• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which game from the recommendations are you most interested in?

• The Martian

Votes: 52 14.9%
  • Far Cry: Trump's America

Votes: 92 26.4%
  • Hayao Miyazaki's mistake

Votes: 102 29.2%
  • Tinder Simulator

Votes: 31 8.9%
  • What Duke Nukem Forever should have been

Votes: 72 20.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 4, 2017
Baltimore, MD
I am very honored to have Jeff Goldblum narrating my dinosaur theme park game.

giphy.gif

Andres

Oct 25, 2017
They might just drop the price by 10$ and cut their losses. I don't think they'll actually pay for any development after April.
I don't think they have much of a choice, they promised Falcom a lot when they outbid Xseed for the rights to translate the game. A bad PC port after all the trouble with the bad translation would not be a good look.

Deleted member 2585

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The only way we're seeing Ys VIII on PC before the Switch version releases is if they release a bad-to-barely-competent PC port. I'll bet my avatar on it.

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
The only way we're seeing Ys VIII on PC before the Switch version releases is if they release a bad-to-barely-competent PC port. I'll bet my avatar on it.
Here is the ugliest Falcom avatar I could find on short notice
d8706181-8778-4e13-b2e0-72fbce36e698.png

I'd say wearing for a week or two is fair. For one, I don't wanna stare into those dead monster eyes any longer.

Tonton

Oct 25, 2017

Deleted member 2585

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If Ys VIII gets a good PC version before the Switch version releases, you can choose my avatar for two weeks. But only if at least one of you agree to wear Prinny Kondo if the opposite happens.

let's gooooooooo

ramoisdead

Oct 25, 2017

We all saw what happened when a beloved classic JRPG title was dumped onto Steam and how folks felt about the quality of work behind that port.

I guarantee you Ys VIII will have "Mostly Negative" reviews if the same happened and word will get back to Falcom about that since the Steam store is worldwide.

NISA may be careless but I don't think they are stupid.

Deleted member 2585

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't the version suppoesed to be released in April?

They hired a new porting team at the end of January and they have a lot of issues to work out, from what I understand. The original porting team wanted to "[avoid] touching the core programming as much as possible" so the new team has a lot of work in front of them. My confidence in NISA isn't exactly high right now, I personally believe it's going to be delayed.

Aaron D.

Oct 25, 2017
Are you ready for Great Farm Wars of 2018?

Bring it.

I'm really curious how Pure Farming stacks up against the upcoming Farming Simulator 19, due out in Oct.

There's been so many "FS-killers" with lofty promises that ultimately fall (way) short. But I always keep an open mind, knowing that the king of the castle will always be there in the form of Giant's Farming Simulator.

Keeping a close eye on this one.

Also have Farm Manager 2018 dropping in a few weeks. It's more of a city-builder / management sim like the classic Farming Manager (2013) that I quite enjoyed.

Cautiously optimistic about this one too.

Man, what a bounty for farming nerds. (We're a club of like 12 people.)

Aeferis

Oct 25, 2017
Italy
I was hoping for QUBE 2 to be very very good, but it's just good, apparently. I might get it anyway though, I really feel like playing a first person puzzle game atm.

Oct 25, 2017
Seeing the FFXV shots reminds me that I haven't played a FF game since.. uhh.. IX? And actually, I barely played that one.
Okay, so really, the only FF games I've put any significant time into were 7 and 8.

I'm so sorry.

fuzzylogic

Oct 26, 2017
I have a 970 and an i7-3770k. Sometimes I think I shouldn't upgrade my gaming PC ever again and get out of the game. If I only had consoles, I would play an order of magnitude less video games. PC is essentially the only reason I still play video games. Every time I browse a PS4 PSN sale I find myself thinking, "God, I don't care about 98% of this." I'd play 2 games a year if all I had was a PS4. I'm still too wary of Nintendo after the Wii U's constant stream of mediocrity to consider a Switch. I suspect I don't like Nintendo's output nearly as much as I used to either :/. I don't think I'd like the new Mario or Zelda enough to justify the hundreds of dollars. It'd probably be another regret, like my PS4 sort of is (although it's a decent enough Roku Ultra). Sad times.

Maybe it'd be good for me to drop PC gaming, but I doubt it'll happen. I'll upgrade again in the next two years in a moment of weakness. Oh well.

Oct 25, 2017

Just saw a new picross game released yesterday. I have 2 bonus puzzles left to complete Pictopix (which I have 74 hours in now after going through the new 30x30 and 40x40 puzzles) so maybe I'll pick it up today.

Status
Not open for further replies.