• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Scullibundo

Oct 25, 2017
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/toy-story-4-finds-writer-1075806
Stephany Folsom, who recently had a feud with Marvel after being denied a "Story by" credit on Thor: Ragnarok,has been tapped to write the script for the upcoming fourth installment of the long-running Pixar franchise, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.

Rashida Jones was initially attached as writer for the film, along with her writing partner Will McCormack, but she left the project last year. It was initially reported that Jones decided to step away from the project because of unwanted advances from Pixar head John Lasseter, who took a leave of absence following claims of sexual harassment and misconduct, but Jones refuted the reports in The New York Times, saying, "We did not leave Pixar because of unwanted advances. ... We parted ways because of creative and, more importantly, philosophical differences." Jones and McCormack went on to say that Pixar has a "a culture where women and people of color do not have an equal creative voice."

For Folsom, the role as writer on Toy Story 4 is her first major credit. She appeared on The Black List in 2013 for her original screenplay 1969: A Space Odyssey, or How Kubrick Learned to Stop Worrying and Land on the Moon.

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
They shouldn't even make a sequel to Toy Story 3 what the hell

Also I wish this lady the best, hopefully she pulls off such a tough feat to follow-up that trilogy and not make it feel superfluous

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Why is this happening.

Toy Story 3 was a perfect ending.

Do you really need to ask after we got a Monsters Inc prequel, a Finding Nemo sequel focused on Dory and three Cars movies?

mfmowpy9.gif

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Doesn't this come out next year? A little late to be hiring a writer just now, isn't it?

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Eh, the story didn't need anymore, but let's see where they take this. They be idiots if they didn't at least address tablets/smart technology taking over the role of physical toys nowadays

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
I didn't particularly think Toy Story 3 was necessary, but it turned out to be great, so I'm down for a 4th if it keeps the quality up.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
uh, isn't this movie supposed to come out next year? Seems awfully late to hire a new writer given the turnaround on animated films.

Certinfy

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Toy Story 3 is the greatest movie ever made with the best ending to a trilogy.

If this isn't good I'll be so disappointed, but at least the story premise sounds good.

zychi

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Chicago
I really dont like what Disney has become since Wall-E came out. Too many sequels to things that dont need sequels. Too many superhero movies. When this boat finally sinks, Disney is gonna be in trouble

Oozer

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if she's doing a full rewrite, or closer to script doctoring whatever it is now. If the former, then the movie pretty much has to be delayed. If the latter, then they might be able to get away with a 2019 release. Toy Story 2 was essentially remade in about 18 months.

Also, any one want to send her Blacklist script, "1969: A Space Odyssey, or How Kubrick Learned to Stop Worrying and Land on the Moon," my way? It sounds interesting.

Caldorosso

Jan 15, 2018
I'll remain optimistic they won't turn Toy Story into another franchise to run into the ground, but the 3rd had such a perfect ending. :/

demosthenes

Oct 25, 2017
Do you really need to ask after we got a Monsters Inc prequel, a Finding Nemo sequel focused on Dory and three Cars movies?

mfmowpy9.gif

I hate that I feel compelled to defend Pixar on the old forum and here but ok.

In the last 20 years they've made more new IP than any other studio and have had a track record at the top or near the top compared to any other studio. At the end of the day, yes they're a business out to make money, and they still do it better than 90% of the studios out there.

All bubbles pop. Batman was king superhero for awhile there, now his movies are a liability

It's not because of Batman...

zychi

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Chicago
I hate that I feel compelled to defend Pixar on the old forum and here but ok.

In the last 20 years they've made more new IP than any other studio and have had a track record at the top or near the top compared to any other studio. At the end of the day, yes they're a business out to make money, and they still do it better than 90% of the studios out there.

It's not because of Batman...
Are you going to finish your thought or is this a new internet thing of ending a post with...