• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SteamERA GOTY results on Saturday 27th January at 23:00 GMT - Will MRORANGE deliver?

• Yes!

Votes: 51 22.1%
  • Nope.

Votes: 19 8.2%
  • We should probably get morningbus to do it again.

Votes: 45 19.5%
  • Yes, in like 9 months.

Votes: 47 20.3%
  • Who cares? It's all rigged if Zelda: BOTW doesn't win.

Votes: 69 29.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 2585

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can't wait for the Devs to return to Natural Selection (one can hope).

They always had trouble keeping Natural Selection alive, though, right? I remember the NS2 community kind dying a few years after release - they tried implementing that Team deathmatch mode, but it didn't really help overall numbers IIRC (and I didn't keep up with up, but I assume the dedicated fanbase didn't play it).

Kind of a shame, NS + NS2 were really fun and unique games.

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
2B would win the much coveted waifu of the year award for sure.

1. 2B
2. Chloe Price
3. Rachel Amber
4. JUST MONIKA
5. Morathi

Ascheroth

Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait to get back into Subnautica once 1.0 hits.
Jesus, this releases too doesn't it.

Just did some reflection on what my next gaming plans are earlier and arrived at something like this:

Looking at my library of unplayed or unfinished RPGs I could probably get by without buying a single game this entire year.
Alas, there are Falcom games coming to PC, so there's at least 3 I'll get day 1 on principle:

Zwei Eins
: coming... next week?
Cold Steel 2: February or March probably
Ys: Memories of Celceta: coming sometime this year.

List of games I should consider playing before buying other shiny new games:

Dungeon Siege: own all three of them. Played DS1 as a kid and loved it, but have never finished it. Never played DS2, finished DS3 with one character at least.
Gothic: own all of them. Started 1 sometime last year, played 2 as a kid but never properly finished it, never played 3 and 4.
Risen: I have 1 and 3, lol. Once again, started 1 once but never completed it.
Divinity: Original Sin 1: started it last year, in the first town.
Pillars of Eternity: started it last year as well, in the first town.
Spellforce: own 1 Platinum and 2 Gold. Haven't played 2 yet. My last Spellforce Platinum save is from 2013 and apparently I was actually fairly close to the end (of Order of Dawn at least).
Really don't want to restart after ~40 hours so I guess I'll suck it up and just continue, maybe look for a quick refresher. After Berseria though.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
In other news, Spain and Portugal are now going to be mostly part of france due to their weakness. Have fun!
(still salty those regions that already have a lot of detail get a second rework while spain and portugal that were some of the most important countries of the time are the same as vanilla,only getting slight buffs from era specific stuff)
Hope they rework the dutch revolution events, they tend to be a mess

Ganado

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Got a mail from Degica with the title "Hatsune Miku Rhythm Action Game coming to VR!" andthislink that doesn't work at the moment.

sprinkles

Oct 25, 2017
They always had trouble keeping Natural Selection alive, though, right? I remember the NS2 community kind dying a few years after release - they tried implementing that Team deathmatch mode, but it didn't really help overall numbers IIRC (and I didn't keep up with up, but I assume the dedicated fanbase didn't play it).

Kind of a shame, NS + NS2 were really fun and unique games.
The time they released that TDM mode was my last time with NS2 too. I really have to hop in for a few rounds again, I will always have fond memories of NS1&2.

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
In other news, Spain and Portugal are now going to be mostly part of france due to their weakness. Have fun!
(still salty those regions that already have a lot of detail get a second rework while spain and portugal that were some of the most important countries of the time are the same as vanilla,only getting slight buffs from era specific stuff)
Hope they rework the dutch revolution events, they tend to be a mess

That's true, Spain and Portugal are long overdue for a fix up. But at least there's an opportunity to work on the Dutch Revolution event now, which I can't remember ever working tbh.

