• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Will you play Chime this month?

• Yay!

Votes: 65 10.3%
  • Nay!

Votes: 173 27.5%
  • wtf is chime?

Votes: 391 62.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 19813

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm finally back. I had ordered my SSD but like a day after that my hard drive finally died completely, so I've been without my PC for like 5 days. Or 6. I don't remember exactly it was hell, like living in solitary confinement you sort of lose track of time.

Fucking hell does this thing boot up fast though.

Yes and most likely playstation exclusive for a time :P

We missed you! Glad you're back.

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
Ah, that's right. There is no co-op in any form in Star Ocean.

Yes, there's mouse & keyboard support and you can rebind them as you wish.
I lost a bet with my smarter self and decided to buy and check out Star Ocean, and although the nuts and bolts for keyboard and mouse support are there (as you note), it's not actually in a usable state.

Mouse-look is essentially broken, so unless you're comfortable controlling this sort of game with keyboard alone, it's not something that is currently playable.

And this ends up being my first Steam refund ever. I still feel kind of gross about it. (I'll buy the game again full price if they ever fix it, not that they ever will.)

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
I lost a bet with my smarter self and decided to buy and check out Star Ocean, and although the nuts and bolts for keyboard and mouse support are there (as you note), it's not actually in a usable state.

Mouse-look is essentially broken, so unless you're comfortable controlling this sort of game with keyboard alone, it's not something that is currently playable.

And this ends up being my first Steam refund ever. I still feel kind of gross about it. (I'll buy the game again full price if they ever fix it, not that they ever will.)
Is that so?

Sorry to hear that, I've only checked the mouse controls for a bit (which worked) and I didn't read reports on mouse problem. It's probably because everyone is playing with a controller. Considering this is a SE port, I doubt they'll ever patch it. Maybe we can wait for community patch as Kaldaien seems to be working on it.

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
Is that so?

Sorry to hear that, I've only checked the mouse controls for a bit (which worked) and I didn't read reports on mouse problem. It's probably because everyone is playing with a controller. Considering this is a SE port, I doubt they'll ever patch it. Maybe we can wait for community patch as Kaldaien seems to be working on it.
There are two severe problems I noted with mouse-look in the brief time I spent with it.

First, the sensitivity is off. It feels like the keyboard/controller uses acceleration (the farther/longer you hold, the faster the camera moves), but mouse-look is glacial in comparison. This makes it impractical for control, as you'd have to move the mouse large distances to be able to circle the camera around (whereas you can just hold a key or push a joystick for a second or two to do a full 360).

But the more serious problem is that mouse movement stops completely once you reach the edge of the screen (or the window if you're playing in window mode). As soon as that happens, camera movement stops dead (trying to move further in that direction does nothing). Which means you have camera control for mere moments (and given the sensitivity issue above, it means you can only move the camera a couple degrees at a time in either direction).

(This was noted in a review and in the few comments I found on the Steam forums related to keyboard and mouse controls; some people say it works, but the people who've all tried to use it have found out that it really doesn't.)

It's a shame since they have all the basic parts (an interface that supports keyboard and mouse prompts, along with full remapping), but it's not playable with the mouse in its current state. Like you note, with this publisher, hoping for a patch seems foolish.

woo

Nov 11, 2017
header.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/427680/Zwei_The_Arges_Adventure/

Page is up.

I know absolutely zero about Zwei other than it being a game name I have seen bandied about on the internet over the years. I like the logo though so had a look at the game page you kindly linked and that is some lovely art style when in an 'isometric' moving around view. It has got my interest now :). Not the biggest fan of JRPGs though tbh.

Ascheroth

Oct 25, 2017
I know absolutely zero about Zwei other than it being a game name I have seen bandied about on the internet over the years. I like the logo though so had a look at the game page you kindly linked and that is some lovely art style when in an 'isometric' moving around view. It has got my interest now :). Not the biggest fan of JRPGs though tbh.
Check out Zwei Zwei

Status
Not open for further replies.