• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SteamERA GOTY results on Saturday 27th January at 23:00 GMT - Will MRORANGE deliver?

• Yes!

Votes: 51 22.1%
  • Nope.

Votes: 19 8.2%
  • We should probably get morningbus to do it again.

Votes: 45 19.5%
  • Yes, in like 9 months.

Votes: 47 20.3%
  • Who cares? It's all rigged if Zelda: BOTW doesn't win.

Votes: 69 29.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

JLP101

Oct 25, 2017
Steam guage is shutting down :( Would love to see Valve incorporate the features directly into the steam client itself.

Nabs

Oct 26, 2017
Quake has seriously hooked me. Like, I tried Doom a while back, but it didn't quite get me. Turok was pretty fun, but I had to really pull myself (and cheat to skip those damn jumping puzzles) to finish it. Quake's really dense levels and more dynamic enemies are just fun for me.

Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.
Massive forum update underway.

Deleted member 134

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I love stuff like this so much. A game that's been out for 10 years has a wild bug that's apparently never been discovered because it's so obtuse and it's busted out as proof that a guy worked on the series.

DS4fGp2VQAAZxI2.jpg:large
This is awesome. And I am also glad the inside consensus is that Infinite sucks.

Deleted member 2585

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wait what the fuck

So I rolled back my GPU drivers and I'm still getting artifacts on Vivaldi and GeForce Experience (don't have Chrome installed anymore).

Then I tried moving my Vivaldi window from my main monitor to my second monitor.

Monitor 1 (main):
yuzhlz.png

Monitor 2:
ewfbau.png

I'm using a single GTX 1060 with a Ryzen 1600 (no integrated GPU).

GeForce Experience has artifacts on both screens.

I don't know what's going on. Any ideas?

I'm just going to uninstall/reinstall the GPU driver and see what happens.

Edit:
No GPU driver, everything seems to work fine.

Edit 2:
Reinstalled drivers, seems to be working as intended. Fingers crossed!

Last edited:

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
OK KO Let's Play Heroes is releasing Jan. 23rd onto PS4, there isn't a Steam page yet but I'm hoping this won't be another Steven Universe situation :V

I should catch up on the show over the next couple of days.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
I really like this new(ish) trend of developpers updating the Steam art for their game when there's a new update but man... There should be a rule to force them to at always include the title on it... This new Dead Cells image is super confusing and doesn't mean shit in the middle of my Steam library...

QyI4Ezy.png

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
holy crap, I already liked LiEat but the last chapter elevates the whole thing to something really special. That was fantastic overall, totally unexpected. Don't let the kinda-rpg maker-ish look of it, much less the HORRIBLE steam store banner (the loli picture of the main character) keep you from playing it. If you got it in that latest humble bundle, go play that shit.

Only takes about 1 hour per chapter so about 3 hours give or take.

Deleted member 15476

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I would take games like Infinite over the vast majority of AAA fps games every day of the week. My ranking of the games is 1>3>>2 mostly because I never got around to replay the second one on the PC, so my only experience with it is on the PS3 with the fantastic Dualshock 3 controller shivers

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
For a game that is 8 years old Brutal Legend looks pretty great, good textures for the era and really pops at 4K. You can tell it had a huge budget.

zkylon

Oct 25, 2017
holy crap, I already liked LiEat but the last chapter elevates the whole thing to something really special. That was fantastic overall, totally unexpected. Don't let the kinda-rpg maker-ish look of it, much less the HORRIBLE steam store banner (the loli picture of the main character) keep you from playing it. If you got it in that latest humble bundle, go play that shit.

Only takes about 1 hour per chapter so about 3 hours give or take.
but the loli main picture banner is what got me interested in the first place

impact

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Tampa
Rayman Origins is reminding me again why we need more level based platformers. Everything is damn roguelike or metroidvania or both!

Game is gorgeous too. Ubisoft sometimes is pretty amazing.

