• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SteamERA GOTY results on Saturday 27th January at 23:00 GMT - Will MRORANGE deliver?

• Yes!

Votes: 51 22.1%
  • Nope.

Votes: 19 8.2%
  • We should probably get morningbus to do it again.

Votes: 45 19.5%
  • Yes, in like 9 months.

Votes: 47 20.3%
  • Who cares? It's all rigged if Zelda: BOTW doesn't win.

Votes: 69 29.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
Why isn't every game on steam on switch, stupid devs

One day until XII super port which I'll play for 30hours and then not touch for 5 years woot.

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
I'm super bummed there have been no terrorist's law or space moor caliber threads on resetera. Everyone is too normal outside of the standard warriors.

Deleted member 15476

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I have to give it to nintendo. I expected to use the NS only for exclusives but they managed to convince me to buy multiplatform indies like Celeste or Hollow Knight on there from now on (something that neither XBONE nor PS4 would ever achieve).

On the pc related stuff, ELEX (gog) has been pretty fun for the first 2 hours, despite the glorious jank.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Northgard, a title that was a great surprise for me last year, got a price increased, as it was announced in the early days of its early access release.

By the way, I have to admit that I'm certainly surprised reading the amount of copies it has sold during its first 10 months of early access.

What I also found interesting was that Steamspy estimated around 425k copies sold about that date.
Interestingly, it only went from IDR 135999 to 139999 here.

Anyway, is it normal for an early access game to increase their price before getting out of early access?

PARANOiA

Oct 25, 2017
Bought NiOh and I can finally confirm I dont like Dark Souls type game

Strongly recommend sticking with it until at least the second boss, after getting to choose your weapon. I can't get into Souls games - I've tried repeatedly and just can't do it - but Nioh has me hooked.

Best way to describe it is a mix between Ninja Gaiden Black and Diablo. There's a lot of Souls mechanics underneath like losing XP but the gameplay loop is very rewarding. I couldn't deal with the monotony of Souls, playing the same bit over and over, but I really love the moment to moment combat of Nioh past the castle tutorial.

SnakeyHips

Oct 31, 2017
Wales
Strongly recommend sticking with it until at least the second boss, after getting to choose your weapon. I can't get into Souls games - I've tried repeatedly and just can't do it - but Nioh has me hooked.

Best way to describe it is a mix between Ninja Gaiden Black and Diablo. There's a lot of Souls mechanics underneath like losing XP but the gameplay loop is very rewarding. I couldn't deal with the monotony of Souls, playing the same bit over and over, but I really love the moment to moment combat of Nioh past the castle tutorial.
Yeah the beginning of Nioh doesn't do the game justice. It's much more fun once you've unlocked new moves and understand how the game works. If anything, the game actually becomes pretty easy once you get past the beginning so isn't that much like a Dark Souls game in that respect.

PARANOiA

Oct 25, 2017
Yep it gets much easier after mission three. Once I understood Ki and stamina (keep armour weight below 70% so it's green) and put 10 points in spirit to unlock proper guardian passives things got a whole lot more fun.

SnakeyHips

Oct 31, 2017
Wales
Yep it gets much easier after mission three. Once I understood Ki and stamina (keep armour weight below 70% so it's green) and put 10 points in spirit to unlock proper guardian passives things got a whole lot more fun.
No to mention unlocking the parry and backstab moves. Still found it weird those moves weren't as standard but I guess it forces you to try out the unique mechanics like Ki and stances rather than just playing it like Dark Souls from the get go.

BlueOdin

Oct 26, 2017
Why do Jim Sterling threads feel like something similar to things I would see in the comments of alt-right news articles/videos?

Anyway, what are the existential Stellaris DLCs? Been interested in it for quite some time but I don't know what I should get. I know that there is an expansion coming up and thought about getting that in a sale. Please don't say everything.

KainXVIII

Oct 26, 2017
No to mention unlocking the parry and backstab moves. Still found it weird those moves weren't as standard but I guess it forces you to try out the unique mechanics like Ki and stances rather than just playing it like Dark Souls from the get go.
Which are most rewarding and fun weapons in Nioh? Also i don't know anything about magic - its like supportive or i need to specialize only on it?

SnakeyHips

Oct 31, 2017
Wales
Which are most rewarding and fun weapons in Nioh? Also i don't know anything about magic - its like supportive or i need to specialize only on it?
Personally I found the single swords and odachis to be the most fun but you'll get quite a lot of the other weapons as you play so worth trying them out to see which you prefer. These kind of games are always great at having a good variety of weapons which any player can enjoy.

I didn't really bother with magic either apart from getting a weapon buff for each element as you'll find later on levels can have an element theme, like an ice level for example, and so the buffs can give you a little edge.

Tart Toter 9K

Oct 25, 2017
The kusari-gama was my favourite weapon. It excels in long and short range combat with it's unique move-set making it perfect for a hit and run playstyle. It's also really good at applying status effects with low stance light attacks.

Status effects in Nioh are very strong so i do recommend using some magic and ninjitsu. They are pretty much free to use and you dont need to invest many points in their stats.

Deleted member 3888

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
lunar new year giveaway, not available in taiwan/hk

JobeC4f.png

Deleted member 3700

Oct 25, 2017
I am so happy right now as Xenoblade 2 shipped 1 million. Every JRPG and JP anime lover should play that game.

