• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 67800

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 30, 2020
hmmm i download software https://www.windowscentral.com/ps5-controller-firmware-app-released-windows-11-and-10

Q8ryIq7.png

9dXD0gT.png

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
Sony is gonna include this with their pc games and enable the dualsense features huh.

Ojli

Chicken Chaser
Oct 28, 2017
Sweden
Does this mean that the previously PS5 exclusive games will require the DualSense in order to play? Because, if I understand this correctly, you can't play PS5 games on the PS5 with the DualShock 4. Technically, Spider-Man Remastered is a PS5 game right and would thus require a DualSense. Will that apply to the PC release of Spider-Man as well and will other future releases have that same requirement?

KillLaCam

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Seoul
Does this mean that the previously PS5 exclusive games will require the DualSense in order to play? Because, if I understand this correctly, you can't play PS5 games on the PS5 with the DualShock 4. Technically, Spider-Man Remastered is a PS5 game right and would thus require a DualSense. Will that apply to the PC release of Spider-Man as well and will other future releases have that same requirement?
No. Even if it did, people would figure out a way around it in like a day.

Raigor

May 14, 2020

This is never going to happen on PC; you can't restrict a PC game to be played only with a specific controller and even if Sony tries to force it (which is dumb) people will find a way to play with any controller at launch.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
Not going to happen on PC, especially given Sony's approach clearly being to maximise their audience for these titles when bringing them to PC.

Ojli

Chicken Chaser
Oct 28, 2017
Sweden
This is never going to happen on PC; you can't restrict a PC game to be played only with a specific controller and even if Sony tries to force it (which is dumb) people will find a way to play with any controller at launch.
But that restriction is true for the PS5? Exclusive games require DualSense? I think and hope this will not happen on PC, but if that's the case, what is their excuse to keep that policy on console?

Raigor

May 14, 2020
But that restriction is true for the PS5? Exclusive games require DualSense? I think and hope this will not happen on PC, but it that's the case, what is their excuse to keep that policy on console?

They keep that policy on consoles because they want to sell Dualsense controllers.

Ojli

Chicken Chaser
Oct 28, 2017
Sweden
They keep that policy on consoles because they want to sell Dualsense controllers.
I get that they want to maximize sales, but that's a pretty poor reason they have to give to consumers going forward. I can understand their current stance that DS4 don't have adaptive triggers and thus is uncompatible with PS5 games, but if that's BS then a continued policy should be called out going forward.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
Sure if they want to shoot themselves in the foot by completely misjudging and misunderstanding the PC market.

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
Never friend, when you play on pc it's exactly to avoid bullcrap like that, you'll be able to play with wii motes of you really wanted.

It happens on console because not enough people care to question it, plus on console manufacturers make a lot of freaking money on accessories. A lot.

BeI

Dec 9, 2017
I really hope we can finally get wireless haptic and trigger support.

Agreed. I really want per game audio-based controller haptics. There was some workaround to get it working with OBS and a cable, and it was pretty sweet being able to "feel" rain in Skyrim because of its sound alone.