• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
I'm stuck help. Should I get...?

Teardown - 16,99
Hardspace: Shipbreaker - 17,49
Satisfactory - 14,00 (Epic)

They are all fairly similar games, except Satisfactory is about building not breaking. I'm torn. Anyone played one or two of them?

I've played Hardspace: Shipbreaker. It's still in Early Access and they're adding stuff to the game all the time (I haven't played since launch but there's a whole new ship type and a bunch of new gameplay systems I haven't touched yet). I liked it, though it's very sandbox-y at the moment. There is a campaign, but really you're just going out there every day and ripping apart ships. It is VERY satisfying to do so, though, and if you dig the Firefly/Expanse vibes then I think you'll have a great time. Knowing where to make your cuts to efficiently carve up a ship, attaching tethers in the right places to send giant hunks of spacecraft into the recovery bays, grabbing the right pieces of the ship to salvage to meet certain objectives or maintain high efficiency--none of it is glamorous but it gives you the feeling of a job well done. Perfect if you need a good podcast game.

Shodan14

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Ok guys and gals. Need some pointers. I want to play a fast paced wild FPS ala Doom. I recently played and beat Doom Eternal on Ultra Violence and want something similar.

I am thinking of the following choices:

Amid Evil
Ultrakill
Wrath Aeon of Ruin

Any inputs? I kind of want to try out Amid Evil simply for its ray tracing. haha
Ultrakill is awesome (and has a demo), Wrath is straight up not ready. Haven't played Amid Evil.

TeenageFBI

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Ok guys and gals. Need some pointers. I want to play a fast paced wild FPS ala Doom. I recently played and beat Doom Eternal on Ultra Violence and want something similar.

I am thinking of the following choices:

Amid Evil
Ultrakill
Wrath Aeon of Ruin

Any inputs? I kind of want to try out Amid Evil simply for its ray tracing. haha
I can personally vouch for

Ultrakill - It's unfinished but what's there plays incredibly well.
and
Post Void - Super cheap roguelitey FPS with a wild art style and oh god it's so fast. So so fast. Gogogogogogo

store.steampowered.com

Save 25% on Post Void on Steam

Post Void is a hypnotic scramble of early first-person shooter design that values speed above all else. Keep your head full and reach the end; Kill what you can to see it mend; Get the high score or try again.

Prodeus is shaping up nicely too. It's just less batshit than Ultrakill and Post Void. Closer to 90s Doom.

store.steampowered.com

Prodeus on Steam

Prodeus is a first-person shooter of old, re-imagined using modern rendering techniques and technology. Experience the quality you’d expect from a modern AAA game, designed with retro aesthetics and gameplay that invoke the tech-imposed limits of older hardware.

I agree about Wrath not being cooked yet. And what I've played of Amid Evil is cool but its Hexen/Heretic style weapons are just less interesting to me.

Last edited:

neon/drifter

Shit Shoe Wasp Smasher
Apr 3, 2018

Teardown - 16,99

They are all fairly similar games, except Satisfactory is about building not breaking. I'm torn. Anyone played one or two of them?
Teardown is my game of the year. It's more than just about destroying stuff, but it definitely has that. Also, be sure you've got a mid range to high range computer for Teardown. It uses raytracing whether or not you have an RTX card or not.

nded

Nov 14, 2017
Hey hey hey, buy BallisticNG and its DLC. Fast racing, smooth controls, killer tunes and retro 3D visuals done right. This game's got it all plus VR and robust Steam Workshop support to boot.

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
Is Octopath worth $30
I think so, its one of my favorite JRPG in recent memory. Be warned though its basically 8 short stories instead of one massive one and despite all characters being in a party they mostly don't interact with each other in their main stories. There are some side conversations to be found that have some neat moments but once again, not story stuff. Some are turned off by this. There is some secret stuff after you finish all 8 stories that gives hints at some connectivity but I don't count that as anything more than "ooo neat!" info.

If your down for a JRPG I say take the shot. If not, maybe wait for a bit more of a discount. Not sure what its been down to since I got it on switch two years ago.

Arkhanor

Oct 27, 2017
Recife - Brazil
Hi, everyone! I love city building games and have been looking for something similar to Banished for quite some time. Right now I'm trying to decide which one to buy (I'd love to get all of them, but I can't right now). Can anyone help me decide? (I might be able to get at least two of them)

Dawn of Man

Planetbase

Endzone

Flotsam

Foundation (couldn't post more than four pieces of media)

store.steampowered.com

Foundation on Steam

Foundation is a grid-less, laidback medieval city-building game with a focus on organic development, monument construction and resource management.

BeI

Dec 9, 2017
I only just found out you can pick a delivery time for gifts, along with bundle them all together. Quite handy for Christmas gifts and stuff.

Aaron D.

Oct 25, 2017

Just a heads-up, Below Zero will be seeing a price increase from $20 to $30 on Jan. 5th as it prepares for 1.0 launch.

