• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Krvavi Abadas

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Videoland
Note: I searched and it didn't seem like this was posted yet, so sorry if i somehow missed it.

For the past few months we've been busy working on significant improvements and additions to the Steam Curator system. There's still some work to be done before we can roll these out, but we wanted to share a bit about why we see Steam Curators as a crucial component to exploring Steam, and what changes we're making.
- Steam

Short version is basically...
  • Curators you're following are going to get more prominence on the store, for example, searching a specific genre will list games in said genre your curators have recommended.
  • Even if you're not following any Curators, they're still updating the recommendation engine to make it more helpful.
  • The curators themselves will now be able to embed videos, create multiple lists of games, view graphs showing how their recs are shaping sales, and be able to receive games directly from the devs.
A lot of this stuff was known to be in the pipeline for a while, but the release date is new. A closed beta for these features (with zero NDAs) was supposed to start today. But it doesn't seem like there's any impressions yet.

Dohma

Oct 27, 2017
I literally have no idea what the fuck the curator system even is. Is it just like a group who recommends games?