• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SteamERA GOTY results on Saturday 27th January at 23:00 GMT - Will MRORANGE deliver?

• Yes!

Votes: 51 22.1%
  • Nope.

Votes: 19 8.2%
  • We should probably get morningbus to do it again.

Votes: 45 19.5%
  • Yes, in like 9 months.

Votes: 47 20.3%
  • Who cares? It's all rigged if Zelda: BOTW doesn't win.

Votes: 69 29.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
China
cool a console game won Steam GOTY

tenor.gif

Didnt Taro say it actually started as an exclusive PC game?

Oct 25, 2017
Devil Halton's Trap
Congrats to all the winners! I really need to get into CRPGs at some point so I can enjoy D:OS II and the rest. And it's good to see we got some Falcom rep on the list (though I feel relatively alone in pushing the Zwei games). Automata's a given, an interesting one considering its technical issues but a given regardless (and it looks awesome anyhow).

OP
OP
MRORANGE

MRORANGE

Nice thread btw :)
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Gq2mts6.png

Welcome to the first SteamEra GOTY awards! This has been an annual neonatal in the old forums started by the community in 2013 and we are now glad it to ResetEra. This award focuses on PC games on Steam that we deemed GOTY worthy as well as best Early Access game and best DLC of the year. While there is a PC category on ResetEra GOTY thread page it is based on multi-platform releases and skews the results quite heavily. So, sit back and relax while you check out the results.

eegv8St.png

• Voting took place in the monthly SteamEra Thread.
  • Up to 5 games were allowed for each person to pick for Steam GOTY.
  • Each game was either awarded between 1 and 5 points in descending order.
  • Games had to be released on Steam in 2017. Games re-released during the year were not allowed.
  • Episodic games were only eligible if the last episode was released in 2016.
  • Early Access and DLC were given separate, optional ballots.
  • Overall the poll turnout was: 152
  • One vote was disqualified.
  • Total points tallied: 2190
  • One game was removed from scoring for not meeting requirements.
  • 133 games were represented
  • Voting was open from January 1st - January 19th.
  • If a user submitted more than one vote, their newest vote was used, and all previous votes were invalidated.
  • If a user voted for the same game multiple times in a single vote, the highest point value was used, and all other points were invalidated.
  • If a game was tied in points the 'average point score' (APS) determined who the winner was.
  • MRORANGE was not allowed to vote in this poll.

Dmbg8Oc.png

fqcVmPw.png

FLD said:
Nier:Automata was unlike any other game I played this year. It's the closest a game has come to recreating what it was like playing MGS2 for the first time. It came out fairly early in the year but even at the time, as soon as I finished it I knew it was my GOTY. It was just that incredible of an experience.
Mitch Omega said:
NieR: Automata is one of the most thought-provoking games I have ever played. The way the game mechanics connect with the story to strike your emotions is something I have never experienced before. Pair that with one of the best soundtracks of all time, and that leaves you with one of the best games ever.
Kiru said:
Overall superb game with amazing gameplay that gets complemented by an emotional roller coaster ride of a story.

FYZo4KM.png

Durante said:
Divinity: OS2 improves in nearly every aspect over its predecessor, which was already an outstanding CRPG. It goes one step further in its strengths (like the intricate battle system or full campaign co-op play) while also mitigating most of its weaknesses (with e.g. a more involving main story and character writing).
kionedrik said:
What can be said about D:OS2 that hasn't already been said? It is the best RPG that came out this year and it's a game that redefined the whole genre. It is a textbook example of what a sequel should be, take the best parts of the original, rework the weaker parts and listen to what the fans said and you get a game that's better in every possible way. It's full of meaningful content not gather some herbs sidequests but actual side plots with interesting characters, it has a large roster of playable characters and/or companions with unique personalities and backstories but it's greatest asset is how open the game is by allowing you to solve any problem in multiple ways. Are those guards too strong and you can't beat them in a fair fight? Perhaps there's a hidden door that will allow you to bypass them or you could sneak past them or you could throw an oil barrel on them and set them on fire or just douse them in water and electrocute them or simply pass a conversation check that will make them friendly. The possibilities are immense and they aren't limited to the main content, every sidequest and puzzle can be solved in multiple ways. It's a fantastic game built for gamers that love these types of games to begin with but accessible to everyone, a testament to great game design and proof that you don't need a multi-million dollar budget to do a masterpiece.
Phinor said:
Player-driven games are my favourite and none better exist than Divinity: Original Sin 2. It's sometimes messy, chaotic and even unpredictable but always shaped by your actions and that's what games do best compared to other media. It's the perfect RPG package with fun and challenging combat that doesn't rely on your reflexes, story that is layered with multiple factions and ways to solve every problem, exploration with actual rewards for both the player and the characters and to top it all of, you can play it in multiplayer should you choose to.