I expect a good showing for Prey! :D

No one else seems to appreciate it after all :(

I enjoyed it, but nowhere near as much as Dishonoured 2, which was my GOTY. It might get 5th place on my list.

Lain

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A quick look into the Upcoming tab shows this interesting little game
header.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/715650/The_Endless_Journey/

Hope it gets English supoort down the line.

It already has English support (subs and interface). Need to see the level of quality of that English support tho.

Hektor

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deutschland
Now we know who the two people in call of duties win10store lobby were

So many haters are giving me a nice incentive to buy it. Maybe this time i actually manage to finish It.

Maybe even buy a second copy to my sister. Can you gift on the windows store?

Exactly.
Buying it in the MS Store will be twice as fun because it will piss off a lot of people in this thread :)

Those are some A grade victims man lmao

Wok

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
France
I2wiVVR.png

i remembered i have a 2tb hdd and installed a bunch of random games i would like playing at some point. i probably won't play any of those cos they're super long but i'm leaving them installed if i ever feel the itch to give them an honest shot

I see two GOTY 2017 on the second row.

This is mine. You will notice the banner of Hollow Knight has changed!

Deleted member 15476

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Since we are posting steam grids, this is my desktop one:

E3ls4uy.png

A bit less varied than I would like. I have also replaced some horrible grid pictures.

Deleted member 3897

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What do I need to buy to get all the SFV content? Arcade Edition or just the DLC (character passes)?

I already own SFV btw.

Kudo

Oct 25, 2017
Nier Automata is so expensive everywhere.. Bit cheaper for PS4 which is fine for me but would have to wait for delivery until next week, woe.

C4rter

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I'm featuring removed games on my profile page. I wanted to switch FUEL with Reservoir Dogs: Bloody Days but somehow I'm not able to do that. When I'm searching for the game in the showcase search field, it's not showing up.
But it works with the other removed games.
That's my profile: http://steamcommunity.com/id/c4rter/

DocDeltree

Jan 4, 2018
List of games I should consider playing before buying other shiny new games:

Dungeon Siege: own all three of them. Played DS1 as a kid and loved it, but have never finished it. Never played DS2, finished DS3 with one character at least.
Gothic: own all of them. Started 1 sometime last year, played 2 as a kid but never properly finished it, never played 3 and 4.
Risen: I have 1 and 3, lol. Once again, started 1 once but never completed it.
Divinity: Original Sin 1: started it last year, in the first town.
Pillars of Eternity: started it last year as well, in the first town.
Spellforce: own 1 Platinum and 2 Gold. Haven't played 2 yet. My last Spellforce Platinum save is from 2013 and apparently I was actually fairly close to the end (of Order of Dawn at least).
Really don't want to restart after ~40 hours so I guess I'll suck it up and just continue, maybe look for a quick refresher. After Berseria though.

Dungeon Siege: They have probably aged far worse than you think. Since you already loved DS1 and finished 3, maybe just keep the good memories and let them be.
Gothic: If you want to save time and only want to play one Gothic, got straight to Gothic 2 + Add-On (Gold Edition), but I highly suggest to play Gothic 1 first, it makes you appreciate Gothic 2 even more (plus you'll get goosebumps at one point in G2). Definitely skip 3 and Arcania, waste of time.
Risen: If you really have to play a Risen game, play the first and mayyybe the 3rd.
Divinity: Original Sin 1: You should should definitely play and finish this game!
Pillars of Eternity: It's good, especially with the Add-Ons, but not a must-play.
Spellforce: I never really liked the SpellForce games, but I suggest playing all the other mentioned RPGs first and by the time you're finished, SpellForce 3 is hopefully patched up and you can dive right in.

