there a specific LGBTQ thing going on or does this just happen to be the theme of this sale?

lazerfox

Oct 26, 2017
Switzerland
Life is Strange 2 is a bit of a slow burn but the latest episode was great. Really looking forward to see how they wrap it up in December.

jonjonaug

Oct 25, 2017
On the visual novel side I would highly recommend "Kindred Spirits on the Roof" and "No, Thank You!!!".

kirbyfan407

Oct 25, 2017
This game is good and not spoken about much. The OST is fantastic too.

store.steampowered.com

The Red Strings Club on Steam

The Red Strings Club is a cyberpunk narrative experience about fate and happiness featuring the extensive use of pottery, bartending and impersonating people on the phone to take down a corporate conspiracy.

Would you mind describing what the LGBTQ elements of the game are?

Rickenslacker

Oct 25, 2017
There are a number of NSFW titles included in this sale, titles comparable to at least one of the games that triggered the article being quoted.
The few that exist also haven't been featured in Steam's monthly top charts, which is also context of the excerpt. It's nothing crazy to say that the general audience of gaming will probably be more into buying anime tiddies than, say, MLM erotica, but pointing that out shouldn't be something to get defensive over.

Lozange

Oct 25, 2017
Some of my big recommendations aren't on sale, but +1 to people recommending The Missing, Night in the Woods, and pretty much all of Christine Love's stuff, although it's been a while since I've read analogue/hate plus.

Aug 28, 2019
I'm not into most of these... but I do see a few that might cheer me up a little this weekend. Nice to see this theme, regardless.

Deleted member 1055

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The few that exist also haven't been featured in Steam's monthly top charts, which is also context of the excerpt.

But that is not at all surprising if we take the author at their word.
According to them Steam is "dominated by men", meaning that titles that "specifically caters to the sexual desires of, say, straight women or LGBTQ folks" are by definition catering to minority audiences on Steam. Demanding that these titles achieve "a similar level of success" is the author failing to understand the implications of their own premise.

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK

If you don't own these I'll say hella at you till you submit.

This is also absolutely excellent.

Rickenslacker

Oct 25, 2017
But that is not at all surprising if we take the author at their word.
According to them Steam is "dominated by men", meaning that titles that "specifically caters to the sexual desires of, say, straight women or LGBTQ folks" are by definition catering to minority audiences on Steam. Demanding that these titles achieve "a similar level of success" is the author failing to understand the implications of their own premise.
Sure, if he was demanding that be the case. Rather, it's pointing out that he has yet to see an LGBTQ game of that type see similar success for reasons, and mentions prior that "it's no huge shock".

AvernOffset

May 6, 2018
Would you mind describing what the LGBTQ elements of the game are?

IIRC, two of the main characters are gay and in a relationship. One of the bar patrons is a trans woman. I think one of the people who worked on the game is trans as well.

Ther was some minor controversy about about the LGBTQ elements when the game launched though (minor spoilers): The reason you know the trans woman is trans is because a shitty ex uses her deadname as a login password, which you retrieve to hack into something. Personally, I think it works fine for the narrative since the ex is established to be garbage, but YMMV.

Deleted member 48897

Banned
Oct 22, 2018
Sure, if he was demanding that be the case. Rather, it's pointing out that he has yet to see an LGBTQ game of that type see similar success for reasons, and mentions prior that "it's no huge shock".

But Steam is doing something that helps get attention to what might otherwise be smaller, lesser-known titles by artists less likely to achieve mainstream success due to their subject matter! Those evil Steam-haters at Kotaku will say bad things about this, because reasons!!!!!

Toast

Oct 28, 2017
Night in the Woods still not low enough for my soul. OTL

Get the Life is Strange games people!