Dodpo7O.png

Teppic said:
Really good Metroidvania. Big, fun world to explore with satisfying combat mechanics.
Amzin said:
Hollow Knight pretty much enchanted me from the start. The art and design is excellent, controls feel good to use, the lore is minimalist in telling but draws me in every morsel I get. It is not without flaw (White Palace, looking at you) but it is so good at being itself. It also captures that evasive element of immersive exploration, where the game is familiar but foreign and you are constantly making discoveries that feel like discoveries. It is probably my favorite or second favorite Metroidvania, sitting at the top with Symphony of the Night, one of the games that spawned the genre.
vermadas said:
"A vast, sprawling world with a dark, oppressive atmosphere. Lethal enemies are frequent, and the boss fights are incredible. You'll meet interesting NPCs throughout the journey, and their dialogue is always endearing.
Hollow Knight is a side-scrolling metroidvania but shares many qualities of a Souls game. While some were turned off by a map system that requires finding an NPC in an area before it can be revealed, I thought it added to the feeling of wandering into the unknown. An area late in the game intersected another subgenre I enjoy: the difficult technical platformer. And it was presented as entirely optional content that was only necessary to see the ""best"" ending.
Hollow Knight is deserving of being in the same conversation in being among the best in its genre."

8GvH6GA.png

Grief.exe said:
"Phenomenal atmosphere, gameplay, and customization. This is the System Shock 2 sequel we never got and they just don't make games of this type or quality anymore.
Experience this game."
Naarmight said:
I am shocked a game that is so janky is just so good. Such a great concept that has taken the world by storm. Nothing quite like the rush in the last few players left alive trying to get that Chicken Dinner. Part of me is tempted to only vote for this game, as frankly it dominated my play time at the expense of everything else.
InquisitorAles said:
Prey is basically System Shock 3. I waited for this game like this for years, it's the main reason why i love gaming.

gbnvLwn.png

Kurt Russell said:
PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS successfully reinvigorated the multiplayer shooter genre with its easy to pick up yet difficult to master mechanics. Gamers from all backgrounds can have a shot at the coveted chicken dinner, and there are no wrong tactics, letting us have fun the way we want.
RoboitoAM said:
100 players fight to the death to become the remaining player(s), alone or in teams. Every match is unique and the tension created by the game is unparalleled. You will die often, but the game allows you to search for a new game almost immediately. You'll grow attached to your gear, but know that a mistake will not erase hours of progress as in other survival games. This is battle royale done right.
spindoctor said:
Quite simply put, no other game can boost your heart rate and get your adrenaline pumping like PUBG does. A product of several years of iteration, the game has a laser focus on it's design and what it wants to achieve. Success is always rewarding and thrilling. Failure is never disheartening as almost every death teaches you something and makes you better at the game. PUBG is easily the most exciting game of 2017.

D0fJlNC.png

Tomasety said:
You either love it or hate it but you can't deny that Cuphead is a true masterpiece of art of videogames.
#Senpai said:
The art and sound direction is amazing, the game is rewarding, and the characters are very memorable.
itsamiracle said:
Cuphead is a game which was developed with a well defined list of design goals in mind and which achieved every single one of them, shattering even the most optimistic expectations. A fantastic first showing from Studio MDHR.

gt9VswP.png

Ascheroth said:
"Basically perfection. There's honestly not a single fault I can find. The characters are great. The writing is great. It can be fun, it can make you tear up, it can also go incredibly dark places when it wants to. The music is great.
It has the best combat of the Sky series and has just the right difficulty on normal. There are 16(!) playable characters, and it's a ton of fun coming up with good strategies and customizing your party."
lazerfox said:
Despite not playing any JRPG since over a decade the Trails in the Sky series managed to pull me back in and allowed me to completely dive into it's fantastic world. The 3rd title shines with 16 playable characters, the best combat and some amazing music.
suikoder said:
It's one of the best dungeon crawl games and some of the best character stories in industry together.

lcXU4Ck.png

Chance Hale said:
One of gaming's most poignant and moving stories is told through a variety of vignettes and gameplay styles that mesh perfectly with the tone while remaining fun to play. Truly in a class of its own.
PARANOiA said:
A poignant example of using the unique narrative capability of video games to tell a small, sharp story. This stood out for me over many other 'walking simulator' games - which I really enjoy - because the short story format just worked so well at explaining the individual stories of the Finch family. There's just so much heart here that big budget games can't compete.
vitormg said:
Great game walking simulator with a compelling story. Have not played many games from this year, but Edith Finch deserves a mention for its high quality.