Ascheroth

Oct 25, 2017
Dungeon Siege: They have probably aged far worse than you think. Since you already loved DS1 and finished 3, maybe just keep the good memories and let them be.
Gothic: If you want to save time and only want to play one Gothic, got straight to Gothic 2 + Add-On (Gold Edition), but I highly suggest to play Gothic 1 first, it makes you appreciate Gothic 2 even more (plus you'll get goosebumps at one point in G2). Definitely skip 3 and Arcania, waste of time.
Risen: If you really have to play a Risen game, play the first and mayyybe the 3rd.
Divinity: Original Sin 1: You should should definitely play and finish this game!
Pillars of Eternity: It's good, especially with the Add-Ons, but not a must-play.
Spellforce: I never really liked the SpellForce games, but I suggest playing all the other mentioned RPGs first and by the time you're finished, SpellForce 3 is hopefully patched up and you can dive right in.
Thanks for the thoughts. I'll keep it in mind :)

bobnowhere

Oct 26, 2017
Elsewhere for 8 minutes
I'm featuring removed games on my profile page. I wanted to switch FUEL with Reservoir Dogs: Bloody Days but somehow I'm not able to do that. When I'm searching for the game in the showcase search field, it's not showing up.

I can't add it either. I assume because it's been completely removed from steam and steam no longer has any business relationship with the devs.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia

Games that have been removed from the web API master app list can't be displayed on profiles.

Deleted member 8106

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Odd it is owned by its pub/dev
If it is a remaster thatd be cool esp if the remaster fixes the whack pc ver
Probably if it's a remaster, it will be multiplatform. But they really should change the engine and tweaking a LOT of stuff, since the one we have on PC and PS3 is already a remastered and it looks worse than the original.

Anyway here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E24y00x1qWw

A ten minutes video about Survive single-player.

Deleted member 1759

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Europe
Is anyone else getting this error message when trying to buy something from cdkeys: "Your payment was declined by the payment processor." ? It doesn't matter whether I'm logged in or not. I've tried using PayPal (two different bank accounts + credit card) and Sofort as payment methods. The error message sounds like it's PayPal/Sofort is declining the payment but they both work fine for other stuff.

Am I blacklisted on cdkeys or something?

C4rter

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I can't add it either. I assume because it's been completely removed from steam and steam no longer has any business relationship with the devs.

Games that have been removed from the web API master app list can't be displayed on profiles.

Thanks. That's harsh :-(.
Could somebody still add it to their account via a Steam key?

Is anyone else getting this error message when trying to buy something from cdkeys: "Your payment was declined by the payment processor." ? It doesn't matter whether I'm logged in or not. I've tried using PayPal (two different bank accounts + credit card) and Sofort as payment methods. The error message sounds like it's PayPal/Sofort is declining the payment but they both work fine for other stuff.

Am I blacklisted on cdkeys or something?

I have that every time I purchase stuff on CDKeys but it still works and I can place the order regardless. They always get the money.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Unexplored must have changed something a while back. Cleared floors seem to respawn enemies when you revisit them, which is something I don't remember happening before. It makes moving around a lot more difficult when you take the wrong path, and eats up a lot of potions.

And man... never wear the Goblin Butcher's unidentified leather jerkin. It's Of Hunger, which means you eat a ration--automatically--every minute, whether you need one or not. If the lack of healing items doesn't kill you, the rush to uncurse yourself will.

I'm also still playing Civ6 and it's still a blast. The one-unit-per-tile combat really shines this time around, thanks to how promotions and unit strength levels work. Logistics, terrain, and even tactical maneuvering can play a big role in how an individual battle turns out. Militaristic civs with experienced units will have a huge edge on others, but fortified cities are still really tough to crack and require a lot of foresight to take down. The XP and promotions are great this time around, feeling significant without OP; it's really cool shepherding a unit through the ages as it promotes and gets upgraded.

The best part? It has an XCOM-style "unit gets a nickname after the second promotion" thing going on.

zeknurn

Oct 25, 2017
Fine fine Steam. I guess I'll finally be bothered to contact your support to recover an over 10 year old throwaway Steam account that I created to host SvenCoop servers. I don't care for it but the Steam Guard emails of someone trying to login to it are getting more frequent and that's annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.