• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
I'm splurging a bit in anticipation of the Steam Deck coming in a few months (hopefully!).
  • Master Chief Collection (finally, Crazy I haven't gotten it already)
  • Dyson Sphere Program
  • Dragon Age 2 (not the biggest fan, but never played the DLC and wanted to give it another try, and it's only $5)
  • One Piece World Seeker (looks like a pretty fun open world game, and I've been getting into the anime quite a bit lately)
  • Psyconauts 2 (most expensive game, but the one I'm most excited about).

Reinhard

Oct 27, 2017
These are historical lows if I'm not wrong. Sweet deals particularly with regional-pricing in my area, the main reason I don't buy from other platforms including key sellers.
Must be regional. In the US, nothing special in pricing. Same prices as Thanksgiving sale I believe and not all that great. I guess HL: Alyx finally dropped to 50% in the Thanksgiving sale and is the same here, so that's great for people new to VR. Most of the indie games I'm interested in are far cheaper on EGS.

Pimienta

Oct 25, 2017
Darkest Dungeon 2 is on Epic Games, is the first one worth getting if I haven't played either?

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Where are they buying them? They actually admit they scour the world buying cheap keys. They're buying these physical copies in third world countries. I get I'm on the losing argument because this site has decided it's awesome, I'm just saying. It's third world keys meant for third world countries. And it's ruining regional pricing.

We had someone on this forum a few years back who was selling games for a publisher who said that publishers openly sell keys to cdkeys to meet certain sale quotas.

They are part of the system, nothing wrong buying there or at GMG.

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm might be time to finally pick up Satisfactory since I've been curious about that one.

Oghuz

Oct 27, 2017
Glanced at some of the sales and this is bad lol.

I can't believe Epic is offering the better deals compared to Steam and PSN.

Jetsun Mila

Apr 7, 2021
I just bought Moon: Remix RPG Adventure and I'm doing the post-game content of Tales of Arise right now (which is pretty massive as far as I can tell), so I won't buy much, if at all.

Oct 25, 2017
Darkest Dungeon 2 is on Epic Games, is the first one worth getting if I haven't played either?
Darkest Dungeon 2 is being designed to play differently and be a new experience compared to Darkest Dungeon 1, so if you've got the four bucks to spare it's worth playing.
And I believe DD2 is coming to Steam when it leaves Early Access.

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
I've picked up so far THE LONGING

And I'll probably get Welcome to Elk

Don't know about anything else so far.

Deleted member 9305

Oct 26, 2017
I'm currently playing this game. The physics and driving model are really well done. Clearing stage is so fun and satisfying. The install is only 100MB. Which is insane, given the amount of content packed in there. Hidden gem alert!

ShinUltramanJ

Oct 27, 2017
Oct 25, 2017
What about the DLC, worth it?
For new players? It's difficult to recommend; enabling the Crimson Court DLC can end up effecting every aspect of your game if enabled. Good for some players, completely overwhelming for others. I never got a chance to play Color of Madness. You can turn off DLC before you start a new game, which is nice.

You can always pick them up on another sale if you really get into the main game.

Dec 2, 2021
Cruelty Squad is at an all time low as far as I can tell, think I'm finally going to get it.
The first is fantastic and if it seems like something you'd like, you'll get more then your moneys worth for it. Worth noting it was free on Epic store and is on gamepass, so check to see if you already have it.

Oghuz

Oct 27, 2017
Well duh, no brainer if someone's giving you an extra $10 off you're likely to pay less right?

The prices set by the developers are the same though. Assuming you find what you're looking for in Epic's sale. Only takes about five minutes to browse the entire thing.

I bought Inscryption for 6 euros on Epic. On Steam it is 16 euros.

And there are other (cheaper) gems like that in the smaller library of Epic.

OP
OP
Mr.Deadshot

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Well, I've already spent too much in the last sale, so I only bought presents for my friends to Christmas and trimmed my Wishlist a bit more.

Anyway, here are some must plays for good prices:
store.steampowered.com

McPixel on Steam

McPixel is a save-the-day guy that you guide through 100 short challenges to prevent stuff from blowing up. You have only 20 seconds to save the day! Think quick!
store.steampowered.com

Save 85% on Borderlands 3 on Steam

The original shooter-looter returns, packing bazillions of guns and a mayhem-fueled adventure! Blast through new worlds and enemies as one of four new Vault Hunters.
store.steampowered.com

Steam Store

Steam is the ultimate destination for playing, discussing, and creating games.
store.steampowered.com

AMID EVIL on Steam

A retro FPS for the ages! Once branded a HERETIC. Now YOU have been chosen as our champion! Reclaim our sacred weapons. Take back our ancient lands. If you can stand... AMID EVIL.
store.steampowered.com

Hotline Miami on Steam

Hotline Miami is a high-octane action game overflowing with raw brutality, hard-boiled gunplay and skull crushing close combat.
store.steampowered.com

SYNTHETIK: Legion Rising on Steam

SYNTHETIK is an unforgiving tactical shooter rogue-lite where freedom and experimentation is key. Fight in a world overrun by the Machine Legion and their Gods. Experience the next level in gun-play and dive into unparalleled build options and Android upgrades. Can you defeat the Heart of...
store.steampowered.com

Save 75% on Grim Dawn on Steam

Enter an apocalyptic fantasy world where humanity is on the brink of extinction, iron is valued above gold and trust is hard earned. This ARPG features complex character development, hundreds of unique items, crafting and quests with choice & consequence.
store.steampowered.com

Brigador: Up-Armored Edition on Steam

Pilot a mech to hunt down and destroy the oppressive government of a cyberpunk autocracy. In this fast-paced, top-down-shooter, use overwhelming firepower to destroy columns of tanks and level buildings. Unlock up to 56 unique vehicles and 40 weapons.

And while not on a deep sale, absolutely get Inscryption. It's so worth it!

aett

Oct 27, 2017
Northern California
store.steampowered.com

Save 85% on Borderlands 3 on Steam

The original shooter-looter returns, packing bazillions of guns and a mayhem-fueled adventure! Blast through new worlds and enemies as one of four new Vault Hunters.

I might be thinking of another game, but I thought I had heard that B3 had a tepid (at best) launch. Has the game improved?

store.steampowered.com

Save 75% on Grim Dawn on Steam

Enter an apocalyptic fantasy world where humanity is on the brink of extinction, iron is valued above gold and trust is hard earned. This ARPG features complex character development, hundreds of unique items, crafting and quests with choice & consequence.

Is the Definitive Edition worth getting for a brand-new player, or is it only for people who have completed the base game?

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Is the Definitive Edition worth getting for a brand-new player, or is it only for people who have completed the base game?

Most of the expansion stuff is for after you beat the main game, but the expansions do add some new classes that you can use right from the start. You can select up to 2 classes for a single character.

Base game: Soldier, Demolitionist, Occultist, Nightblade, Arcanist, Shaman
Expansions add: Inquisitor, Necromancer, Oathkeeper

baconcow

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Not sure why ScourgeBringer states "Exclusive Discount" on Steam. It is also 40% off on the Epic Game Store and the Steam version is even 50% off on Fanatical.

aett

Oct 27, 2017
Northern California
Most of the expansion stuff is for after you beat the main game, but the expansions do add some new classes that you can use right from the start. You can select up to 2 classes for a single character.

Base game: Soldier, Demolitionist, Occultist, Nightblade, Arcanist, Shaman
Expansions add: Inquisitor, Necromancer, Oathkeeper

I think I'll stick with the base game to see if I like it and want more eventually. Thanks!