MAcraqE.png

dot said:
it's better than dino crisis
Erebus said:
At first I was skeptical about the switch to the 1st-person camera perspective but after the first few minutes of my play-through all my fears were gone. The game plays and feels like a genuine RE experience, all the small details are there along with new elements that make it feel fresh but still somehow familiar. Though, the latter half of the game is arguably weaker, it remains the best horror game of the year by far.

2nO6cm4.png

Nobody wrote a review for this game. *shrugs*

4rntYwx.png

UTocAST.png

2cqjgT7.png

mgNtVfW.png

Game of the Year Votes[/B]

1 | Nier Automata (Score: 216 | Votes: 60 | APS: 3.60 )
2 | Divinity: Original Sin II (Score: 189 | Votes: 44 | APS: 4.30 )
3 | Hollow Knight (Score: 184 | Votes: 49 | APS: 3.76 )
4 | Prey (Score: 165 | Votes: 45 | APS: 3.67 )
5 | Player Unknown's Battlegrounds (Score: 115 | Votes: 34 | APS: 3.38 )
6 | Cuphead (Score: 85 | Votes: 30 | APS: 2.83 )
7 | The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky the 3rd (Score: 68 | Votes: 16 | APS: 4.25 )
8 | What Remains of Edith Finch (Score: 58 | Votes: 18 | APS: 3.22 )
9 | Resident Evil VII Biohazard (Score: 57 | Votes: 22 | APS: 2.59 )
10 | Life is Strange: Before the Storm (Score: 55 | Votes: 16 | APS: 3.44 )
11 | Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice (Score: 39 | Votes: 14 | APS: 2.79 )
12 | Wolfenstein 2: The New Colossus (Score: 39 | Votes: 15 | APS: 2.60 )
13 | Sonic Mania (Score: 36 | Votes: 12 | APS: 3.00 )
14 | Nioh: Complete Edition / 仁王 Complete Edition (Score: 34 | Votes: 9 | APS: 3.78 )
15 | Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony (Score: 33 | Votes: 8 | APS: 4.13 )
16 | Assassins Creed Origins (Score: 33 | Votes: 12 | APS: 2.75 )
17 | Evil Within 2 (Score: 33 | Votes: 12 | APS: 2.75 )
18 | Doki Doki Literature Club! (Score: 32 | Votes: 12 | APS: 2.67 )
19 | Bayonetta (Score: 29 | Votes: 11 | APS: 2.64 )
20 | Total War: Warhammer 2 (Score: 28 | Votes: 9 | APS: 3.11 )
21 | Pyre (Score: 25 | Votes: 9 | APS: 2.78 )
22 | Night in the Woods (Score: 24 | Votes: 9 | APS: 2.67 )
23 | A Hat in Time (Score: 22 | Votes: 8 | APS: 2.75 )
24 | Dishonored 2: Death of the Outsider (Score: 22 | Votes: 8 | APS: 2.75 )
25 | Cosmic Star Heroine (Score: 21 | Votes: 7 | APS: 3.00 )
26 | Tekken 7 (Score: 20 | Votes: 7 | APS: 2.86 )
27 | Torment: Tides of Numenera (Score: 19 | Votes: 7 | APS: 2.71 )
28 | The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel (Score: 18 | Votes: 10 | APS: 1.80 )
29 | OKAMI HD / 大神 絶景版 (Score: 17 | Votes: 5 | APS: 3.40 )
30 | Zwei: The Ilvard Insurrection (Score: 17 | Votes: 6 | APS: 2.83 )
31 | ELEX (Score: 16 | Votes: 6 | APS: 2.67 )
32 | SteamWorld Dig 2 (Score: 15 | Votes: 6 | APS: 2.50 )
33 | Nex Machina (Score: 15 | Votes: 7 | APS: 2.14 )
34 | Atelier Sophie: The Alchemist of the Mysterious Book (Score: 14 | Votes: 5 | APS: 2.80 )
35 | Tales of Berseria (Score: 12 | Votes: 4 | APS: 3.00 )
