• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan
Gets updated every Sunday and is ranked by revenue, not by unit sales.

List Publishing Date: Sun, 10th January 2021:
  1. Rust
  2. Valve Index VR Kit
  3. Cyberpunk 2077
  4. Sea Of Thieves
  5. Phasmophobia
  6. Raft
  7. Hades
  8. Counter Strike: Global Offensive - Operation Broken Fang
  9. Grand Theft Auto V
  10. Red Dead Redemption 2
In comparison to this, here's last week(January 3rd)'s List:
www.resetera.com

Steam's Weekly Global Top 10 Sellers, by revenue, for the week ending Jan. 3rd. #1. Cyberpunk 2077 #2. Sea Of Thieves #3. Valve Index VR Kit Sales

Gets updated every Sunday and is ranked by revenue, not by unit sales. List Publishing Date: Sun, 3rd January 2021: Cyberpunk 2077 Sea Of Thieves Valve Index VR Kit Rust Hades Raft Phasmophobia Grand Theft Auto V Red Dead Redemption 2 Counter Strike: Global Offensive - Operation Broken Fang...

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Really would like to know how much Hades has sold so far. GotY must have pushed it numbers quite a bit the last couple weeks.

Nassudan

Oct 27, 2017
I wouldn't at all mind grabbing an Index kit myself, but man $1000 is just too steep.

karnage10

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Awesome - feels like it could reach 5m overall. Which is crazy success story for a non multiplayer indie game.
was it? the idea i got was that the EGS deal/sales "flopped" the game so much that the devs were distraught with their game/work. The game only sold significantly when it reached on steam.
maybe i'm wrong but that was the idea i got.

PC-tan

Feb 25, 2018
was it? the idea i got was that the EGS deal/sales "flopped" the game so much that the devs were distraught with their game/work. The game only sold significantly when it reached on steam.
Yeah I could be wrong but I don't remember hearing too much about it back then. But then again it was in early access and there was still content missing. So by the time of the Steam release there was enough content for people to really like it.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
It was EA back then. And if a game is in EA it might as well not have released yet as far as I'm concerned. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Talking about overall sales so Switch + PC + other upcoming versions. It's been selling great ever since the 1.0 launch.

Deleted member 63122

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 16, 2020
Hades has been on the top 5 on the Switch since it released. It should be close to two million units if not more.

Piston

Oct 25, 2017
Did Rust just got out of early access or something? I thought it was absolutely terrible when I tried it with some friends a year or so ago. Not really my cup of tea though.

Elfgore

Mar 2, 2020
I hope Phasmophobia manages to keep going strong. There is real potential there with more development time.

Nice to see Phasmophobia doing well. Not a lot of content so far, but I keep coming back to it almost daily to chill with my friends.
It's a strange game like that. My friend and I pretty much have it down to a science. Include four sanity pills with two of us and we pretty much never get hunted. It still just has that spooky atmosphere and nothing makes my spine shiver like hearing a response on the spiritbox.

Pryme

Aug 23, 2018

that seems extremely unlikely. Epic would have either cut them a big cheque or guaranteed sales for a certain amount. They aren't a no-name dev.

BeI

Dec 9, 2017

Well it didn't even make the list of Playtracker's top selling EGS exclusives in 2019, so it likely sold under 150k units that year. A bit more than a year on Steam, Playertracker estimates the Steam version at 1.7 million sold.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
I know Rust's recent success is thanks to a bunch of Twitch streamers playing it together, but is there a reason for it? Did a big update or content drop come out?

Deleted member 34714

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 28, 2017
The actual update to the game is really small, the biggest reason is the Twitch Drops being enabled which started the rise of Rust recently involving skins.

PC-tan

Feb 25, 2018
Speaking of Hades, I remember that when it released on Steam that the devs were really surprised by how well it was received. I think they even said something about how it was the quickest of their games to get a certain amount of user reviews and that it also had the highest user rating out of all their games.

Firefly

Jul 10, 2018
Speaking of Hades, I remember that when it released on Steam that the devs were really surprised by how well it was received. I think they even said something about how it was the quickest of their games to get a certain amount of user reviews and that it also had the highest user rating out of all their games.
Is this their first game to be released using the Early Access model?

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
Did Rust just got out of early access or something? I thought it was absolutely terrible when I tried it with some friends a year or so ago. Not really my cup of tea though.

A shit ton of some of the biggest gaming streamers are all playing on 1 server at the moment. Like I think it's like 100 streamers all playing and it's got a lot of them watching all at the same time

Rumi

Oct 26, 2017
Rust has always been up there in the steam player charts and now It's getting an even bigger reach with a huge influx of new players. It's nice to see it all the way up there at #1 after the amount of support that they've put into that game over the years.

PC-tan

Feb 25, 2018
Is this their first game to be released using the Early Access model?
Yes, it was already in early access on EGS and had 1 year worth of updates by the time it released on Steam.

This is how the devs felt about the games reception

I also think it's really cool when devs take their users reviews into consideration when they are promoting their game and don't just use traditional press reviews since people don't always agree with those. And you can't really verify data on metacritic either.