• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
tumblr_inline_pjerbr1gZz1rfz489_640.jpg

Tutturu! Welcome to Steins;Gate Elite ResetERA OT!

2ikfuxk.png

xfdls9.png

Title: Steins;Gate Elite
Platforms: PlayStation®4 / Nintendo Switch™ / Steam®
Release Date: February 19, 2019
Rating: ESRB M - PEGI 16
Genre: Adventure / Visual Novel
Developer: 5pb., Nitroplus
Producer: Tatsuya Matsubara
Publisher: Spike Chunsoft
Player(s): 1
Price: $59.99/€59.99 (Standard Edition), $89.99/€89.99 (Limited Edition)

2lxc7ll.jpg

Okabe Rintaro - aka Okarin - is an eccentric college student who dreams of conspiracy and chaos.
Adopting the persona of a mad scientist, he spends his time developing oddball gadgets with his friends in their makeshift laboratory.
One day, they accidentally discover that one of their inventions can send emails into the past. In other words, they have created a time machine.
A secret global conspiracy develops behind the scenes in the meantime and a chaotic future begins to unfold.
SERN, John Titor, the IBN 5100, the Butterfly Effect, and the 11 theories of time travel - when chance brings these elements together in Akihabara, Japan, the fate of the world hangs in the balance.
What will Okarin choose when he holds the future in his hands?

The world of Steins;Gate returns, completely transformed nine years after its initial release, in a fully animated version.
This seamless blend of visual mediums offers an ever more immersive experience!
It contains brand-new, never-before-animated scenes by WHITE FOX, producers of the anime.

nxlspl.png

epocad.png

24q3bdt.png

Steins;Gate Elite Opening Movie

Steins;Gate Elite GDC 2018 Trailer

Steins;Gate Elite Story Trailer

Steins;Gate Elite Nintendo Pre-Purchase Trailer

122difd.png

2n3yqc.jpg
2rw5oxy.jpg

8-BIT ADV STEINS;GATE (Nintendo Switch exclusive bonus content)

Experience the city of Akihabara completely reimagined in an 8-bit world and solve mysteries as Okarin!
When Okarin and his friends made the "PhoneWave (name subject to change)", they had no idea it would have the ability to send e-mails to the past and, as a result, change the present.
Tragedy strikes as an organization behind a global conspiracy seeks to obtain their invention and threaten the fate of humanity!
But even when the outcome changes, their fate ends in disaster time and time again...
Faced with overwhelming despair, which future will Okarin choose?
Change the past to save the future!

Additional information:
Rating: T (Teen)
Included with: Steins;Gate Elite Nintendo Switch version
This content requires a Nintendo Switch system and an Internet connection to download it.
8-BIT ADV STEINS;GATE will be available for digital download from the Nintendo eShop with the digital purchase of Steins;Gate Elite.
A voucher code is included for digital download of 8-BIT ADV STEINS;GATE from the Nintendo eShop with the physical purchase of Steins;Gate Elite for Nintendo Switch.

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=KjSKs2hQ_ks

STEINS;Gate: Linear Bounded Phenogram

Discover a new side of each Steins;Gate character and get a glimpse of their inner thoughts through 10 new stories for every lab member!
The art of this Visual Novel is the same as the original Steins;Gate game, it isn't fully animated like Steins;Gate Elite.

Additional information:
Rating: M (Mature)
Included with: Steins;Gate Elite PS4 and Steam version
This content requires either a PlayStation4 system or a Steam compatible computer, as well as an Internet connection to download it.
It will be available for digital download from the PlayStation Store or Steam Store with the digital purchase of Steins;Gate Elite.
A voucher code is included for digital download from the PlayStation Store with the physical purchase of Steins;Gate Elite for PlayStation4.

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7fhTikHEH8

oa3dso.png

20tfk1j.jpg

The Limited Edition includes:
  1. Hardcover Storyboard Collection: Storyboards for the newly-created animated scenes specifically for STEINS;GATE ELITE. Kenichi Kawamura, director of the STEINS;GATE 0 anime series, oversaw the creation of each storyboard. (Hardcover, 100+ pages)
  2. Exclusive Cloth Poster: Features original artwork designed specifically for this limited edition with the best girl!
s24il3.jpg
KurisuPoster_resize.jpg

