• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
According to Steam spy wide estimations , The Steam version of Monster Hunter world is somewhere between 2M and 5M users on Steam

http://steamspy.com/app/582010

I know that steamspy at its peak wasn't 100% accurate and It is just now using ranges in its non-Premium Version rather than numbers after Steam made their API more private but it was used to have a general image on the games performances , So now at least we know what is the game's range for now

It is worth saying that yesterday ( As of 10 August ) the game Concurrent users peaked at 292K users and as we speak now the number is 250K and at the moment is the current 3rd played game on Steam beating a game like CSGO , So there is a chance it might break 300K today considering it is the weekend

Edit : As of 19 August 2018 , According to Steamspy Premium estimations , Thanks Carlius for sharing the data

todays numbers are: Owners: 2,367,000

Last edited:

patapon

Banned
Dec 7, 2017
Superb figures if it's in that range. Should be the 2nd best selling version methinks. Congrats Capcom, deserve all the success.

MrTired

Oct 28, 2017
People have been dupe, the sequel won't sell nearly as well.

Skip to 0:45

tumblr_nhtwdbHoSy1ta933po1_500.gif

Deleted member 23046

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It won't be hard to know, Capcom provides detailed results per platform and region at every financial quarter.

Deleted member 38706

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 19, 2018

You guys are mocking this statement, but you do understand what "legs" mean right? MHW's PC release has nothing to do with legs on PS4/XB1. It's a new release on another platform, so how does it challenge that statement at all? MHW is seeing great success on PC right now, and you guys choose to make these one-liners to mock unrelated points instead of celebrating? Jesus Christ. Are some of you people so mad about MH veterans that you have to make comments like this in every MHW thread?

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
Yeah Monster Hunter is never ever going exclusive again, which is a good thing, Vita being robbed of MH was a bummer.

Trickster

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Glad the numbers are as good as they are. Hopefully Capcom will realize that the pc audience isn't some tiny segment, and treat the pc audience better with future titles. It was pretty ridiculous that we had to wait like half a year, and even then we got a port that could be a lot better

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
Glad the numbers are as good as they are. Hopefully Capcom will realize that the pc audience isn't some tiny segment, and treat the pc audience better with future titles. It was pretty ridiculous that we had to wait like half a year, and even then we got a port that could be a lot better
Hopefully, but GTAV sold like 15-20mil on PC & Rockstar refuses to port RDR2 day one. These publishers are silly sometimes.

Mezoly

Jimbo Replacement
Oct 25, 2017
You guys are mocking this statement, but you do understand what "legs" mean right? MHW's PC release has nothing to do with legs on PS4/XB1. It's a new release on another platform, so how does it challenge that statement at all? MHW is seeing great success on PC right now, and you guys choose to make these one-liners to mock unrelated points instead of celebrating? Jesus Christ. Are some of you people so mad about MH veterans that you have to make comments like this in every MHW thread?
Maybe those MH "veterans" shouldn't have trolled MH threads for the past few months and created this legs meme. The game is a tremendous success on Ps4/Xb as well and legs don't matter when you initially sell so much, better than launching with less and having good legs. It's going to pass 10 millions less than a year and even if it flattened in sales next year, it doesn't matter that much.

GhostTrick

Oct 25, 2017
Now imagine how much it would've sold if it released day and date on PC. :")
I hope next time, it will.

Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
that's great

before release, i remember a lot of people saying this game would fail completely. i don't know what they based such predictions on, but it's nice to see they were wrong

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
that's great

before release, i remember a lot of people saying this game would fail completely. i don't know what they based such predictions on, but it's nice to see they were wrong
The prediction was based upon some people thinking that Capcom abandoned them and their systems and hoped MHW failed so they would come running back.

alosarjos

Oct 27, 2017
Can't believe they got that many sales putting the game 7 months later, without the DLCs and with a normal/mediocre port and charging full new release price...

God dammit... I hope they work to fix the game instead of just letting it be because they have already sold enough...

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
People are mocking the console wars concern trolling about the game in general.

Menome

Oct 25, 2017
The prediction was based upon some people thinking that Capcom abandoned them and their systems and hoped MHW failed so they would come running back.

I also recall sentiments about it being a "casual" game because it was being released on the big two consoles and so proper Monster Hunter fans would be waiting for the next handheld iteration.

Deleted member 3017

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Streamlining Monster Hunter while still retaining everything that makes it great was such a smart decision on Capcom's part. I honestly never believed this series would find this level of success outside of Japan and I'm so happy to have been wrong.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
They need to fix some of the most jarring issues (optimization, connection, etc) if they want to retain the success for a much longer time.

Reviews are mixed since release and it's still going down steadily.

OP
OP
Ryuichi Naruhodo
Oct 25, 2017
They need to fix some of the most jarring issues (optimization, connection, etc) if they want to retain the success for a much longer time.

Reviews are mixed since release and it's still going down steadily.

Yep , Capcom should be worried about the Steam reviews if it want this game to have some good legs , and Since most of the negative reviews is all about performance and port issues then it is all in Capcom hands to fix , Unlike No man Sky for example which most of its negative reviews is about the game itself

OP
OP
Ryuichi Naruhodo
Oct 25, 2017
lets not forget

UdhpoFW.jpg

Sure thing Capcom

not exactly 6 , but MHW is lower score than the other two games

Last edited:

Emka

Oct 27, 2017
"MH veterans" LMAO.

Sheev

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully, but GTAV sold like 15-20mil on PC & Rockstar refuses to port RDR2 day one. These publishers are silly sometimes.
I mean, lets be real. With RDR2 they're probably doing the exact same thing they did with GTAV. Release on current-gen first, then get people to double dip or even triple dip on next-gen and PC versions in 2 years.

Frozenprince

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pleaaaaaaaase let this usher in an era where JP devs finally see the PC as a viable target platform. How many more wild success stories do we need to hear? I