• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 26, 2017
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...l_dig_a_path_to_nintendo_3ds_on_22nd_february

It'll be priced at $19.99 / €19.99 in North America and Europe and, if some of the official screenshots are anything to by, it's going to look just as gorgeous as the Nintendo Switch version. We'll be reviewing this incarnation as well, so look out for our review around its launch on 22nd February, 2018.

Yep, they did it, now every Steamworld game is on 3DS (including Tower Defense via DSiWare).

Grim Patron

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Will buy because it deserves to be bought everywhere. Already have on switch and ps. How would I go about getting SW tower defense? Is it still possible?

Blackpuppy

Oct 28, 2017
Cool! Speaking of which, whatever happened to the q/a that resetera was supposed to do with the founder(s)?

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
That's... Amazing. I already had a lot of respect for Image & Form and it's just gone up a notch.

memoryman3

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Seeing how SteamWorld Dig 2 is pushing out all these effects I wonder how it will run on the 3DS. Will it be 60fps on the new 3DS?

Nov 4, 2017
3DS - the gift that keeps on giving.
Great for portable players without a Vita/Switch.
Its even great for portablr players WITH a Switch. I don't wanna take my AU$600 worth of switch with me errywhere, along with a bag, battery bank etc. My 3DS fits in a pocket, gives better battery power and can be replaced for $199 if something goes wrong :D

Seriously though can we track down the people who said the 3DS would be dead in 2018 and make them eat crow yet?

Jonneh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
UK
3DS offered a lot to Image and Form so I'm not surprised. I do wonder how well it'll do though!

Acido

Oct 31, 2017
Aw man, I actually prefer to play these 2D indie games on the 3DS. I would've waited if I knew it was coming.

SJUG

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
United States
This is really neat. Haven't bought the game on Switch yet for no real reason, but will pick this up on 3DS.

L.O.R.D

Oct 26, 2017
when they announced the game i thought they should release it on the 3DS, but then after i saw some videos i thought maybe the 3DS is not powerful enough to play it, steamWorld Dig 2 is much bigger and have more mechanics than the first game.

i am really surprised they decide to make this port.

now we wait for mighty no 9 Vita/3DS port.

Deleted member 33

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Cool! Speaking of which, whatever happened to the q/a that resetera was supposed to do with the founder(s)?

Yeah, I must personally apologize for the delay.

Unfortunately, the Image & Form founders have been delayed due to their busy schedules. First, they released Steamworld Heist on Switch on December 28th. Then they went on vacation until January 10th. Then they released Steamworld Dig 1 on Switch. And now they're releasing Steamworld Dig 2 on 3DS.

So I imagine we'll have to wait a bit longer before that Q&A is published. The last month-and-a-half seem like an extremely busy time for the company right now. They've been juggling a bunch of releases. So again, I want to apologize to everyone regarding that matter.

The Good News: The Chucklefish Q&A should be published very, very soon.

MrMiyamoto

Oct 31, 2017

Unfortunately, the Image & Form founders have been delayed due to their busy schedules. First, they released Steamworld Heist on Switch on December 28th. Then they went on vacation until January 10th. Then they released Steamworld Dig 1 on Switch. And now they're releasing Steamworld Dig 2 on 3DS.

So I imagine we'll have to wait a bit longer before that Q&A is published. The last month-and-a-half seem like an extremely busy time for the company right now. They've been juggling a bunch of releases. So again, I want to apologize to everyone regarding that matter.

Not to mention the merger they just had in January with Zoink to become Thunderful. Busy probably doesn't even cover it.

Buddy

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Awesome game. One of the best on switch I played last year...I loved it and am a big fan of the devs now.

Drain You

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Connecticut
Holy shit, I couldn't get into Steamworld Dig 2 on PC but I'll give it another shot on 3DS. Loved playing the first on 3DS.

Jo-awn

Oct 25, 2017
New York, NY
I was wondering when it would come to the 3DS seeing as I have Heist and Dig 1 on 3DS. I'll definitely check it out somewhere down the line as I enjoyed Dig 1. I'm sure it looks nicer on a larger screen but it's nice to see I&F bring it full circle on the 3DS.

Blackpuppy

Oct 28, 2017

Cool! Thanks for the explanation - it definitely makes sense.