• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Agent Unknown

Oct 26, 2017
Wonder how they'll top the toys going to a prison camp for most of the last movie not to mention almost being burned to death.

demosthenes

Oct 25, 2017
Are you going to finish your thought or is this a new internet thing of ending a post with...

DC movies are not failing because of Batman. They're failing because of poor direction on each of their movies and a failed direction from the top of the studio which has been juggled like 3 times. They wanted Avengers money so badly they shot themselves in the foot. I thought this was common knowledge.

Zan

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
All bubbles pop. Batman was king superhero for awhile there, now his movies are a liability

ha no. Disney flicks will still be at the top no matter what anyone else does. They have audience manipulation down pat. If one bombs, they just need to have Deadpool walk on screen and say "Well hello there, Kylo Ren, Homer Simpson and the extended cast of the Aliens Cinematic Universe"

Was Bo Peep really that beloved of a character? Did anyone else look at the relationship between Woody and her in previous films and think "I want to see more of this"

DarkSora

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Toy Story 3 was the perfect ending.

They could have just kept on doing the shorts and let the series live on but nope, time for another sequel. :(

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The sequel will be about a middle aged loser Andy and his new toys like Fleischer the Fleshlight

KeyBladerXIII

Dec 5, 2017
3 was great though. They don't need a sequel.

7f2cfe89127b92613e998ec50be0433a--funny-toys-toy-story.jpg

Fucking hell that Woody is terrifying

midfalutin

Oct 25, 2017
Toy Story 3 has a more justifiable hook for a sequel than Toy Story 2 did, so I dunno what you all are on about.

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
That's what I was wondering. It's slated for June 2019, so I take it that means they're just gonna crank it out in a little over/under a year?
Like a lot of trade news, this almost certainly didn't just happen. It's simply being reported now.

I mean, if I had a nickel for every time the trades report a show has been renewed when I know the writers have been working for weeks/months...

Pbae

Oct 26, 2017
We learn that Buzz was right all along. The toys were actually all aliens disguised as toys after crash landing on earth killing Andy's dad. With their memories wiped, these toys discover their true Skrull origins and cope with their new memories and old missions.

Gravidee

Oct 28, 2017
4970081790_db47076a22_o.jpg

I wonder if any employees at Pixar have the revoltech in their offices. Anyone think the movies will ever address figures for adult toy collectors? Toy Story 2 sort of touched on that but the Roundup Gang were still oriented towards young children.

Keyboard

Maybe this sequel is to sell Disney's new properties like Star Wars and Marvel toys.

A one to two hour commercial for Disney toys.

Dr. Caroll

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Remember the original version of Toy Story 3, by another company, that got killed? I wish we could have gotten both films. I love when different groups release their take on the same subject matter.
http://www.slashfilm.com/art-storyboards-toy-story-3-that-could-have-been/
One of the things that has always interested me about Toy Story as a series is how much of a Brave Little Toaster retread it was. (Yes, I know John Lasseter was involved in BLT's early development.) It's not just the nightmare sequences, the fear of abandonment that underpins the entire narrative, the junkyard climaxes -- characters like St. Elmo Peters were clearly the basis for Sid and Al. Toy Story is Brave Little Toaster with toys instead of appliances.

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
Don't really think it's necessary, but if manage to come up with a good story I'm in.

Aftermath

Oct 27, 2017
They are Toys, they can still go on adventures, they can get passed down through Generations, thats why they can keep going and it will totally make sense