36 | Slime Rancher (Score: 12 | Votes: 5 | APS: 2.40 )
37 | The Sexy Brutale (Score: 12 | Votes: 7 | APS: 1.71 )
38 | Thimbleweed Park (Score: 11 | Votes: 4 | APS: 2.75 )
39 | Unexplored (Score: 10 | Votes: 3 | APS: 3.33 )
40 | Heat Signature (Score: 9 | Votes: 2 | APS: 4.50 )
41 | Rain World (Score: 9 | Votes: 2 | APS: 4.50 )
42 | Killer Instinct (Score: 9 | Votes: 3 | APS: 3.00 )
43 | Umineko When They Cry - Answer Arcs (Score: 9 | Votes: 3 | APS: 3.00 )
44 | Opus Magnum (Score: 9 | Votes: 4 | APS: 2.25 )
45 | Fidel Dungeon Rescue (Score: 8 | Votes: 2 | APS: 4.00 )
46 | Getting Over it with Bennett Foddy (Score: 8 | Votes: 2 | APS: 4.00 )
47 | Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap (Score: 8 | Votes: 2 | APS: 4.00 )
48 | Gorogoa (Score: 8 | Votes: 3 | APS: 2.67 )
49 | Vanquish (Score: 8 | Votes: 3 | APS: 2.67 )
50 | Faeria (Score: 7 | Votes: 2 | APS: 3.50 )
51 | Full Throttle Remastered (Score: 7 | Votes: 2 | APS: 3.50 )
52 | Yooka Laylee (Score: 7 | Votes: 2 | APS: 3.50 )
53 | Snake Pass (Score: 7 | Votes: 3 | APS: 2.33 )
54 | Zero Escape: The Nonary Games (Score: 7 | Votes: 3 | APS: 2.33 )
55 | Tokyo Xanadu eX+ (Score: 7 | Votes: 4 | APS: 1.75 )
56 | Ys SEVEN (Score: 7 | Votes: 4 | APS: 1.75 )
57 | Endless Space® 2 (Score: 6 | Votes: 2 | APS: 3.00 )
58 | Raw Data (Score: 6 | Votes: 2 | APS: 3.00 )
59 | Stories Untold (Score: 6 | Votes: 2 | APS: 3.00 )
60 | Marvel Vs. Capcom Infinite (Score: 6 | Votes: 3 | APS: 2.00 )
61 | Sniper Elite 4 (Score: 6 | Votes: 3 | APS: 2.00 )
62 | BLUE REFLECTION / BLUE REFLECTION 幻に舞う少女の剣 (Score: 5 | Votes: 1 | APS: 5.00 )
63 | Death of the Outsider (Score: 5 | Votes: 1 | APS: 5.00 )
64 | Muv-Luv Alternative (Score: 5 | Votes: 1 | APS: 5.00 )
65 | Red Haze (Score: 5 | Votes: 1 | APS: 5.00 )
66 | EVERSPACE™ (Score: 5 | Votes: 2 | APS: 2.50 )
67 | LEGO City Undercover (Score: 5 | Votes: 2 | APS: 2.50 )
68 | Battle Brothers (Score: 5 | Votes: 3 | APS: 1.67 )
69 | South Park: The fractured but whole (Score: 5 | Votes: 3 | APS: 1.67 )
70 | Dungeons 3 (Score: 4 | Votes: 1 | APS: 4.00 )
71 | Figment (Score: 4 | Votes: 1 | APS: 4.00 )
72 | Meltys Quest (Score: 4 | Votes: 1 | APS: 4.00 )
73 | Rakuen (Score: 4 | Votes: 1 | APS: 4.00 )
74 | Superdimension Neptune VS Sega Hard Girls | 超次元大戦ネプテューヌVSセガハードガールズ夢の合体スペシャル | 超次元大戰戰機少女VS SEGA主機娘夢幻合體特別版 (Score: 4 | Votes: 1 | APS: 4.00 )
75 | Superflight (Score: 4 | Votes: 1 | APS: 4.00 )
76 | RiME (Score: 4 | Votes: 2 | APS: 2.00 )
77 | Rez Infinite (Score: 4 | Votes: 3 | APS: 1.33 )
78 | Black: The Fall (Score: 3 | Votes: 1 | APS: 3.00 )
79 | BlazBlue Centralfiction (Score: 3 | Votes: 1 | APS: 3.00 )
80 | Darkwood (Score: 3 | Votes: 1 | APS: 3.00 )
81 | Finding Paradise (Score: 3 | Votes: 1 | APS: 3.00 )
82 | Hand of Fate 2 (Score: 3 | Votes: 1 | APS: 3.00 )
83 | Injustice 2 (Score: 3 | Votes: 1 | APS: 3.00 )
84 | Stardew Valley (Score: 3 | Votes: 1 | APS: 3.00 )
85 | The End is Nigh (Score: 3 | Votes: 1 | APS: 3.00 )