So while it's technically not on sale, you might want to nab it now if you've been waiting for 1.0 to dive in (eh?).

Also noticed that if you already own OG Subnautica, you can get Below Zero in the Deep Ocean bundle for $18.

That's pretty close to -50% when you factor in the Jan. 5 price increase.

luca

Oct 25, 2017

Just a heads-up, Below Zero will be seeing a price increase from $20 to $30 on Jan. 5th as it prepares for 1.0 launch.

So while it's technically not on sale, you might want to nab it now if you've been waiting for 1.0 to dive in (eh?).

Also noticed that if you already own OG Subnautica, you can get Below Zero in the Deep Ocean bundle for $18.

That's pretty close to -50% when you factor in the Jan. 5 price increase.

Is this any good in its current state? And what will they be adding with 1.0? I could be tempted to buy it today. And will I need to have completed the original game to enjoy this one's story? I see they're connected in some way.

Aaron D.

Oct 25, 2017
Is this any good in its current state? And what will they be adding with 1.0? I could be tempted to buy it today.

I haven't played it yet as I'm holding out for 1.0. But from all read it seem just fine right now.

I swear I read somewhere that it's rumored 1.0 on Jan 21st, but I can't find the link. Though it would explain the Jan 5th price increase.

Deleted member 3038

Oct 25, 2017

Teardown - 16,99

I've played all 3, and I'm a fan of all 3.

Shipbreaker is really fun and has a large variety of ships & is more of a casual "listen to a podcast" style game.

Teardown is very similar in the "destroy anything & everything" department, but it's a lot more puzzle oriented and in my opinion gets pretty frustrating in the later levels.

Satisfactory is literally 3D factorio or a Minecraft mod pack, so if you like either of those you would be a huge fan of it.

Santos

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Any recommendations for a weird/charming management game? Got my eye on Lobotomy Corp., but idk. A friend also mentioned Cultist Simulator, but said it might be a bit too hectic for me.

karnage10

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Any recommendations for a weird/charming management game? Got my eye on Lobotomy Corp., but idk. A friend also mentioned Cultist Simulator, but said it might be a bit too hectic for me.
I didn't like both of them. lobotomy is far too much trial and error. I found Cultist simulator hard to understand, IMO the game doesn't explain itself why things are happening

Not sure about weird but i found charming and fun:
  • Surviving mars
  • oxygen not included
  • Prison architecht
  • tropico
  • planet zoo
  • rimworld
  • transport fever
with my fav management game being football manager 2020.

Aaron D.

Oct 25, 2017

Absolutely love Lobotomy Corp. Esp. after a saw a complete English localization overhaul released earlier this year.

If you're looking for oddball colony management and you're a fan of RimWorld, the recent Cultivation Simulator is quite baller too.

For more traditional charm, can't go wrong with Two Point. Great price too.

Santos

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
I didn't like both of them. lobotomy is far too much trial and error. I found Cultist simulator hard to understand, IMO the game doesn't explain itself why things are happening

Not sure about weird but i found charming and fun:
  • Surviving mars
  • oxygen not included
  • Prison architecht
  • tropico
  • planet zoo
  • rimworld
  • transport fever
with my fav management game being football manager 2020.

I love FM too, but I've put way too many hundreds of hours throughout the years on it. Great franchise though. Oxygen Not Included looks the most fun from the list you posted. Also, bought the new TWarhammer II DLC. When's the new patch with the forge rework supposed to be released? Waiting on it to start a Sisters campaign.

Absolutely love Lobotomy Corp. Esp. after a saw a complete English localization overhaul released earlier this year.

If you're looking for oddball colony management and you're a fan of RimWorld, the recent Cultivation Simulator is quite baller too.

For more traditional charm, can't go wrong with Two Point. Great price too.

Amazing Cultivation Sim 1.0 looks great. How's the translation?

RE: Two Point Hospital do you need to buy some DLC or is the base game enough?

Aaron D.

Oct 25, 2017
Amazing Cultivation Sim 1.0 looks great. How's the translation?

Cultivation Sim translation seems fine to me. Haven't run into any roadblocks.

Two Point DLC isn't needed to enjoy the base game. It's great if you're already a fan as it adds new locations, themes & illnesses. But the base game itself already comes with a ton of content.

karnage10

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal

What the hell is this game? i look at screenshots and videos and i can't understand it at all.
can you elaborate more on the wuxia madness here?

Also, bought the new TWarhammer II DLC. When's the new patch with the forge rework supposed to be released? Waiting on it to start a Sisters campaign.
I don't think there is a timetable. There is a beta patch that you can play now taht has already some changes. CA however did promise they would change things even further.

