• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Will you play Chime this month?

• Yay!

Votes: 65 10.3%
  • Nay!

Votes: 173 27.5%
  • wtf is chime?

Votes: 391 62.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

someguyinahat

Oct 25, 2017
I was actually considering playing this earlier today, but I guess it'll go at the bottom of the list instead.
Although, your summary of the plot sounds so nonsensical that I am actually curious to see it myself.

Do you keep a list of your previous hidden object reviews somewhere?

Sadly, no. I just type 'em up as posts in here (and previously, in GAF.)

Queen's Quest 3 isn't horrible, but it is pretty bad. Still, if you want to give it a go, I'm not gonna stop you. :)

RoboitoAM

Oct 25, 2017
I'm guessing by the reactions on gaming side that we're still unclear if Okami is locked framerate or not?

pantsattack

Oct 25, 2017
Not a single Steam-pal wants or owns Figment? How can that be? It looks so pleasant and charming!

ss_af22c29520c0796125dd46429fcc7aae7b787d97.1920x1080.jpg

ss_21e99590abda596e0c778fd464838fd544c594c3.1920x1080.jpg
ss_f7d041c1e6bd9eef6d00d10b90645420be7b1a17.1920x1080.jpg

zkylon

Oct 25, 2017
went and played through VIRGINIA in one sitting

game is pretty alright, clearly borrowing heavily from the thirty flights jump cut style, which works mostly great, except for what i feel are one too many escalating dramatic music montages that feel like they're mostly for style than substance

i feel that's kind of it for the game as a whole, i think the game is certainly compelling as it keeps jumping you from one intense scene to the next, and the setting is one i find really attractive, but it did feel a bit shallow, specially towards the end, when it goes from police procedural to psychological thriller, i think that transition ended up feeling confusing and unrewarding and makes some strange connections between plot threads that i don't think work really well

the first half tho, i really enjoyed it, and i really like thirty flights so i'm hoping games like virginia will continue to serve as inspiration for other devs to further develop this style. games are very much about putting you in control while editing is a tool that can be very disorienting (purposely or not), and having the act of reorienting yourself happen in games is something i appreciate a lot

Amzin

Oct 25, 2017
Dead Cells is pretty fantastic so far. Takes everything I liked about Rogue Legacy and puts it in a better game is my impression.

Oct 25, 2017
I've been having this problem myself, and the answer is checking out free weekends, obscure backlog games, and non-Steam games.

I'm still unsure what to play.

It's an issue I often face. I got so many games I need a system to search my own games list to discover what I want to play.

edit:
At the same time I am now freeing up space on my SSD and I am about to delete games I never play and I am like... well, maybe I'll play that sometime soon even though it's been sitting there for months lol

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
went and played through VIRGINIA in one sitting

game is pretty alright, clearly borrowing heavily from the thirty flights jump cut style, which works mostly great, except for what i feel are one too many escalating dramatic music montages that feel like they're mostly for style than substance

i feel that's kind of it for the game as a whole, i think the game is certainly compelling as it keeps jumping you from one intense scene to the next, and the setting is one i find really attractive, but it did feel a bit shallow, specially towards the end, when it goes from police procedural to psychological thriller, i think that transition ended up feeling confusing and unrewarding and makes some strange connections between plot threads that i don't think work really well

the first half tho, i really enjoyed it, and i really like thirty flights so i'm hoping games like virginia will continue to serve as inspiration for other devs to further develop this style. games are very much about putting you in control while editing is a tool that can be very disorienting (purposely or not), and having the act of reorienting yourself happen in games is something i appreciate a lot
Now go watch twin peaks then play thimbleweed park

zkylon

Oct 25, 2017
ok xcom war of the chosen is back on sale here in argieland and it's quite a bit cheaper than the usd price

overall seems like the price conversion has effectively been fairly effective regional pricing, unless you really wanted to buy mgs5

new console games here are about 1700 pesos while ass creed is 1100 and wolfenstein is 900 on steam, so quite a bit cheaper than buying from a store (or buying on steam a week ago)

Now go watch twin peaks then play thimbleweed park
new season of twin peaks wasn't super enjoyable to me so ended up dropping it mid way

thimbleweed park i'm def interested in playing sometime down the line

woo

Nov 11, 2017
Ever been shocked by a game's filesize before? Like, I just decided to download Rimworld again due to its big "Beta" update... and it's 96.6MB. Yes, megabytes, not gigabytes.

