• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SteamERA GOTY results on Saturday 27th January at 23:00 GMT - Will MRORANGE deliver?

• Yes!

Votes: 51 22.1%
  • Nope.

Votes: 19 8.2%
  • We should probably get morningbus to do it again.

Votes: 45 19.5%
  • Yes, in like 9 months.

Votes: 47 20.3%
  • Who cares? It's all rigged if Zelda: BOTW doesn't win.

Votes: 69 29.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
F6C28BFB5E93F7C3E651BA0D14BC59A4515D3FDC

The closes thing we'll ever get to a new Darkstalker.

That background is so pretty.

Deleted member 8106

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I started World to the West and it's a surprisingly good game, I'm having a lot of fun with it.
Maybe it's one of the best Zelda-like titles you can find on Pc.

zkylon

Oct 25, 2017
That was my main problem with Zelda as well. For all the good it did withimplementing so many changes they totally forgot to do anything with the combat. I am not asking for Souls combat, but at least do something more interesting. Which is why it made my top 10 but definitely not first place last year. With good combat it might have.
i think the combat is for the most part fine, it just doesn't hold up so well for 50+ hours. i think if they did more weapon variety it might have? like there's a lot of unique weapons but i think i'd rather have more weapon classes and more difference between weapons under the same class (say a scimitar behaves the same way a broadsword), just a little bit of that stuff you know

JLP101

Oct 25, 2017
Right-o then next up on my PnC backlog are
Gabe Knight 20th ann.
Golins trilogy
Sam and Max TT series
Still Life 2

Then it's back to playing through my Steam PnC backlog, and after that I'll go back play the Sierra Adventure games I got over the past sales.

Avoid Still Life 2......trust me on this. Read my steam review if you want.

Aaron D.

Oct 25, 2017
Finished Steamworld Dig 2 over the weekend.

Just under 30 hrs. with all secrets found.

Damn that world feels so good to move around in. Great visuals and soundtrack too.

Ended kind of abruptly though.

Would have made my GOTY Top 10 if I played it earlier.

Hektor

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deutschland
Try at your own peril but I find that holding your mouse in the left hand off the table and then mashing the defective mouse button like a mad man with your right hand finger for 3 secs gets the job done. I manage to make the problem go away for at least a few months before it comes back again.
I've done similar in the past on my G700 and it worked a treat: http://zalbee.intricus.net/2014/02/how-i-fixed-my-logitech-g500-mouse/

You can also get away with just adding a bit of tape to the switch but the above is a much better solution depending on what the issue is.

Thanks for the Info you both but that was more of a general comment,. I don't own one anymore sadly, since they went our of production.

Finished Steamworld Dig 2 over the weekend.

Just under 30 hrs. with all secrets found.

Damn that world feels so good to move around in. Great visuals and soundtrack too.

Ended kind of abruptly though.

Would have made my GOTY Top 10 if I played it earlier.

30 hours?!?
CD99662FD602D9F6CF976C6A6818E75604A6FD92

Kinda wish the games would focus more on the mining and upgrade grinding aspect, while the occasional platforming passage is cool, the games both go full platformer in the second half.

A mix of the mining and stardew valley would be nice.

Aaron D.

Oct 25, 2017
Oh man, wish I'd taken a screen-grab of my end-game stats.

Guess I could redo the final boss if I wanted it that badly.

But yeah, I found mining for gems and looking out for secrets to be an amazing aspect of the game. So relaxing.

As I said, the world is a joy to traverse. Esp. after you get some good navigation upgrades.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
FF12's combat hurts me. It's like Baldur's Gate with Skyrim's UI and it doesn't work well at all. It'd be better as the action game they clearly wanted it to be.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
I thought that SNK Heroines thing was a casual fighter targeted at girls when I saw it on the Nintendo direct. Boy was I wrong!

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
Daily reminder that the only thing wrong with incest are the implications of power dynamics between family members, "retarded kids" are easily avoidable.

Stay woke my friends.

Best Final Fantasy on Steam in 4 days. *squee*
10 and 6 have been on steam for a while now. We're just missing Tactics now.

C4rter

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Thanks for the Info you both but that was more of a general comment,. I don't own one anymore sadly, since they went our of production.

30 hours?!?
CD99662FD602D9F6CF976C6A6818E75604A6FD92

Kinda wish the games would focus more on the mining and upgrade grinding aspect, while the occasional platforming passage is cool, the games both go full platformer in the second half.

A mix of the mining and stardew valley would be nice.

Took me almost 9. But I don't know what I would do 30 hours in this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.