• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Will you play Chime this month?

• Yay!

Votes: 65 10.3%
  • Nay!

Votes: 173 27.5%
  • wtf is chime?

Votes: 391 62.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

MRORANGE

Nice thread btw :)
Oct 25, 2017
UK
IXcoiUQ.png

Welcome to the new and improved Steam Thread with 30% less grammatical errors. Currently I am working on creating several gaming OT's for Steam/PC – hence the BETA tagline. These threads include:

• The main Steam thread (aka this one!)
• PC Gaming Threads (tbc)
• Steam ID list (tbc)
• Steam trading (Can someone make this for me please?)

Currently I am revamping this thread to be me more inline with the forum and up to date and to include more community focus within the thread overall.

It would be a great time for suggestions, like right now as I am building this from scratch.

This is what we will have so far:

Recommendations – this is a staple of all Steam threads and will continue – we still need more of these!
- Game of the Month – a place for all of use to play a a game together from our backlog
- New Thread rules – the old rules worked well. But I am more than happy to take any on changes on board.
- FAQ: our longest section,
- Hall of Fame – Yes, its coming back!

If you would like to mention anything that needs to be changed, please PM me..

sHxnM65.png

The SteamERA Community was founded on Discord on October 2017, a stranded bunch of SteamGAF who united together and embraced on what we thought was the end of times. However as more people joined we found hope and soon started to formulate and plan for the future. This thread would not be possible without the community we have on Discord and I encourage all of you to join if you have not.

You can join this amazing community on Discord by contacting:

QueenOfHunting

Think of it as SteamERA the red band version.

cR0CKTx.png

VDVkusB.png

Call of Duty: WW2 - Flips
Game recommendation for the new Steam thread: Call of Duty: WW2
The latest entry in the Call of Duty series with its World War II setting marks a return to the series' roots after people got sick of the modern and futuristic settings in the last rehashes. Be prepared to pay up $99.99 for the Deluxe Edition (best value!) which includes a Season Pass that'll split the playerbase. Don't forget to set aside money to buy some loot boxes even though they're going to be cosmetic only. You'll get to kill Nazi Zombies, too.

ZXFFE6C.png

Farming Simulator 17: Platinum Expansion - Aaron D.
Get to work on your fields in a new playground! A large South American environment awaits you with authentic landscapes, unique vegetation, local cows and sugarcane fields offering a total change of scenery and more gameplay possibilities. New farming vehicles will also join the already huge garage of FS17. Gear up with tractors, harvesters, and tools from famous brands Case IH, Stara, TT, Randon, FMZ and Gessner Industries, faithfully reproduced from the real machines.

SuSCFsK.png

Nioh - texhnolyze
Nioh is another masterpiece from the creators of Ninja Gaiden. While it's commonly associated with the Souls game, Nioh is actually a different beast on its own. The main differences are the zones structure where you choose your maps in Nioh instead of traveling everywhere by foot. Also, there are loots in Nioh, lots of loots. Ultimately, Nioh combat is much more complex and dangerous, nothing compares to this game.

Zwei: The Ilvard Insurrection
- Erheller

First released in 2008 by Falcom (the developers of the Ys and Trails series), Zwei: The Ilvard Insurrection (or Zwei II) is a lighthearted action RPG that stars the treasure hunter Ragna and the haughty vampire princess Alwen. You can switch between the protagonists at any point in the game with the hit of a button, allowing you to create intricate juggle combos and use each character's skills to their full extent. Eating food heals your characters and also serves as the only way to gain experience. You can try to level up quickly by eating all the food you can get, or you can live dangerously and heal (and level up) only when your health runs low. It's a unique system that lets you dictate the pace of the game.
Zwei II is a fun romp with a lot of endearing quirks. The world is filled with memorable NPC's, from the chain-smoking nun, to the feline mage (don't call her a cat), to that weird girl in the giant penguin costume. There are also some wacky game mechanics, like the widget that increases your combo meter when you solve math problems mid-dungeon. You'll visit a wide range of places, from the air-trade town of Artte, to the giant horticulture farms in Roalta Village, to Alwen's former haunt, the spooky Castle Moonbria. If you want a fresh adventure that's not bogged down by stale genre conventions (or shoehorned-in lootboxes), give this game a shot!

CZmwtvf.png

The game of the month will focus on a game that a person from the community has chosen, the aim? try and complete this game before the month ends!
Completionists will be listed here, (Send me a PM if you have completed the game.)

hCkF3Uv.png

Chime - MRORANGE
Chime is a musical puzzle game that focuses on players making blocks on a square grid and trying to get the highest score count before the time runs out. It's a great puzzle game that focuses on combos and the score modes allow for replay ability. What I like about the game is being able to have the soundtrack dynamically update depending on how many combos you can pull off which changes the dynamics of the song being played. I challenge SteamERA to complete all the levels in this games, there is only 5 but it's worth a play.

SteamERA GOTM November Champions (PLEASE SEND ME A PM IF COMPLETED! ):

Tenrius
Ronik
Exzyleph
Dakath
Nabs
MRORANGE
Blizniak
Sch1sm
dude
titch
Erheller
Panda Pedinte
mtlspider
Rockin' Ranger
Suitengu
Deques
Revolver_Ocelot
KenOD
Amzin
Arminsc
Ascheroth

JO5lT6X.png

• Do not solicit/trade/sell/beg for games in this thread. The discussion of splitting retail packs is fine though.
    • Do not spam post your steam stats/games count or post damage lists from sales.
    • Don't hype pre-order bundles that you have no idea about.Just buy them!
Xq90JiF.png

Last edited:

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
Great work MRORANGE. Feels nice to instantly have a thread for the community.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
Just remember to change some of the mentions of the other forum in the FAQ!
Otherwise thanks for the good job

KenOD

Oct 25, 2017
Hello new home.

May the discussion be friendly, the game of the year voting be contested, and the games be fun.

And perhaps a modbot so I can do some giveaways.

someguyinahat

Oct 25, 2017
FINALLY. Now let's get talking about Steam games, and/or get Modbot up for some giveaways!

nice thread btw

Deleted member 1055

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That new, fresh out of the shower Steam OT smell.
Thank you for your hard work MRORANGE and hi everyone!

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Home sweet home <3

EDIT: Stuff to expect from me in the future
1- November Highlights!
2- Part 1 of a Point n' Click Adventure thread where I do write ups on the 50+ PnC games I played in 2017!

Status
Not open for further replies.