• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which game from the recommendations are you most interested in?

• The Martian

Votes: 52 14.9%
  • Far Cry: Trump's America

Votes: 92 26.4%
  • Hayao Miyazaki's mistake

Votes: 102 29.2%
  • Tinder Simulator

Votes: 31 8.9%
  • What Duke Nukem Forever should have been

Votes: 72 20.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
I should play that Splinter Cell where you are on the run and use low tech shit like broken glass to peak under doors, which one was that?

Then again I should also play the latest which I did a couple of hours some years ago during extra life and really liked but never continued.
Conviction.

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
I liked Conviction outside of the 4 or 5 classic Clancy torture jerk off scenes where you have to mash buttons to slam people into edges of tables and sinks for 5 minutes each. So ugly and boring.

Deleted member 3888

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
ffxv_s_2018_03_13_19_tjpv3.jpg

fuck i love this game

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH

ubisoft said they have two unannounced AAA games in the works so....

Hopefully it's a worthy sequel to Blacklist and not Action based open world fodder

Ironside or bust.

It'll be an open world game set in a large city with lots of throwaway missions and a few mulitplayer modes.

Oct 26, 2017
Belarus

Out of nowhere, i almost forgot about this game. What's next from backlog of forgotten 00s games, maybe The Fall: Last Days of Gaia?
Give me the goddamn The Fall: Last Days of Gaia on Steam, and i'll buy it day 1

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
I don't think and of the Splinter Cell games are bad. They all just offer something different.

SC1 - Offered a new style of sneaking against metal gear. Still good but can be seen as very difficult.

SC:PT - Similar to the first game, but the difficulty was toned down a bit

SC:CT - definitely the one everyone considers the best. Great balance between stealth and action at the users discretion.

SC:C - A big change change in style. That feels more like a Bourne game but still enjoyable for what it is.

SC:BL - Still my personal favorite gameplay wise. The closest thing to a Chaos Theory sequel there is

BlueOdin

Oct 26, 2017
Do I remember right, that in the PC version of the first splinter Cell you control Sam Fisher's speed with the mouse wheel? I think I was at the first real gap for half an hour or so until I found out (and dropped the game shortly afterwards).

BasilZero

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Waiting for splinter cell echelon collection on steam to go on sale before I get it

Also feel like I should play metal gear before it lol

Oct 26, 2017
Belarus
I like the first three, and think Chaos Theory is the best of them. Went downhill from Conviction on.

Jawmuncher, you left out Double Agent.
I don't know, first one impressed me very well even though i played it for the first time around 2010-2012, but the other 2 for some reason i was bored quickly and dropped them after opening levels. But at least they were not trash like Double Agent, i'm not surprised that Jawmuncher forgot about it, i wish i could forget about it as well.

I just noticed that I spent more than 50 hours in Anno 2205. It's not perfect and have some annoying issues, but still a nice relaxing game, currently i'm trying to finish all sector projects and get as much achievements as possible before move on. Built a city with more than 500k citizens as well
356FD7AD0B65A952DCF7FF2AF40D25DD53896145

TheLetdown

Oct 25, 2017
Peak Splinter Cell has alwas been Chaos Theory. Then it turned too much into a shoot bang.

Truth.

The spies vs mercs mode was executed so well. One of the best examples of that type of PvP (help me out here, drawing a blank, what's the word for it when the two sides of PvP are not mirrored and instead have drastically different playstyles?)

XL Hoodie

Oct 25, 2017
U.S.
Spies vs Mercs is still my favorite PvP mode.

Truth.

The spies vs mercs mode was executed so well. One of the best examples of that type of PvP (help me out here, drawing a blank, what's the word for it when the two sides of PvP are not mirrored and instead have drastically different playstyles?)

Asymmetrical multiplayer is what you're looking for.

DeejayDoom

Oct 25, 2017
The only Splinter Cell i really liked was Double Agent, but only because i loved the PvP and Coop online modes with friends (yes, i know you could play coop in Chaos Theory, for example, but Double Agent was the one where i invested more time on those modes).

Andres

Oct 25, 2017
Ys VIII Switch is coming out in June (in Japan anyways). The race is on to see if the PC version will come out before it or not.

A NISA rep told PC gamer last week we're suppose to get more info this week on the PC version of Ys VIII, let's see if that's still the plan.