86 | The Long Dark (Score: 3 | Votes: 1 | APS: 3.00 )
87 | Agents of Mayhem (Score: 3 | Votes: 2 | APS: 1.50 )
88 | Battle Chasers: Nightwar (Score: 3 | Votes: 2 | APS: 1.50 )
89 | Everything (Score: 3 | Votes: 2 | APS: 1.50 )
90 | 東方天空璋 ~ Hidden Star in Four Seasons. (Score: 3 | Votes: 2 | APS: 1.50 )
91 | ARK: Survival Evolved (Score: 2 | Votes: 1 | APS: 2.00 )
92 | Battlerite (Score: 2 | Votes: 1 | APS: 2.00 )
93 | Bleed 2 (Score: 2 | Votes: 1 | APS: 2.00 )
94 | Death Coming (Score: 2 | Votes: 1 | APS: 2.00 )
95 | Friday the 13th: The Game (Score: 2 | Votes: 1 | APS: 2.00 )
96 | Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 (Score: 2 | Votes: 1 | APS: 2.00 )
97 | Paradigm (Score: 2 | Votes: 1 | APS: 2.00 )
98 | Pictopix (Score: 2 | Votes: 1 | APS: 2.00 )
99 | Rising Storm 2: Vietnam (Score: 2 | Votes: 1 | APS: 2.00 )
100 | Steel Division: Normandy 44 (Score: 2 | Votes: 1 | APS: 2.00 )
101 | Tacoma (Score: 2 | Votes: 1 | APS: 2.00 )
102 | Telltale's Guardians of the Galaxy (Score: 2 | Votes: 1 | APS: 2.00 )
103 | The Darkside Detective (Score: 2 | Votes: 1 | APS: 2.00 )
104 | The Infectious Madness of Doctor Dekker (Score: 2 | Votes: 1 | APS: 2.00 )
105 | To The Top (Score: 2 | Votes: 1 | APS: 2.00 )
106 | Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands (Score: 2 | Votes: 1 | APS: 2.00 )
107 | Turok 2 (Score: 2 | Votes: 1 | APS: 2.00 )
108 | VRChat (Score: 2 | Votes: 1 | APS: 2.00 )
109 | West of Loathing (Score: 2 | Votes: 1 | APS: 2.00 )
110 | Detention (Score: 2 | Votes: 2 | APS: 1.00 )
111 | Middle-earth™: Shadow of War™ (Score: 2 | Votes: 2 | APS: 1.00 )
112 | The Surge (Score: 2 | Votes: 2 | APS: 1.00 )
113 | AER Memories of Old (Score: 1 | Votes: 1 | APS: 1.00 )
114 | Cluckle's Adventure (Score: 1 | Votes: 1 | APS: 1.00 )
115 | Fallout 4 VR (Score: 1 | Votes: 1 | APS: 1.00 )
116 | Fire Pro Wrestling World (Score: 1 | Votes: 1 | APS: 1.00 )
117 | Hidden Folks (Score: 1 | Votes: 1 | APS: 1.00 )
118 | Nights of Azure (Score: 1 | Votes: 1 | APS: 1.00 )
119 | Nights of Azure 2: Bride of the New Moon / よるのないくに2 ~新月の花嫁~ (Score: 1 | Votes: 1 | APS: 1.00 )
120 | Omegaland (Score: 1 | Votes: 1 | APS: 1.00 )
121 | Organ Quarter (Score: 1 | Votes: 1 | APS: 1.00 )
122 | Pinball FX3 (Score: 1 | Votes: 1 | APS: 1.00 )
123 | Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition (Score: 1 | Votes: 1 | APS: 1.00 )
124 | Power Hover (Score: 1 | Votes: 1 | APS: 1.00 )
125 | Pro Evolution Soccer 2018 (Score: 1 | Votes: 1 | APS: 1.00 )
126 | Push (Score: 1 | Votes: 1 | APS: 1.00 )
127 | Quake Champions (Score: 1 | Votes: 1 | APS: 1.00 )
128 | Soda Dungeon (Score: 1 | Votes: 1 | APS: 1.00 )
129 | Space Pirate Trainer (Score: 1 | Votes: 1 | APS: 1.00 )
130 | SPACEPLAN (Score: 1 | Votes: 1 | APS: 1.00 )
131 | Spellforce 3 (Score: 1 | Votes: 1 | APS: 1.00 )
132 | THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIV STEAM EDITION (Score: 1 | Votes: 1 | APS: 1.00 )
133 | Vaporum (Score: 1 | Votes: 1 | APS: 1.00 )