149p5c6.png

Gaming Age (A): http://www.gaming-age.com/2019/02/steinsgate-elite-review-for-ps4-switch-pc/
Digitally Downloaded (5/5): http://www.digitallydownloaded.net/2019/02/review-steinsgate-elite-sony.html
PlayStation Universe (9/10): https://www.psu.com/reviews/ps4-steins-gate-elite/
Destructoid (9/10): https://www.destructoid.com/review-steins-gate-elite-542029.phtml
RPG Site (9/10): https://www.rpgsite.net/review/8284-steins-gate-elite-review
Twinfinite (4/5): https://twinfinite.net/2019/02/steinsgate-elite-review/

OpenCritic: 88
MetaCritic: 88

mhfsrp.png

I read that Steins;Gate is part of the Science Adventure series, to which other games like Chaos;Child and Robotics;Notes belong to. Can I start with Steins;Gate as first game?
Absolutely yes! It's the game thanks to which this series has become famous and one of the best ever Visual Novels, with an outstanding stand-alone story.

I read about the existence of Steins;Gate 0 visual novel. Since in the title there is a 0, is it a prequel and should I play it before Elite?
Absolutely not! You MUST play Steins;Gate 0 AFTER Elite or the original Steins;Gate visual novel, because otherwise it would spoil you about important parts of its ending!

What are the differences with the original Steins;Gate game?
The main difference is that, for Elite version, the art is directly taken by the anime and WHITE FOX also animated new scenes belonging to the alternative endings. However some parts of these alternative endings aren't present in the Elite version, for example the most notable one is:
the absence of 4C, Faris rival

If I buy the Steam version, which bonus content I get?
You get the Linear Bounded Phenogram novel.

Can I buy one of the two bonus contents without the Steins;Gate Elite game?
Unfortunately not, the bonus contents are available only buying Steins;Gate Elite.

If I buy the physical Switch/PS4 copy, is the content present on that copy?
Inside the physical box there is a voucher with a code which you can use to redeem the bonus content digitally on the Nintendo eShop or PlayStation Store.

Is it better or worse than the original Visual Novel?
In my opinion, it is a different version. It has flaws and values. For someone, the original art can be superior that the anime art, for other it can be the contrary; art however is just an element of difference. I suggest you to watch some videos and to read some of the reviews to have a better idea of what a "fully animated" visual novel is.

Does it have English VO?
No, it has only Japanese VO.

How long are the bonus contents?
8-BIT ADV STEINS;GATE is around 6 hours, while Linear Bounded Phenogram is around 20-30 hours.

Is it possible tu turn the original art on?
No, in Steins;Gate Elite only the anime art is included.

Other FAQs could be added in future.
I thank you to have read my first OT, I will appreciate any suggestion to improve it and my future ones!
And to end...

2s9zy91.png

Last edited:

Linde

Banned
Sep 2, 2018
Man I want this so bad... But the art?

Is it just like screenshots from the anime?

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for that informative OP! Cleared up some things I was confused about with regard to the bonus content.

I want this for Linear Bounded Phenogram alone... Not sure I can justify the price though. I hope that package with SG0 on Switch gets localized. I haven't played that yet, so it wouldn't be as hard an ask.

I need more Okarin and Kurisu in my life!

Edit: wait, is LBP really 30 (!) hours of content? That's almost as long as the main game, in my playthrough anyway. I thought it was like a few hours. Or was I thinking of the 8-bit game?

Last edited:

sschol

Oct 27, 2017
I wanna play both of the new bonus games, but as much as I love S;G... $120 dollars is a steep price for that. Not especially interested in the anime version of the VN, but chances are I'd play it anyways on Switch. Oh well, someday...

Yata

Feb 1, 2019
Spain
Wondering if I should give this another try and at least beat it. Tried the original VN and couldn't get past the slow intro, tried the anime and reached what many people told me was the climax of the story and was utterly bored.

At this point, I really don't think this VN is for me but I really want to like it. Maybe when it gets a discount.

Yappa

Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg/Germany
Man, I'd like to play those extra games, but I'm not too interested in experiencing the main story again.
Thanks for including the names of the voice actors. There are too many OT's where that information is missing.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Man, I'd like to play those extra games, but I'm not too interested in experiencing the main story again.
Thanks for including the names of the voice actors. There are too many OT's where that information is missing.

Yes, they really elevated the experience! Speaking of which, does this not have English VO? I thought the English anime dub was top notch.

