• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan
Gets updated every Sunday and is ranked by revenue, not by unit sales.

List Publishing Date: Sun, 3rd January 2021:
  1. Cyberpunk 2077
  2. Sea Of Thieves
  3. Valve Index VR Kit
  4. Rust
  5. Hades
  6. Raft
  7. Phasmophobia
  8. Grand Theft Auto V
  9. Red Dead Redemption 2
  10. Counter Strike: Global Offensive - Operation Broken Fang
In comparison to this, here's last week(December 27th)'s List:
www.resetera.com

Steam's Weekly Global Top 10 Sellers, by revenue, for the week ending Dec. 27th. #1. Cyberpunk 2077 #2. Valve Index VR Kit #3. Sea Of Thieves Sales

Gets updated every Sunday and is ranked by revenue, not by unit sales. List Publishing Date: Sun, 27th December, 2020: Cyberpunk 2077 Valve Index VR Kit Sea Of Thieves Hades Raft Phasmophobia Grand Theft Auto V Halo: The Master Chief Collection Red Dead Redemption 2 Counter Strike: Global...

Jan 4, 2018
It seems like SoT is leading the Steam Winter Sale at the moment. It's going to be a strong finish. Epic turnaround for Rare and the SoT team !

store.steampowered.com

Steam Search

z4el.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
Crazy how popular Rust has gotten especially on Twitch. I've had the game for years and seeing everyone playing it again made me pick it up again. Very fun game and very different from what I remember playing years ago.

Zutrax

Oct 31, 2017
Phasmophobia still up there has me pretty happy, it was probably from winning an award at The Game Awards, but I still love to see it. I really hope that game continues with polishing and releasing good content, it has so much incredible potential beyond how good it already is at the moment.

riotous

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
Since it's a revenue chart, it's outselling Cyberpunk at least 3 to 1 with those prices.
Revenue for a game like Sea of Thieves also includes all of the MTX sold via Steam, so it's not indicative of a 3:1 outselling of Cyberpunk. I don't think any of the various screens listing "Sales" in Steam ignore MTX.

xenonium

Apr 3, 2020
Revenue for a game like Sea of Thieves also includes all of the MTX sold via Steam, so it's not indicative of a 3:1 outselling of Cyberpunk. I don't think any of the various screens listing "Sales" in Steam ignore MTX.

Ah, that's fair. I still expect most are from sales given the MTX aren't on sale and the steam SOT concurrent player count has increased 5x since the start of the winter sale.

Reckheim

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Even with mtx, sot has been an incredible success for MS. My favorite exclusive from them. Happy it worked out for rare in the end

catpurrcat

Oct 27, 2017
I pretty much ignored Sea of thieves because of the trashed reviews when it first came out. Watched a few videos on it recently, and it still kind of looks dreadfully boring?

Still going to try it though. Any tips for a first time player to get engaged?

A Grizzly Bear

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I pretty much ignored Sea of thieves because of the trashed reviews when it first came out. Watched a few videos on it recently, and it still kind of looks dreadfully boring?

Play with someone else. Solo is fine once you've got the game down but the game really shines with a group.

Dec 11, 2017

Take your time on the tutorial island to get comfortable with the controls and mechanics (when I you sail away from the island the actual game starts).

Ideally you'd want to play the game proper with some else that has some experience with the game, will do the first voyage with you, and be patient/answer your questions. Playing with a crew of random players for your very first session could go fine or be incredibly frustrating.

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
Sea of Thieves, competing with Forza Horizon 4 for most successful Xbox One-generation XGS game.

Such an awesome game, especially during quarantine. Had so much fun with my friends through the year. And I only played like.. 35 hours in 2020.

Filipus

Prophet of Regret
Avenger
Dec 7, 2017
What's even more interesting is that streaming numbers have not been increasing at all lately. Normally you would see spikes in sales when big streamers (like summit1g) were playing the game.
Right not it's just... word of mouth. Amazing game.

catpurrcat

Oct 27, 2017
Play with someone else. Solo is fine once you've got the game down but the game really shines with a group.
Take your time on the tutorial island to get comfortable with the controls and mechanics (when I you sail away from the island the actual game starts).