It just feels weird to download anything sub-1GB these days. I didn't realise how used to the large filesizes I've gotten.

I have had this same feeling too since I've been re-installing the majority of my library and using Steam Mover to move them from my SSD to an EHDD. I have been both shocked at how small some games are and how huge some are.

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone playing their free copy of Watch Doge? Performance is a bit chunky with a stock 2500k and 1070 but Im running on a regular HDD(just the game, OS on SSD).

Nabs

Oct 26, 2017
Anyone playing their free copy of Watch Doge? Performance is a bit chunky with a stock 2500k and 1070 but Im running on a regular HDD(just the game, OS on SSD).

Make sure you're not on a bad Nvidia driver. There was one about a month ago that gave me weird performance in WD and a few other games.

BlueOdin

Oct 26, 2017
Wolfenstein: The New Colossus for 22,79€ on cdkeys is too low for me to not buy. Now I must only find a VPN...

Hektor

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deutschland
Proof that god abandoned us:

No PC version of Peggle 2
No non-mobile version of Plants vs Zombies 2
No Might and Magic Clash of Heroes 2

someguyinahat

Oct 25, 2017
Got through the first episode of The Last Door. It was interesting...it was creepy without being too spooky for me...the point and click stuff was pretty simple...and then it was over. 34 minutes. I know there are more episodes, but it felt a bit unsatisfying, like a candy bar that's one bite too small. Part of me wants to attribute it to the fact that you don't learn much of anything in the first episode - there's no real hook to what you're up against. "Hey, this happened because of SOMETHING. And now you're in danger!" Uh huh, thanks for nothing. Part of me wants to say it's the faceless graphics. Even the earliest Sierra games tried to give them a semblance of facial features.

https://i.imgur.com/wWtnpDv.png

See? Graham at least has a NOSE. The lack of facial features in this one lead to a lack of identity, and thus you don't really identify with them. It's like these characters don't matter. Or maybe it's a bit of both.

Oddly enough, the first episode of Stories Untold went even quicker - 20 minutes - but I at least felt satisfied by it.

I'll get through the other episodes, but I sure hope business picks up.

gdt

Oct 26, 2017
I can't wait for the sale. Got a nice stack of games hoping they'll get a sale.

South Park FBH
Steamworld Dig 2
YSVII

Couple others too. Maybe Asscreed as well....

Hektor

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deutschland

BlueOdin

Oct 26, 2017
R6 Siege, starter edition or standard?

There has to be a catch to the $7 starter edition.

I think you start with less stuff in the Starter Edition and it is supposed to be an extreme grind to get on-par with the regular edition. Was at least something I was told several months ago. MAybe they changed it but it is probably still better to get the standard edition.

Outlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
It's a glorified F2P version in which a lot more grinding is required to unlock new content

https://support.ubi.com/en-GB/faqs/000025116/Starter-Edition-FAQ

"- Requires additional grinding to unlock the remaining 16 original Operators (Operators are unlockable for 12,500 Renown, compared to 500-2,000 renown in the Standard Edition)"
I think you start with less stuff in the Starter Edition and it is supposed to be an extreme grind to get on-par with the regular edition. Was at least something I was told several months ago. MAybe they changed it but it is probably still better to get the standard edition.

Thanks for the info, going Standard.

Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
China
A bit OT, but what kind of use do things like Amazon Echo have if you cant even use your own music library (for free)?

I was thinking of buying one for my wife, but then found out that, as long as you dont have those songs from Amazon Music (Yeah. Amazon Music surely has my ripped Chinese and Taiwanese songs....) , you can only upload 250 songs to the Amazon Cloud from your own library and if you want more, you have to pay 2€ monthly...

Status
Not open for further replies.