Edit: apparently not, according to the Steam page :/

Last edited:

TheStebe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
London
Is it possible to choose the original art style at all? I kinda liked that textured look and feel of the characters

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for that informative OP! Cleared up some things I was confused about with regard to the bonus content.

I want this for Linear Bounded Phenogram alone... Not sure I can justify the price though. I hope that package with SG0 on Switch gets localized. I haven't played that yet, so it wouldn't be as hard an ask.

I need more Okarin and Kurisu in my life!

Edit: wait, is LBP really 30 (!) hours of content? That's almost as long as the main game, in my playthrough anyway. I thought it was like a few hours. Or was I thinking of the 8-bit game?

8-bit is the one that's a few hours long.

Linear Bounded Phenogram was originally a normal game sold at retail on PS3/360/Vita. This barebones port of it was included with the PS4 version of Elite in Japan. For some inexplicable reason, they decided localizing an entire 10s of hours long VN just to preserve having the same preorder bonus was a good idea.

Which, hey, happy to have it, it's why I'm buying this, but I don't understand the decision, hah.

Catvoca

Oct 25, 2017
Ugh, why can't they include the bonus games with all versions? I wouldn't mind replaying the main game on Switch with the new art but I'd also like to play Linear Bounded Phenogram. Such a dumb way of doing things.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Ugh, why can't they include the bonus games with all versions? I wouldn't mind replaying the main game on Switch with the new art but I'd also like to play Linear Bounded Phenogram. Such a dumb way of doing things.

The only reason they did it to begin with is because it's what Japan got. And there, 8-bit's the new thing while LBP is just a port.

calc84maniac

Oct 25, 2017
A buddy of mine just posted a video about this he's been working on. It's a nice introspective on the game, just note there are some minor spoilers up to early chapter 1.

JimJamJones

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Have this on my Vita yet never played it. Debating whether or not to pick it up for Switch because I'm much more likely to play it on there.

Keikaku

Oct 27, 2017
The original is one of my favourites but $60 is a little bit too steep. Hopefully it shows up on third party sellers a tad cheaper.

anariel

Oct 27, 2017
I knew this was coming for a long time, but I started up the original VN anyway. I'm at Chapter 4 and not really sure whether I should keep going or just start over with Elite. Part of me feels like having the animated scenes would make it a bit more engaging, but I'm not sure. Decisions, decisions...

OP
OP
Dany1899

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
In the meantime, Amazon.fr just noticed me they sent my Limited Edition (it should come on Friday but I won't be at home and will collect it at the post office, fortunately I still have to finish Tales of Vesperia). In fact in my country the LE isn't available anyway, I don't understand why. The distribution has been quite strange.

LordHuffnPuff

Doctor Videogames at Allfather Productions
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
webernet
I knew this was coming for a long time, but I started up the original VN anyway. I'm at Chapter 4 and not really sure whether I should keep going or just start over with Elite. Part of me feels like having the animated scenes would make it a bit more engaging, but I'm not sure. Decisions, decisions...
Play both. I think it's the sort of thing where having played the original will enhance your appreciation, especially because it's not a 1:1 clone.
I am also willing to use the
Time Leap Machine
as long as we find a Kurisu able to build it.
The other option is that a moderator reads us and modify the OT title, I find Elite.Psy.Kongroo quite appropriate
Self report? I think that might be allowed?

OP
OP
Dany1899

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
I understand your doubts, because the original art was beautiful, but also the anime had a very good style. Since you started the original VN, I suggest you to finish it and then in the future, instead of watching the anime, you coudl play Elite as a full experience.

Self report? I think that might be allowed?
I just did it, thank you for your suggestion!
Edit: And also thanks to the staff member who immediately made the change!

Dragon1893

Oct 25, 2017
I miss these characters so damn much, Linear Bounded Phenogram will be such a treat for me. Stein's Gate is simply one of the best things ever.

Refyref

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I have the original on Vita, but never played it because I never had the free space to actually download it. I ordered this version, I think it's far more likely that I'll end up actually playing it here.
Probably they get a few extra sales from the hardcore fans this way. They're leaving the Switch release of LBP to an upcoming bundle with SG0 and a dating sim spin-off. They'll probably release that in English as well at some point.

Last edited:

Slacker247

Oct 27, 2017
Can't you just, you know, look up the original art later? This has more content, no?

Just for the sake of art, that I can find later seems like a weird choice to not play the new, more content version? Am I missing something?