SnakeyHips

Oct 31, 2017
Wales
Holy shit I forgot about Spies Vs Mercs. That game mode was so sick! They could also add in that sick MGO mode whereby there are two teams fighting each other with a Sam Fisher going around causing mayhem to the teams himself.

Lain

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Who's taking a chance on this to report back and let us (me) know if it's good?!

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Also, I loved Conviction. I felt like Jason Bourne. Especially that fairground level.

Ascheroth

Oct 25, 2017
Ys VIII Switch is coming out in June (in Japan anyways). The race is on to see if the PC version will come out before it or not.

A NISA rep told PC gamer last week we're suppose to get more info this week on the PC version of Ys VIII, let's see if that's still the plan.
"We're happy to announce the final final really real PC release date as April X! We're also looking for new beta testers, please apply here."
Beta test starts a week later.
Soon after, a week before April X: "We need a new dev again."

I'm really curious.

Oct 26, 2017
Belarus
I was looking for excuse to post my Rise of the Tomb Raider screenshot here, but didn't found any, so i'm posting it without any particular reason, sorry guys

9C8E59222DA0E4E0699FA62B46682A84EA6BAC79

Andres

Oct 25, 2017
"We're happy to announce the final final really real PC release date as April X! We're also looking for new beta testers, please apply here."
Beta test starts a week later.
Soon after, a week before April X: "We need a new dev again."

I'm really curious.
Here's my guess, they're gonna announce that there will be beta testing this month with a target release in April (no real date will be given.) This way they give themselves a longer beta testing period and try to fix the game up before the end of April.

Even when the game finally comes out, I plan to wait on reviews first before playing it. I wont be surprised if it launches with plenty of problems.

Ascheroth

Oct 25, 2017
Here's my guess, they're gonna announce that there will be beta testing this month with a target release in April (no real date will be given.) This way they give themselves a longer beta testing period and try to fix the game up before the end of April.

Even when the game finally comes out, I plan to wait on reviews first before playing it. I wont be surprised if it launches with plenty of problems.
Yeah, that sounds reasonable, but I'm still skeptical about an April date.
I don't think they'll launch the game with major issues. Sure, some small and/or very situational stuff will likely slip through the cracks, that's normal. But if they launch a game after an 8 month long delay and it still has major issues... oh boy.

Andres

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think they'll launch the game with major issues. Sure, some small and/or very situational stuff will likely slip through the cracks, that's normal. But if they launch a game after an 8 month long delay and it still has major issues... oh boy.
Oh yeah I'm with you, I find the April date very hard to believe. Especially if it was only in February they handed off the work to another dev to start over.

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
They might just drop the price by 10$ and cut their losses. I don't think they'll actually pay for any development after April.

City 17

Oct 25, 2017
Pillars of Eternity 2 is delayed for a month

Would a mod like JaseC or Jawmuncher be so nice and put that delay in the threadtitle?
https://www.resetera.com/threads/pillars-of-eternity-2-deadfire-releases-april-3rd.18857
Came to post this, for me it can even be considered good news since I couldn't play it in 3 weeks time, the release was too early.
That being said it'd be wise to wait for a couple of patches before playing it... but then again I played PoE1 like 2 weeks after release and had no major problems.

Rellik

Oct 28, 2017
I have Pandora's Tomorrow and Chaos Theory pending on GameCube and Blacklist on the Wii U. I beat the first one and Conviction (360) and liked them both so I'm happy if there's a new Splinter Cell in development. Btw, Double Agent was pretty different on 360/PS3 than Xbox/PS2/GC. Which version was the PC one? (I think the good one was the GC/PS2/Xbox version).

Completely off topic but I just came back from Tromso and what a tremendous spectacle are the northern lights. Being a naysayer after "seeing" them on Jasper (just the White veil made Green on the camera pictures) I was dumbfounded seeing them "dancing" and with Green/Pink/Violet colours... simply a one lifetime experience recommended to everyone.

And not the same level of awe but I was surprised with Transformers: The Last Knight. Sure the plot is a convoluted mess and the movie is pretty long but CG wise is amazing and much, much better than all the Marvel movies. Besides seeing Anthony Hopkins walking in slow motion and shooting Megatron on Stonehenge just adds to the dumb fun of the movie. I'm going to miss the Bayformers.

Status
Not open for further replies.