Talking about JRPG, Feb and Mar seems to have a great selection of games. Ni no Kuni II looks really good.

Hesemonni

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lately I've been travelling a lot on the train with my laptop. I need suggestion for games you can play on a laptop WITHOUT mouse (or with little trackpad use)!

What I've played/play:

Momodora:Reverie Under the Moonlight
Spelunky
House of the Dead Ninjas

Thx!

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
Lately I've been travelling a lot on the train with my laptop. I need suggestion for games you can play on a laptop WITHOUT mouse (or with little trackpad use)!

What I've played/play:

Spelunky
House of the Dead Ninjas

Thx!
If you like adventure games, there is The Cat Lady and its kinda-but-not-really sequel Downfall. They are 2D games, so performance should not be a issue, and they are adventures without point and click, you just walk in a 2D map, and find items by walking up to them.

yuraya

Oct 25, 2017
Talking about JRPG, Feb and Mar seems to have a great selection of games. Ni no Kuni II looks really good.

Kind of sucks they are all releasing kinda close together. All long games too.

I'm gonna get XV and skip NnKII until later in the year probably. And XII until its way lower in the price.

With Monster Hunter coming later in the year and all these other jrpgs including stuff like NioH which released late last year..SteamEra is basically gonna have an entire year long JRPG backlog.

Lain

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Don't know if you guys saw it but there's a thread about a PSblog post where they ask Final Fantasy staff what their favorite FF is.
Here's Toriyama's answer:

Motomu Toriyama
The best: Final Fantasy XIII
Why: Because I can confront any powerful enemy if I'm with Lightning, the strongest heroine.

His obsession with Lightning is something else.
He's right and that's all that matters.

Ascheroth

Oct 25, 2017

What I've played/play:

Spelunky
House of the Dead Ninjas

Thx!
Off the top of my head:
Epistory
LiEat
Undertale
Hollow Knight

Knurek

Oct 26, 2017

What I've played/play:

Spelunky
House of the Dead Ninjas

Thx!
Visual novels usually can be completely controlled with a keyboard.

Deleted member 3700

Oct 25, 2017
Kind of sucks they are all releasing kinda close together. All long games too.

I'm gonna get XV and skip NnKII until later in the year probably. And XII until its way lower in the price.

With Monster Hunter coming later in the year and all these other jrpgs including stuff like NioH which released late last year..SteamEra is basically gonna have an entire year long JRPG backlog.
Yep, pretty much, and I have yet to play Cold Steel. I will probably start playing it when the PC version of Cold Steel 3 comes out, so... maybe around year end?

I am still thinking which JRPG I should play this year, probably replay Xenoblade 2 after the final DLC comes out, and Octapath Traveler which is really promising. As I want to play some PS2 titles, Tales of Destiny Director Cut or Wild Arms After Code F will also be on my list. For Steam, maybe FFX and X-2.

Too many great games. Totally first world problem.

Ascheroth

Oct 25, 2017
It's impossible to keep up with releases at the moment, even if you purely look at JRPGs.
The only new games I plan on getting this year atm are Zwei 1, Cold Steel 2 and Ys Celceta PC. I haven't even played/bought half the games that interested me from last year..

Onliner

Oct 29, 2017
Is there a way to use the controller UI on a game by game basis? I don't want to have to unplug my controller every other game

TheLetdown

Oct 25, 2017

What I've played/play:

Spelunky
House of the Dead Ninjas

Thx!

I played Elliot Quest on a laptop recently and it was great.

Darkest Dungeon requires some trackpadding but it's also a good laptop game. Print out some references, though. Especially the list of curio odds, so you can make some informed risk-reward decisions.

Deleted member 3700

Oct 25, 2017
It's impossible to keep up with releases at the moment, even if you purely look at JRPGs.
The only new games I plan on getting this year atm are Zwei 1, Cold Steel 2 and Ys Celceta PC. I haven't even played/bought half the games that interested me from last year..
This. Too many good games in 2017 and 18. I have absolutely no time to play recent releases like Iconoclasts or Celeste, but they look so good!

mtlspider

Oct 26, 2017
Why isn't every game on steam on switch, stupid devs

One day until XII super port which I'll play for 30hours and then not touch for 5 years woot.

What I've played/play:

Spelunky
House of the Dead Ninjas

Thx!

With talk like this, I am extremely tempted to get a GPD Win 2.

My last console purchase was a Vita and that was mainly a Shiren/Lumines machines.

I think the GPD will do justice to my Steam library.

deltabreak

Oct 29, 2017

What I've played/play:

Spelunky
House of the Dead Ninjas

Thx!
Darkest Dungeon works pretty well on a touchpad.

You can use A and D to move in dungeons. And when fighting you can use the touchpad.

mtlspider

Oct 26, 2017
You can use Moonlight to stream PC to Vita. Might be worth checking out before forking out loads for a GPD Win 2.
I've tried moonlight on my phone for VNs but it's more of the appeal of playing "desktop games" on the go without being tethered to any internet connection.

That being said, thanks a load, I'll give it a shot.
Didn't even come across my mind.

Tonton

Oct 25, 2017
So I'm trying to play Ass Creed Liberation HD windowed but I don't see the option in the game at all?
Is there any way to do this?

Status
Not open for further replies.