• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Will you play Chime this month?

• Yay!

Votes: 65 10.3%
  • Nay!

Votes: 173 27.5%
  • wtf is chime?

Votes: 391 62.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

OniluapL

Oct 25, 2017
I knew Tiny Barbarian was going up in price, but wow. Good luck, but I don't see anyone buying it at that price.

Creepy Castle is a decent price. Maybe I'll check it out.

I bought Creepy Castle almost on release, and it is charming, but I honestly also found it kinda boring. I should go back to it someday, though...

Also, The End is Nigh as 50% is an excellent price. It's an amazing platformer, worth of its pedigree.

BlueOdin

Oct 26, 2017
I finally wanted to play Wolfenstein 2. It let me download it last week just fine. The files are still on my computer. Now when I enter my Steam library with a VPN it doesn't show up and when I want to start it through the exe it says that this version isn'T available in my country. What am I supposed to do?

Can't start it in offline-modus either.

Last edited:

Dangerblade

Oct 25, 2017

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
As some of you know, every month I make a thread listing some highlights of titles releasing on Steam in the coming month.
I've just compiled a list of not just January releases, but also other potential releases of 2018; I intend for this to showcase a bunch of titles that would be available in 2018.
So far I've made a list of at least 50 titles from various genres and publishers, and I plan on getting it put up likely after TGA and PSX mainly because it'd be before the holiday period.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Venom's Standing Hard Punch from the old games is a special move now. Seems they also changed another one of his normal attacks into a special move too.

Deleted member 15476

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
As some of you know, every month I make a thread listing some highlights of titles releasing on Steam in the coming month.
I've just compiled a list of not just January releases, but also other potential releases of 2018; I intend for this to showcase a bunch of titles that would be available in 2018.
So far I've made a list of at least 50 titles from various genres and publishers, and I plan on getting it put up likely after TGA and PSX mainly because it'd be before the holiday period.
They have really great so far. Just let us know here when a new one drops in since they can easily get lost in the gaming section.

Deleted member 19813

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

You are the man!

Nzyme32

Oct 28, 2017

Cool! I know there are quite a few games I am looking forward to next year, but I am pretty sure I've already forgotten a bunch of them.

Top of my list is Pillars of Eternity 2

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman

More people need to sub and watch Ross' Game Dungeon. While I don't agree with all his points, he has some interesting points to bring up at least.
Plus his voice is great.

woo

Nov 11, 2017
Velocibox is PC Gamer's free game if you're subscribed.

There was a game on WiiWare on the Wii that was like that IIRC. Might even be the same one.

I just looked at the PC Gamer site and couldn't see what I would need to sign up for or where. Mind pointing me in the right direction please?

Aeferis

Oct 25, 2017
Italy
I was thinking of getting Xenonauts just this morning and now it's on sale again. It's a decent price so I think I'll get it.

Gevin

Nov 2, 2017
Started playing Dark Souls 3 with a friend, as soon as I turned on matchmaking I got invaded and instakilled, but then we killed every invader that came.

Gameplay is fun so far, I like the way the new engine looks graphically.

Deleted member 2585

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was thinking of getting Xenonauts just this morning and now it's on sale again. It's a decent price so I think I'll get it.

If you liked the 1994 X-Com, Xenonauts is a great game. The strategic layer removes a large part of the needless micromanaging while still retaining the complexity (for example, if you shoot down a UFO but don't want to actually assault it, you can carpet bomb the site and get a cash bonus instead), and the air combat is better than anything done by UFO Defense, 2012 XCOM, or Long War. Suppression is a nice addition, and all of your soldiers automatically get flares on night missions.

The lore/wordbuilding/atmosphere/enemy designs IMO are a step down from 1994 X-Com, but mechanically it's a much more fun game to play. That being said, there's not much in the way of hilarious broken jank like in 1994 X-Com. Y'know, like chryssalids being able to move and attack farther than your soldiers' vision range. Or stepping out of the skyranger and being gunned down by a mob of sectoids. Or literally not being able to hit Ethereals on night missions because your flares can't illuminate them floating in the air.

derFeef

Oct 26, 2017
Austria
I can't find good settings for my Steam Controller for Dark Souls 1.
I guess it's due to the bad implementation of mouse input in dark souls (as in no real mouse input). Love the controller for DS3 and Nioh as well as the latter is now patched with full real mouse support.

Parsnip

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
I've been thinking about playing Flashback. I've only played it on SNES in the past and can't for the life of me remember if I actually finished it so I should probably do that. It's a shame that they haven't done a proper "definitive" version of it on modern systems. I'd buy that, none of that remake bullshit that came out few years ago. Seems like using REminiscenceto combine the Amiga music with the DOS graphics is the best version I can get right now.

I wonder who even owns the IP now. The dev of the remake shut down and Ubi published the remake, so maybe Ubi I guess. But they don't own other old Delphine games, so hmm. Maybe it's with the original creator who seems to be at Microids now.

Someone like Nightdive should dig it up and publish it.

Last edited:

Deleted member 1055

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've got about 20 titles to finish up for the list, but here is a quick look at a few Steam titles releasing in 2018

Oh, I didn't realize that The Fall 2 was listed on the store. Wishlisted!
I really hope it pans out, because The Fall was a really interesting experience despite having an annoying control scheme.

Nabs

Oct 26, 2017
I can't find good settings for my Steam Controller for Dark Souls 1.
I guess it's due to the bad implementation of mouse input in dark souls (as in no real mouse input). Love the controller for DS3 and Nioh as well as the latter is now patched with full real mouse support.
Mouse-Like Joystick + increased in-game sensitivity can help. It won't get as good as pure mouse support, but it's not bad.

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
I guess it's due to the bad implementation of mouse input in dark souls (as in no real mouse input).
There's no customization, but it should mostly be functional.

The problem is with how the camera is hooked up for mouse-look (it's straight unusable). I guess this is a bad omen for the Steam controller, as the hack to fix normal mouse control actually just turns it into a virtual joystick (so the game thinks it's being operated with a controller). If it has to try to function with the game's actual mouse controls... good luck, I guess. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.