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
It's worth noting a LBP was just announced for Switch in Japan as part of a collection with 0 and Darling of Loving Vows. Hopefully Spike Chunsoft decides to bring that west too.

https://gematsu.com/2018/12/steinsgate-divergencies-assort-announced-for-switch

Oct 25, 2017
If I get the Switch version, I can't *buy* the LBP as DLC or vice versa? That's so incredibly lame.

This is as bad as store-exclusive bonuses.

Chacranajxy

Oct 29, 2017
So, does this version really "lose" any content vs the original VN? Other than the original art, obviously.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
I'm interested in this game but does this collection include it? Because if so I might wait for that to be translated.
Yes, per the article:

Gematsu said:
Multiple Japanese retailers including Biccamera and Yodobashi have listed "Steins;Gate: Divergencies Assort" for Switch. It will launch on March 20, 2019 in Japan for 9,250 yen at retail and 7,800 yen via download. First-print copies will include a "Special Book" containing a novel and more.

Steins;Gate: Divergencies Assort includes three Steins;Gate in one collection: Steins;Gate 0, Steins;Gate: Darling of Loving Vows, and Steins;Gate: Linear Bounded Phenogram.

Update 12/25/18 at 5:00 a.m.: 5pb. has posted the official announcement.

goodretina

Dec 30, 2018
I found Steinsgate after finishing the Zero Escape games. Some of the characters are annoying, but the overall character development and story are top notch. There are some great music tracks, too. Steinsgate 0 was a disappointment and felt extremely rushed at the end, but I would have probably bought the this on the Switch if it had the extra game as the bonus and not the 8-bit. Oh well. Maybe on sale.

Highly recommend it for people who are remotely interested and never played it, though.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Can't you just, you know, look up the original art later? This has more content, no?

Just for the sake of art, that I can find later seems like a weird choice to not play the new, more content version? Am I missing something?

You've missed that there's actually no additional content in this version, to my knowledge.

The advertised "exclusive content" is very misleading, if that's what you're referring to. They're talking about literally an entire different game that's just a preorder bonus; it's not in the game itself. This is the exact same game as the original, seemingly with small changes to fit the anime as needed, but those changes aren't necessarily additions.

and the anime art is just... kinda bland, especially as a fan of huke's art style

I'm interested in this game but does this collection include it? Because if so I might wait for that to be translated.

Not sure what you mean by "it". If you mean Elite, no, the collection does not include it. The collection is 0 (the sequel) + LBP (spin-off) + another spin-off. If you mean LBP...

If you buy Elite on PS4 or PC, you will get Linear Bounded Phenogram. It is the only way to get LBP in English currently and it is unlikely to be released separately on PS4. We do not know if the Switch collection will be released in English.

So, does this version really "lose" any content vs the original VN? Other than the original art, obviously.

Supposedly one character in one chapter isn't met directly in Elite (...despite them being in LBP...?) because they weren't in the anime, or something? It does not strike me as a major change.

EDIT: actually maybe it was that they were in the 8-bit game, which would be a weirder choice since that's new to this release, idk

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Peru
Not sure what you mean by "it". If you mean Elite, no, the collection does not include it. The collection is 0 (the sequel) + LBP (spin-off) + another spin-off. If you mean LBP...

If you buy Elite on PS4 or PC, you will get Linear Bounded Phenogram. It is the only way to get LBP in English currently and it is unlikely to be released separately on PS4. We do not know if the Switch collection will be released in English.
Ah, I see. So I can safely buy this game and wait for the collection right?

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I'm curious too, but looking at the article, it seems like it includes 3 other SG games aside from what's presumably SG1 in this release. Can anyone confirm?

It's specifically the spinoffs. These are the relevant S;G games. Note that the numbering isn't chronological or release order; I just needed shorthand:

1. Steins;Gate, the original.
2. Steins;Gate Elite, anime version of the original.
3. Steins;Gate 0, the sequel.
4. Steins;Gate Linear Bounded Phenogram, short story collection spin-off.
5. Steins;Gate Darling of Loving Vows, romantic comedy spin-off.

Currently you can buy the original (1) or sequel (3) on multiple platforms in English. This thread's release (2) will come with LBP (4) on PS4/PC, which is the only way to get LBP in English. Meanwhile, this currently Japan-exclusive collection is 3 + 4 + 5; there is no realease of 5 in english.

...that probably wasn't a very clear way to explain it when "0" is involved, but. Hope that helped.