Early Access Votes

1 | Dead Cells (Score: 34 )
2 | Oxygen Not Included (Score: 7 )
3 | Subnautica (Score: 6 )
4 | RimWorld (Score: 4 )
5 | They Are Billions (Score: 4 )
6 | VRChat (Score: 3 )
7 | Claybook (Score: 2 )
8 | CrossCode (Score: 2 )
9 | Dusk (Score: 2 )
10 | Factorio (Score: 2 )
11 | Northgard (Score: 2 )
12 | The Vagrant (Score: 2 )
13 | Cogmind (Score: 1 )
14 | Empyrion - Galactic Survival (Score: 1 )
15 | Fight of Gods (Score: 1 )
16 | Fire Pro Wrestling World (Score: 1 )
17 | For The King (Score: 1 )
18 | Golf With Your Friends (Score: 1 )
19 | My Summer Car (Score: 1 )
20 | Slay the Spire (Score: 1 )
21 | Streets of Rogue (Score: 1 )

DLC Votes

1 | XCOM 2 - War of the Chosen (Score: 29 )
2 | Dark Souls 3: The Ringed City (Score: 9 )
3 | The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth (Score: 3 )
4 | End of Zoe (Score: 2 )
5 | DEEP SPACE WAIFU: ACADEMY DLC (Score: 2 )
6 | Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood (Score: 2 )
7 | Grim Dawn - Ashes of Malmouth Expansion (Score: 2 )
8 | HITMAN - Bonus Campaign Patient Zero (Score: 2 )
9 | Little Nightmares Upside Down Teapot (Score: 2 )
10 | Shovel Knight: Specter of Torment (Score: 2 )
11 | Stellaris: Utopia (Score: 2 )
12 | Warframe: Plains of Eidolon (Score: 2 )
13 | A Walk In The Park (Score: 1 )
14 | Banned Footage Vol.2 (Score: 1 )
15 | Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics (Score: 1 )
16 | Elder scrolls online:Morrowind (Score: 1 )
17 | Expansion - Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics (Score: 1 )
18 | Expansion - Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven (Score: 1 )
19 | Fallout 4 - High Resolution Texture Pack (Score: 1 )
20 | Fire Pro Wrestling World - Yoshihiro Takayama Charity DLC (Score: 1 )
21 | Goblin Scourge! (Score: 1 )
22 | GUILTY GEAR Xrd REV 2 Upgrade (Score: 1 )

