• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan
Gets updated every Sunday and is ranked by revenue, not by unit sales.

List Publishing Date: Sun, 4th October, 2020:
  1. Among Us
  2. STAR WARS: Squadrons Pre-order Edition
  3. Phasmophobia
  4. Valve Index VR Kit
  5. STAR WARS: Squadrons
  6. Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout
  7. Red Dead Redemption 2
  8. Mafia: Definitive Edition
  9. Spelunky 2
  10. Hades
In comparison to this, here's last week(September 27th)'s List:
www.resetera.com

Steam's Weekly Global Top 10 Sellers, by Revenue, for the Week ending Sept. 27th. #1. Among Us #2. Valve Index VR Kit #3. Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout Sales

Gets updated every Sunday and is ranked by revenue, not by unit sales. List Publishing Date: Sun, 27th Sept. 2020: Among Us Valve Index VR Kit Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout Hades Mafia: Definitive Edition Medival Dynasty Nier: Automata No Man's Sky Red Dead Redemption 2 Cyberpunk 2077 In...

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
Phasmophobia has really been popping off. Well deserved too, it's hilarious to watch streamers play it.

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017
Feels like these charts are totally at the mercy of streamers these days. I'm amazed at how Among Us suddenly became a thing despite existing for such a long time.

Among Us, Fall Guys and Phasmophobia sales all seem to be actualized by streamer culture.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
Glad to see Mafia doing great.

Remake has some minor glitches and bugs, but overall it's good and story is still excellent.

Feels like these charts are totally at the mercy of streamers these days. I'm amazed at how Among Us suddenly became a thing despite existing for such a long time.

Among Us, Fall Guys and Phasmophobia sales all seem to be actualized by streamer culture.

Well streamers could be considered as extensions of games marketing plans, for long time now. Sponsored or not.

They drive sales of big AAA, but they also help these "lost games" like Among Us find their audiences.

OP
OP
AshenOne

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan

And it dethroned Fall guys completely... and out of nowhere! I'd say Fall Guys also spread word of mouth aside from streamers playing it also.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Phasmophobia has really been popping off. Well deserved too, it's hilarious to watch streamers play it.
Watched a bunch of my friends play it last night. They were talking shit about Barbara's cooking.

The moment they said she doesn't have a spice rack, every light in the house started flickering.

When the flickering stopped, all you heard was a collective screaming.

I was gasping.

Morten88

Dec 22, 2019
I love that both among us and phasmophobia have been blowing up, they are both so fun to watch on twitch

OP
OP
AshenOne

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan
Watched a bunch of my friends play it last night. They were talking shit about Barbara's cooking.

The moment they said she doesn't have a spice rack, every light in the house started flickering.

I was gasping.
Well one of the king's of horror is releasing in the final weeks of this month. Amnesia. I wonder if it'll blow up again.

dude

Oct 25, 2017
Tel Aviv

I mean, you show good games - People are gonna want to play them. This seems like a good thing to me overall, since it allows games like that to get the spotlight traditional game media doesn't really give them.

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017

I was gasping.

This has been my favorite clip, they're all so giggly and terrified that they desperately try to hide from a ghost that's not even coming for them while the one dead guy watches in bewilderment.

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, you show good games - People are gonna want to play them. This seems like a good thing to me overall, since it allows games like that to get the spotlight traditional game media doesn't really give them.

I'm of two minds - that yes this is a good thing as you've described, but it also encourages game designers to design and create games that maximize the appeal from a streamer perspective. While it seems fine now (all these games are actually fun) - I can picture this leaning in too far and taking it in a direction we never asked for. You might say, the game market is huge and theres plenty of room for all these experiences to exist, I have noticed that the indie market has a bad habit of cloning trends so much that they saturate the market with a particular design. I'm not worried of what's to come, just aware that we're going to see so many indie multiplayer clones in the coming months/year.