• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
My PC isn't strong enough to run this, but fantastic news! It's amazing how this series went from getting haphazard releases in the west to becoming almost as big of a juggernaut as it is in Japan. Can't wait to sink my claws into GU later this month!
Pleaaaaaaaase let this usher in an era where JP devs finally see the PC as a viable target platform. How many more wild success stories do we need to hear? I
Once Atlus is finally pushed to release anything on PC is when the floodgates will open.

asd202

Enlightened
Oct 27, 2017
Wow 10 million sooner than I thought. With the inevitable G version expansion this may very well become best selling Capcom game of all time.

Deleted member 11093

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Now imagine how much it would've sold if it released day and date on PC. :")
I hope next time, it will.
They're using the Rockstar tech where they force PC players to buy it on console then double dip full price on PC, I'd say it worked out splendidly for them, I'd be surprised if the next title launches simultaneously on PC.

Defuser

Oct 25, 2017
So it's 2 million steam sales....then we have that 1 million preorders on Tencent's game client. So does that mean MHW is already at 11 million?

Kaguya

Jun 19, 2018
zoDeByN.gif

1-D_FE

Oct 27, 2017
Figured it was in this territory and people were wildly underestimating in their guesses (in the 3 records thread). I think the general rule of thumb is 8X the concurrent users generally gives you a good idea (in launch windows). Even if that's a little high, I still wouldn't be shocked if it was 2 million based on the 300,000 concurrent users.

Deleted member 2840

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If we say that it's about 1.5 million Steam, I can imagine the WeGame version being at least 500k. Thats over 2 million copies sold on PC in less than a week, at full price, for a late port. Kind of amazing.

Aselith

Oct 27, 2017
Monstur Hunter newbies just shot themselves in the foot. You guys are mocking this statement, but you do understand what "legs" mean right? MHW's PC release has nothing to do with legs on PS4/XB1. It's a new release on another platform, so how does it challenge that statement at all? MHW is seeing great success on PC right now, and you guys choose to make these one-liners to mock unrelated points instead of celebrating? Jesus Christ. Are some of you people so mad about MH veterans (I'm an expert) that you have to make comments like this in every MHW thread? Apologize now or kiss your posting privileges goodbye.

FTFY

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia

MrCarter

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wow 10 million sooner than I thought. With the inevitable G version expansion this may very well become best selling Capcom game of all time.

It already is.

Monster Hunter: World has overcome both linguistic and cultural barriers to delight approximately 7 million players worldwide, and has shipped 7.5 million units, making it the best-selling title in company history.

http://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/news/html/e180305.html

The game is nearing 10 million units sold by now.

R.T Straker

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
You guys are mocking this statement, but you do understand what "legs" mean right? MHW's PC release has nothing to do with legs on PS4/XB1. It's a new release on another platform, so how does it challenge that statement at all? MHW is seeing great success on PC right now, and you guys choose to make these one-liners to mock unrelated points instead of celebrating? Jesus Christ. Are some of you people so mad about MH veterans that you have to make comments like this in every MHW thread?

Lol.

Prolly the same ''veterans'' that came up with this.

IvRQYE4.jpg

Thrill_house

Oct 27, 2017
So much for the "b-b-b-but mhw isn't going to sell as well as it would on a handheld!" crowd. Good job capcom. I'll be adding to that as soon as the drm/cpu lock issue is resolved.

Carlius

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
315k...and am not even convinved in buying it yet. as are a lot of friends, we are thinking about it. so theres def more ppl. the peak will be tomorrow.

Alej

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Could be at least 4M+ at the end on PC if double dipping goes in full force.

Then it would be 1/3 PC, 2/3 consoles, sounds fine for a game like this.

That's well deserved for MHW. I want more MonHun on consoles/PC and i think we greenlighted that together, thanks everyone.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Cool and funny but please add something of value. What do you mean? Reasons, evidence and analysis would help all of us.
Plenty of veterans love the game. Plenty of veterans are disappointed by changes made to the formula. I'm a "veteran" (I only started about 5 years ago with Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate on 3DS) and while World isn't my favorite Monster Hunter, it's really fucking good and a massive leap forward for the series in many aspects.

It's annoying when people try to speak for all of us for their console warz bullshit.

KCsoLucky

Oct 29, 2017
Cool and funny but please add something of value. What do you mean? Reasons, evidence and analysis would help all of us.

95% of the shitting on MHW was just console wars, not just series veterans. There are plenty of veterans that love MHW, even if they have issues with some parts of the game. I don't believe actual series fans would ever want one of their favorites to not grow/stagnate. Basically every MHW topic turned into a Media Create thread, because for some reason(console war) posters such as sfortunato tried their damndest to paint some negativity over the game's success.

OrdinaryPrime

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
95% of the shitting on MHW was just console wars, not just series veterans. There are plenty of veterans that love MHW, even if they have issues with some parts of the game. I don't believe actual series fans would ever want one of their favorites to not grow/stagnate. Basically every MHW topic turned into a Media Create thread, because for some reason(console war) posters such as sfortunato tried their damndest to paint some negativity over the game's success.

The Media Create threads aren't very welcoming as it is, I've stopped even reading them after reading and discussing things a lot on the old site.

KCsoLucky

Oct 29, 2017
The Media Create threads aren't very welcoming as it is, I've stopped even reading them after reading and discussing things a lot on the old site.

Yeah it's pretty sad as some of the discussion can be pretty interesting based on the detailed numbers given. I read the data from most threads and just a few posters before moving on every week. I mean, when there was the "waka waka" meme floating around last year from people that are literally excited about a Nintendo Pac-Man on the sales pie chart, it's kinda sad. NPD threads were pretty egregious with rabid Sony fans for a while but there was always better overall discussion to be had.