nbEt3N2.png

A big thanks to the following who voted and just for being awesome people on SteamEra:
Th3rd, Rockin' Ranger, Kudo, Tomasety, #Senpai, itsamiracle, PlayerC90, OniluapL, Exzyleph, pantsattack, Dragon1893, spineduke, OmniBaneSolid, Arulan, Sadblob, Mivey, Sinatar, QFNS, Hella, Firewithin, His Majesty, Stealthy Cockatrice, FieldofE, Durante, kionedrik, Phinor, yuraya, SatelliteOfLove, zeknurn, Saucepan Man, Galdere, JustSomeone, Cecil, oipic, bobnowhere, texhnolyze, Capricorn, sauce, Ionic, Premium Ghoul, DOATag, hardcastlemccormick, KenOD, Flips, Panda Pedinte, Rhaknar, Anno, Mugen, City 17, Illusionary, Powerpuff, Wok, ScreamingTrees, Gelf, Teppic, Amzin, vermadas, The Bad Guy, Suitengu, Kilbane65, Endruen, Lain, Nabs, Nzyme32, KainXVIII, Dr.Acula, DeejayDoom, fantomena, Nappael, Thekeats, Uraizen, ZattMurdock, corrosivefrost, Truck Simulator, Xagarath, Hektor, KingKong, sprinkles, Knurek, Geeked, Zexion, PaulSane, Chairmanchuck,FLD, Mitch Omega, Kiru, ArjanN, Uzzy, ThingontheFloor, Baron von Loathsome, Morrigan, SteveWinwood, TheGreenArrow, Schnitzelfee, Kurt Russell, RoboitoAM, spindoctor, BlueOdin, Xater, Alien8, Dakath, derExperte, InquisitorAles, AHA-Lambda, spinalscratch, Ganado, Rivian, Teggy, jreid2112, C4rter, JarrodL, UltraJay, Vibranium, madjoki, dex3108, Derrick01, electroflame, Grief.exe, Naarmight, ThirtyFour, Frecklestein, zkylon, BernardoOne, Jawmuncher, dot, Erebus, AlexCwb, goat, Sch1sm, BoosterDuck, Stallion Free, Ascheroth, lazerfox, suikoder, Tonton, Se7enSword, Shantom, Kvik, Lozange, eonden, vastag, Saoshyant, Erheller, Aaron D., cyba89, Chance Hale, PARANOiA, vitormg, [redacted], baron_calamity, Parsnip, Tizoc

Thank you and see you next year!

Last edited:

ThirtyFour

Oct 25, 2017
Pyre didn't make top 10? You should all feel bad.

I am actually curious to know where if came in the overall list though.

Kilbane65

Oct 27, 2017
The feud between Nier fans and Divinity fans are dividing our once great nation, err forum.
We must agree to a middle ground candidate, I propose this guy:
ci_wiiuds_hollowknight_hollowknight_cmm_big.jpg

Deleted member 14377

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
21 | Pyre (Score: 25 | Votes: 9 | APS: 2.78 )
22 | Night in the Woods (Score: 24 | Votes: 9 | APS: 2.67 )

You let me down, SteamERA

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Sony-bias on Era strikes again

everyone played this on PS4 anyway

lol Console Bias is real even here! :D

ok you made me chuckle. Real talk, I fucking hate this pc vs ps4 "war" thats going on around here lately, PC literally took the 360's spot in the "war". Cant we go back to the days when PC and PS3 were best buddies? :(

yuraya

Oct 25, 2017
We need to campaign for Dark Souls remastered to be eligible for voting next year.

I don't think SteamGAF was doing voting when it came around the first time so it needs have a second chance on Era. The game is too legendary to not be a one time exception.

Hektor

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deutschland
We need to campaign for Dark Souls remastered to be eligible for voting next year.

I don't think SteamGAF was doing voting when it came around the first time so it needs have a second chance on Era. The game is too legendary to not be a one time exception.

We don't need a campaign, it's a new release so it's eglieble

Lain

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Glad Hollow Knight made it into the top 3. Nier being first tho, as disappointing as when Rogue Legacy won.

JarrodL

Oct 27, 2017
A solid list, I won't complain.

Though a bit disappointed that Killer Instinct and Nonary Games barely got any votes, they deserve better.

Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
China
Glad Hollow Knight made it into the top 3. Nier being first tho, as disappointing as when Rogue Legacy won.

You might trade it for Rage maybe.

A bit disappointed that Killer Instinct and Nonary Games barely got any votes, they deserve better.

I still think Nonnary games were released "wrong". Some people only wanted to play one of those games, because they finished VLR or 999 already and just wanted one, but then had to buy the whole package.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
I dont even remember my votes (at least the order) but I'm pretty sure Nier was pretty down in the list, and it was only on the list to make up 10 2017 games. It wasnt on my overall list including consoles.

It was a fine game, just hugely overrated imo. And opinions are worthless so there you go.

ThirtyFour

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think it came high anywhere because of it being a ""sports"" game

Is that really how people saw it? I would have thought the art style would have made them question that assumption.

Sorry I did the comments on a seperate document and prey was next pyre, will fix. Votes are fine.

Okay, part me was kinda hoping this would somehow make Pyre jump up into the top 10 but I'll have to continue to dream.

Kilbane65

Oct 27, 2017
Great list imo, I guessed the top 4 correctly but still surprised at Nier at #1 considering all the ruckus over Era's PC game of the year list and how it didn't represent PC gamers votes lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.