Ideally you'd want to play the game proper with some else that has some experience with the game, will do the first voyage with you, and be patient/answer your questions. Playing with a crew of random players for your very first session could go fine or be incredibly frustrating.

thanks for the tips guys. As it turns out, it's frustrating solo. I did the maiden voyage tutorial, and that was fine I guess.

Wasn't terribly impressed with the screen tearing and the bizarre choice of artwork.

started on my first quest, first it took me five minutes to find where the heck I was going on the map. Frustration #1.

then when I finally started sailing, I found myself having to constantly run between the steering wheel and the map downstairs, to figure out which direction are we supposed to be sailing in. Frustration #2

when I finally reached the plundering island, I smashed into the dock, because the game doesn't tell you how to actually dock anywhere. Warnings started popping up for me to go repair my ship. Yeah, um, no. Frustration #3

I'm finished. Uninstalled. Goodbye SoT, ye shall not be missed.

Brrandon

Dec 13, 2019
thanks for the tips guys. As it turns out, it's frustrating solo. I did the maiden voyage tutorial, and that was fine I guess.

Wasn't terribly impressed with the screen tearing and the bizarre choice of artwork.

started on my first quest, first it took me five minutes to find where the heck I was going on the map. Frustration #1.

then when I finally started sailing, I found myself having to constantly run between the steering wheel and the map downstairs, to figure out which direction are we supposed to be sailing in. Frustration #2

when I finally reached the plundering island, I smashed into the dock, because the game doesn't tell you how to actually dock anywhere. Warnings started popping up for me to go repair my ship. Yeah, um, no. Frustration #3

A lot of that is just stuff that is solved by experience unfortunately. It just takes time and many attempts to get the hang of docking and navigation. Hell i have 88 hours in the game and i still occasionally misjudge a dock and slam into a rock haha. After a while you generally get a good sense of direction for getting around so you dont have to go to the map a lot but again that takes time

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
SoT helped get me through COVID. A great replacement for the pub! I can't praise this game enough - met some great people, and plundered some awesome loot.

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018

Play it with friends.

Deleted member 68874

Account closed at user request
Banned
May 10, 2020
How did Horizon do on Steam?

I know it launched in a bit of a rough shape, but it disappeared from the weekly charts pretty quickly.

I wonder if its changed Sony's plans for PC ports one way or another.

City 17

Oct 25, 2017
Hades has been on the list since forever.

Congrats to the fine folks at Supergiant

Le Dude

May 16, 2018
USA

It's pretty much worthless solo.

The best comparison I have for it is it's like Overcooked on a boat. I guess some people could manage solo, but the fun in the game is all the different tasks that have to be managed and trying to communicate and coordinate that with a team. Without a team it's basically just busy work for a single person.

Telaso

Oct 25, 2017
I'm one of those Index purchases.... I was trying to hold off but too many games I want to play.

Deleted member 2840

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hmm I honestly don't think that MTX are counted there, otherwise F2P games would appear. I think the only place that MTX are counted is on the list Valve does at the end of each year with the Platinum , Gold and stuff.

OldDirtyGamer

Apr 14, 2019

I tried on multiple occasions to get into the game and just couldnt .

TripleBee

Prophet of Truth
Oct 30, 2017
Vancouver
Sea of Thieves solo is only fun so if you have a ton of experience into the game imo. If you are starting off this is definitely a game to play with friends - full crew of 4 is best.

My recommendation is use the medium sized ship if it's 3 people, small ship for 2.

Brrandon

Dec 13, 2019
I really hope they consider a couch co-op version for the new consoles.
IMO they should do that, plus they should add in pve servers. I know thats an EXTREMELY touchy subject in the sea of thieves fanbase but it would help so many people not bounce off the game. I have a few friends who quit playing early on because theyre tired of getting dunked on by juicers when theyre trying to learn the game