Mad

Oct 25, 2017
Mr Shifty starts out fun then sort of turns into garbage by getting rid of what makes it fun in the first half of the game. I beat it just to say I beat it but I am never going to play it again. I am glad I didn't pull the trigger on buying it during the winter sale I would of been sad about that.

Branson

Oct 27, 2017
Just started AC: Origins to see how it runs on my computer and great googly moogly that is a pretty game.

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
I love stuff like this so much. A game that's been out for 10 years has a wild bug that's apparently never been discovered because it's so obtuse and it's busted out as proof that a guy worked on the series.

DS4fGp2VQAAZxI2.jpg:large
Ahhh hahaha. Shade immortalized in game format. I need to get back to Bio2, I found it the best of the series but still have not completed it till now. Is the remastered version better or stick to old version? The old version had wonky mkb support but ran well from what I remember.

Oh mannnn not steam, but Yakuza 0 and Nier Automata are $24 each at Best Buy with GCU. What deals.
1451158393386.gif

Steam games ONLY!

cyba89

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I really like this new(ish) trend of developpers updating the Steam art for their game when there's a new update but man... There should be a rule to force them to at always include the title on it... This new Dead Cells image is super confusing and doesn't mean shit in the middle of my Steam library...

QyI4Ezy.png

I hate that trend. Especially when it says something like "holiday update out now!" and then it never gets updated again.
Same with Team Fortress 2 were it's Jungle Inferno update front and center now with the update being out for almost 3 months already.

Don't like ugly banners on the icon like Civ VI "new expansion out soon!" either.

Worst offenders were when Paradox made all their icons grey and during the Darksiders 3 announcement when all the other games suddenly had DS3 art on their icon.

Nabs

Oct 26, 2017
I don't know if OmniBus is worth it, but it's $1.24 because I own everything in the bundle. I think I'll check it out.

Some other Devolver games are on sale (Titan Soul, HLM1/2, SSR3/RE, Talos, and Broforce).

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Jim Sterling really likes to remind me why i am mostly ignoring him.

On the more on-topic side i am kinda stuck on Cuphead. That damn robot boss is so annoying in 3rd phase. I am kinda getting old for these kind of games. I am still stubborn and i will finish it but doing things over and over again to remember patterns is kinda wasting time. That is why i love story driven games (linear and non-linear).

matimeo

UI/UX Game Industry Veteran
Verified
Oct 26, 2017

QyI4Ezy.png

I hate this because I like to control my interface and how it looks.
Thank goodness for custom grid art.

Some devs have a good sense of design and can pull this off , most can't.
This could be fixed on the platform side by Valve however, with a optional custom overlay.

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
This is awesome. And I am also glad the inside consensus is that Infinite sucks.
The beginning and ending bit is nice. It's only everything in between that feels like a roller coaster of middling to terrible shooter design. Not sure why Levine spent 5 years on this game. Feels like wasted time. Then again, I think Infinite did end up making bank in the end.

zkylon

Oct 25, 2017
mIgsIjv.jpg

just finished blackwell epiphany, the last entry in the series

i always like these games, this neo noir ghost whisperer thing with charming leads, fun mysteries and generally pleasant and unobtrusive point-and-click adventure trappings, all sort of works, unevenly sometimes, but it works

this last game might be the best one, it's not perfect because maybe this series didn't need a big bombastic ending with explanations for everything, but it tries and mostly succeeds at it (tho kind of very clumsily hehe), while having a fun mystery of its own. i'm still kind of unsure of what the jocelyn bits were about, but i don't have the freshest of memories on what happened on the other games so that might be some references i'm missing. i wish we saw more of her tbh, she was great and would make a cool lead for a spinoff or something.

hope to see something new from wadjet eye soon, these games were great and i'm confident whatever they make going forward will be great too