You don't need any DLC. the DLC add new diseases and new maps. The base game has easily enough content for 20h for a quick play through. >60h if you want to get 3 starts in all the maps.
THat said IMO the DLC maps have much more interesting objectives than the ones in the base game. Most objectives in base game are achievable by jsut playing like you do in sandbox. In the DLC you have very weird objectives like patients coming in waves, need to fulfill certain objetives to unlock more area for your hospital,etc.

Aaron D.

Oct 25, 2017
What the hell is this game? i look at screenshots and videos and i can't understand it at all.
can you elaborate more on the wuxia madness here?

It's a colony management sim mechanically structured much like RimWorld.

The game has been in Early Access on Steam for over a year in China. It's been wildly popular there selling over a million copies. Just went 1.0 along with getting a full English translation.

It diverges in the setting is based on Chinese Xianxia mythology of ascension. There's several schools in the discipline where you take a human soul and cultivate it to immortal status and that's what you're training your pawns though.

Feng shui play a big role not only in base layout but also elemental components as different schools ascribe to different earth elements.

The game is incredibly complex and if you dig that element in RimWorld, you'll love the unique take on offer here. There's tons of tutorials and the game's codex is well documented.

I'd say as far as RimWorld clones go this is easily the most unique and complex take on the sub-genre.

Kiru

Oct 25, 2017
Asking here too:

How many free cards could someone have earned by now? I got 13 in total, friend of mine got 12. Kinda confused. Did they change the time when the discovery queue resets?

karnage10

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
It's a colony management sim mechanically structured much like RimWorld.

The game has been in Early Access on Steam for over a year in China. It's been wildly popular there selling over a million copies. Just went 1.0 along with getting a full English translation.

It diverges in the setting is based on Chinese Xianxia mythology of ascension. There's several schools in the discipline where you take a human soul and cultivate it to immortal status and that's what you're training your pawns though.

Feng shui play a big role not only in base layout but also elemental components as different schools ascribe to different earth elements.

The game is incredibly complex and if you dig that element in RimWorld, you'll love the unique take on offer here. There's tons of tutorials and the game's codex is well documented.

I'd say as far as RimWorld clones go this is easily the most unique and complex take on the sub-genre.
I know very little about Chinese xianxia mythology so i'm very intrigued by this.
Is the game hard? as in do I easily get into a fail situation if i don't know the mechancis like in rimworld?
is it harder than rimworld?

I'm very tempted to give it a try despite not having sale.
Asking here too:

How many free cards could someone have earned by now? I got 13 in total, friend of mine got 12. Kinda confused. Did they change the time when the discovery queue resets?
Did any of you by something. you get a card for every 10 USD

Kiru

Oct 25, 2017
I know very little about Chinese xianxia mythology so i'm very intrigued by this.
Is the game hard? as in do I easily get into a fail situation if i don't know the mechancis like in rimworld?
is it harder than rimworld?

I'm very tempted to give it a try despite not having sale.

Did any of you by something. you get a card for every 10 USD
Didn't buy anything yet.

Tater

Oct 30, 2017
Teardown is my game of the year. It's more than just about destroying stuff, but it definitely has that. Also, be sure you've got a mid range to high range computer for Teardown. It uses raytracing whether or not you have an RTX card or not.

It's the one game I picked up so far, and it's really fun! Was trying to break into a building by throwing propane canisters, and started a fire I wasn't able to put out... until I realized I had set the whole building on fire, not just the second floor.

FWIW, I'm running a 2500K and a 1080, and it runs great for me at 1440

Deleted member 32615

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 12, 2017
Picked up a few more games

Star Wars Jedi - Fallen Order
Star Wars Squadrons
Red Dead Redemption 2
Yakuza 7
Elder Scrolls V Skyrim

That's it for me, if I buy anything else it'll be Immortals on EGS and Blade Runner on GOG

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Bought AI: SF and Squadrons. Does the latter just use a Xbox One controller for VR? There is no proper VR controller support?

Blade30

Oct 26, 2017
I got Sekiro, Nier Automata and Sherlock Holmes: The Devil's Daughter plus Yakuza Kiwami 2 (via Fanatical). I think that's about it.

daninthemix

Nov 2, 2017
Just placed a big order (~ £400, most of which was gifted) and now my Steam wishlist is lower than its ever been - just 10 games, most of which aren't out until next year.

Gigi A

Oct 26, 2017
Austin, TX
I'll be grabbing:

- Battlechasers: Nightwar
- Dark Light
- Doom Eternal Deluxe Edition
- Little Nightmares
- Lost Planet: Extreme Conditions
- Metro Exodus
- Portal 1 & 2
- RUINER
- Sunset Overdrive
- Tales of Berseria
- Tell Me Why
- The Suicide of Rachel Foster
- Yakuza 0

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
thought about buying fallout 3 on steam to use on TTW
but the GOG versions are far less of a hassle for modding, specially something on the scope of TTW
but then i dont want to give CDPR money

what a conundrum

Status
Not open for further replies.