• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which game from the recommendations are you most interested in?

• The Martian

Votes: 52 14.9%
  • Far Cry: Trump's America

Votes: 92 26.4%
  • Hayao Miyazaki's mistake

Votes: 102 29.2%
  • Tinder Simulator

Votes: 31 8.9%
  • What Duke Nukem Forever should have been

Votes: 72 20.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Parsnip

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
debating how to list Origins in the 52 game thread, I rarely put dlc as seperate entries, especially not if I play everything in one go as one game, but having finished vanilla with everything done (lol) and reading that the dlcs are quite substancial, especially curse of the pharaohs (which HLTB lists 10 hours just for the main quest, 20+ for completionists which I am with this game) I feel like im doing a deservice to the dlc by not listing it seperate.

then again I'm already at 40 (well 41 with this) finished this year so its not like I wont complete the challenge, so I dunno... I'll probably list it as AC Origins Gold or soemthing with the cumulative time (which apparently will be north of 80 hours since im already at 60 after vanilla >_>)

first world problems I know.

edit: hmm but then I cant do detailed write up on each of the DLCs bah. Well I can but the whole thing will turn into an essay at that point.
The way I list games and DLC depends when I played them. If I play the game and the dlc back to back, I'll list them as one, but if I play the DLC 6 months later or whatever, I'll list it as its own thing.

Endruen

Oct 25, 2017
Spain
header.jpg

Finished Soma today. I'm not usually one for stuff like this but I actually really liked it.

I played it in safe mode but the story was of a high enough quality to keep me wanting more. There are still enemies in safe mode that will hurt you but they are quite sparse, I kinda wonder if their number is increased in normal mode but I won't be going through it again as I got what I wanted out of the game.
I'd heard some people say the game would be lacking in safe mode but certainly didn't feel that myself. Great use of sound kept me guessing and on my toes during sections where it turned out there were no enemies.
I bought this tier of the humble bundle on a whim, expecting to try and then bounce off Soma so I'm happily surprised that it stuck really well.

I might go with something a bit more uplifting next. I do have Rakuen from the same bundle but that's probably a bit too down, I'll get to it eventually. I still have Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky. I played it for about 2 hours but never restarted it, I need to get back there at some point.
I played it in normal and I think the monsters don't add anything and they should be gone, or at least shouldn't attack you, so I think you did the smart choice.

OP
OP
MRORANGE

MRORANGE

Nice thread btw :)
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Some games you could write recommendations for in April
  • Minit - (PC, PS4, Xbox One, Linux, Mac) - April 3rd
  • Dark Rose Valkyrie - (PC) - April 10th
  • Maelstrom - (PC) - April 11th
  • Total War Saga: Thrones of Britannia - (PC) - April 19
  • Adventure Time: Pirates of the Enchiridion - (PC, Switch, PS4, Xbox One) - April 24th
  • Frostpunk - (PC) - April 24th
  • The Swords Of Ditto - (PS4, PC) - April 24th
  • Rick And Morty Simulator: Virtual Rick-Ality - (PS4, PC) - April 24th
  • Sinner: Sacrifice for Redemption - (PC, PS4, Xbox One) - April 25th
  • Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana - (PC) - TBA

BernardoOne

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
  • Minit - (PC, PS4, Xbox One, Linux, Mac) - April 3rd
  • Dark Rose Valkyrie - (PC) - April 10th
  • Maelstrom - (PC) - April 11th
  • Total War Saga: Thrones of Britannia - (PC) - April 19
  • Adventure Time: Pirates of the Enchiridion - (PC, Switch, PS4, Xbox One) - April 24th
  • Frostpunk - (PC) - April 24th
  • The Swords Of Ditto - (PS4, PC) - April 24th
  • Rick And Morty Simulator: Virtual Rick-Ality - (PS4, PC) - April 24th
  • Sinner: Sacrifice for Redemption - (PC, PS4, Xbox One) - April 25th
erm the Rick and Morty VR game has been released a year ago :P

someguyinahat

Oct 25, 2017
PC port of a 3DS port of a PSP port of a PS2 game.

Reminds me of an episode of Antiques Roadshow I once saw. "This is a Dutch Delft copy, of a Dutch Delft copy, of a Chinese copy, of a Dutch Delft copy, of a Japanese original." Why? Just port the original to PC. You'll probably get more people buying it that way. Giving people a 3DS port just encourages people to emulate the PS2 version.

Knurek

Oct 26, 2017
Oh, sweet summer child...
Reminds me of an episode of Antiques Roadshow I once saw. "This is a Dutch Delft copy, of a Dutch Delft copy, of a Chinese copy, of a Dutch Delft copy, of a Japanese original." Why? Just port the original to PC. You'll probably get more people buying it that way. Giving people a 3DS port just encourages people to emulate the PS2 version.
Not really, PS2 version doesn't have an English translation.

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
header.jpg

Finished Soma today. I'm not usually one for stuff like this but I actually really liked it.

I played it in safe mode but the story was of a high enough quality to keep me wanting more. There are still enemies in safe mode that will hurt you but they are quite sparse, I kinda wonder if their number is increased in normal mode but I won't be going through it again as I got what I wanted out of the game.
I'd heard some people say the game would be lacking in safe mode but certainly didn't feel that myself. Great use of sound kept me guessing and on my toes during sections where it turned out there were no enemies.
I bought this tier of the humble bundle on a whim, expecting to try and then bounce off Soma so I'm happily surprised that it stuck really well.

There's a mod out there that makes the creatures non-hostile. While it's not how I'd like to play SOMA, nor is it something I'd recommend, it's a perfectly viable option given that, as you correctly identify, the story is of a very high quality. It's certainly amongst the very best in gaming, and surprisingly it's one that could only be told in video games, with the first person perspective actually being a plot point.

It's a wonderful game.

Endruen

Oct 25, 2017
Spain
There's a mod out there that makes the creatures non-hostile. While it's not how I'd like to play SOMA, nor is it something I'd recommend, it's a perfectly viable option given that, as you correctly identify, the story is of a very high quality. It's certainly amongst the very best in gaming, and surprisingly it's one that could only be told in video games, with the first person perspective actually being a plot point.

It's a wonderful game.
They added an official way instead of the mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.