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
mIgsIjv.jpg

just finished blackwell epiphany, the last entry in the series

i always like these games, this neo noir ghost whisperer thing with charming leads, fun mysteries and generally pleasant and unobtrusive point-and-click adventure trappings, all sort of works, unevenly sometimes, but it works

this last game might be the best one, it's not perfect because maybe this series didn't need a big bombastic ending with explanations for everything, but it tries and mostly succeeds at it (tho kind of very clumsily hehe), while having a fun mystery of its own. i'm still kind of unsure of what the jocelyn bits were about, but i don't have the freshest of memories on what happened on the other games so that might be some references i'm missing. i wish we saw more of her tbh, she was great and would make a cool lead for a spinoff or something.

hope to see something new from wadjet eye soon, these games were great and i'm confident whatever they make going forward will be great too
Their next game is Unavowed which is releasing this year
http://store.steampowered.com/app/336140/Unavowed/
header.jpg

Deleted member 1055

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thats not entirely true though. They may focus on new titles but their focus on old stuff has not stopped fully, after all they recently made a patch for the old SW Battlefront 2.
I don't think we disagree, it's just that we just mean different things when we talk about GOG's "focus".
They are obviously still going to work on and release old titles, but it should be clear from their rebranding and release schedule that this is a much, much smaller part of their business model than before. That is what I mean when I say that GOG no longer focuses on old games, and that old games seems unlikely to become their focus in the future (to the exclusion of new games, as KainXVIII hoped).

Kudo

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure if this is the right place to ask this but I'm sure people here are quite knowledgeable about PC parts too.

Thinking about upgrading my 6700K to 8700K, probably a bad idea, or rather waste of money?
Is there any, well, sorry to use Apple-lingo here but "Space Gray"(basically Dark Gray aluminum) computer cases with good build quality and features?
Thanks.

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
Condemned took a sudden turn in difficulty. Im now dealing with library book shelf sneaking bitches taking cheap shots at me and whittling my HP as well regular 3 man crack team of hobos cutting my routes and cornering me into vulnerable spots. Still the upside is you get to see top of the line monster-on-monster fights. I saw one guy take a rebar to the head from his hobo friends and do a 180 trading places with his head and feet while maintaining verticality.

Oct 25, 2017
Taiwan

Well to be fair, when I see the word battlegrounds I get nostalgia from old MMO's (like World of Warcraft). I mean it was called battlegrounds and came out a long time ago (still ingame).

Also its a F2P game that runs smoooth..so who knows lol. Need to be on top of that lead train as much as possible.

It would be interesting to see all the youngins and their though on the world battlegrounds (without the paladins or PUBG connection maybe).

AHA-Lambda

Oct 25, 2017
Mr Shifty starts out fun then sort of turns into garbage by getting rid of what makes it fun in the first half of the game. I beat it just to say I beat it but I am never going to play it again. I am glad I didn't pull the trigger on buying it during the winter sale I would of been sad about that.

Yeah many people including myself would agree with that.
I enjoyed it but the end of the game is a big nosedive, the difficulty just gets plain silly.

Oct 27, 2017
Hey everyone,

as most of those games are on Steam as well, I figured this thread with all cool recently released Indies is proooobably in your interest:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/indie-games-january-2018-new-era-new-year-newest-releases.14783/

Also listing some cool upcoming stuff again obviously.
wGUtKPh.jpg

Would love to see some of you guys over there!
Thanks for your hard work, Toma. :)
As usual, I added a few more games to my wishlist after going through your list.

AHA-Lambda

Oct 25, 2017
Jim Sterling really likes to remind me why i am mostly ignoring him.

On the more on-topic side i am kinda stuck on Cuphead. That damn robot boss is so annoying in 3rd phase. I am kinda getting old for these kind of games. I am still stubborn and i will finish it but doing things over and over again to remember patterns is kinda wasting time. That is why i love story driven games (linear and non-linear).

Yeah...
I do like Jim on the whole, I appreciate his commentary on the industry from a consumer perspective, but he's wearing thin now for a few reasons, especially when it comes to his stupid stances on Steam.

A comment like that is just plain unnecessary (and oddly timed? Legends is rather old), Ubi had a good 2017 all things considered and have stood head and shoulders above EA and ATVI on any bad news.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.