• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

KNZFive

Oct 28, 2017
A Very Special Episode has probably the funniest Pearl freak out since Know Your Fusion and Say Uncle. Deedee Magno Hall had an incredibly emotional trio of performances in Volleyball and now she's being absolutely hilarious just two episodes later.

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
Man, were those hilarious episodes.

Bluebird was basically a hate sex fusion.

And Onion will never not be creepy. Will he ever get jail time?

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
I really disagree with that tweet. Despite the jokes this isn't Steven Ball Z. The fights are there for the characters and story.

To make the longer would only damage the storytelling.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
I missed the airings. Anyone know what time they usually go up on the Cartoon Network app/website?

hateradio

Oct 28, 2017
welcome, nowhere
I saw a few episodes recently. It's alright.

I have to say that the non-main gems and corrupted creatures are not that cute to me. They feel like rejects, which is the point. But ugh. 🙅‍♂️🙅‍♂️

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
One of the things I wasn't expecting from Future was how hilarious it is. So far I've laughed out loud at each episode at least once, for whatever reason it's a lot funnier than the previous seasons were.

I like it so far. So far the six episodes are reminding me a lot more of Season 1 of the show, but with all the developments since then. The pacing, wackiness, creative and slightly off-kilter episode premises and bigger focus on character moments rather than story moments is making me feel Season 1 vibes a lot. Like the episodes in Future feel more in-line in the beginning of the series where they could have an episode where Steven transforms into a cat or gets attacked by a living french fry mascot or stuck in a spinning Gem pyramid or take on trials in some sunken gem ruins than the last few seasons to me. The characters are developed much further than Season 1 and there's more characters in play, but it feels like this season they decided to all at once go forward with all the events and story but also go backwards with their formula and execution. There's some good and bad with that, but overall I'm really enjoying it!

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
2e14b11a5d0b41889ee053c813485c312f72654b.gif

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Ruby and Aquamarine as terrible villains united by an excessive hatred of Steven is absolutely amazing, I really liked the acknowledgement that not everyone loves Steven and not everyone is willing to change for the better.

A Very Special Episode was fun, I loved Sunstone doing what they do best, and Pearl interacting with Onion was incredibly funny

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
On Google play as well. Finally got a chance to mini marathon all of the currently released episodes. I'm enjoying them as they feel like the old townie episodes... But just like those I'm still twitchy at the end of them because there doesn't seem to be any real progression in an overarching sense.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I almost miss Ronaldo... Yeah his episodes were awful, but at least there was always some super nice foreshadowing.

Mar 9, 2018
Bluebird is one fugly gem!

I liked these episodes. I agree. They're funnier than Steven Universe TOS (the original series) was. SUTOS' humor was sometimes super bland on townie focused episodes. I like the wackiness of SUF vs SUTOS. And thankfully, we still get those emotional awkward episodes like Rose Buds and Volleyball. Looking good so far for SUF.

Opto

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Ruby and Aquamarine as terrible villains united by an excessive hatred of Steven is absolutely amazing, I really liked the acknowledgement that not everyone loves Steven and not everyone is willing to change for the better.
Yeah SU:F has been yanking on loose treads of Steven's philosophy while still maintaining a message of optimism.

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So uh this article is under the impression that the ten episodes we know about is ALL of SU: Future. They make a few references to the show being "over half over" already.

Um what? If that's the case then I'm definitely not enjoying what they're choosing to do with their ten episode run.
That's absolutely not the case- the Crewniverse is still working on episodes to come, and we have summaries of the remaining four episodes that don't cover everything that's in the title sequence, never mind anything else.

I'm expecting a regular 26-episode season, to be honest.

EDIT: Sure enough, the writer of the article states in the comments that she's just making an assumption.

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
So uh this article is under the impression that the ten episodes we know about is ALL of SU: Future. They make a few references to the show being "over half over" already.

Um what? If that's the case then I'm definitely not enjoying what they're choosing to do with their ten episode run.
That's absolutely not the case- the Crewniverse is still working on episodes to come, and we have summaries of the remaining four episodes that don't cover everything that's in the title sequence, never mind anything else.

EDIT: Sure enough, the writer of the article states in the comments that she's just making an assumption.

There's evidence Steven Universe Future may go on for a little bit, though after the first 10 episodes we're on hiatus for a bit again. Going by episode synopsis and the team still working on new episodes, yeah it's not over.

I originally thought Steven Universe Future was going to be the "final season" of the main show, but another Cartoon Network showrunner a couple months ago more than hinted that Future was going to be multi-season, not the "final season" like many assumed. and going that purchasing the season online on Amazon and the like state very clearly it's "Season 1" of Steven Universe Future, I think Future is going to last at least a couple seasons, if not more. And 10 episodes is just how many episodes we're getting before hiatus time, not the entirety of Season 1 (which yeah, I suspect is the usual 20-30 episodes).

OP
OP
Morlas

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
when they say limited they could very well just mean that they know where they're going to eventually stop, not that there's not going to be many episodes

ObbyDent

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles

Nobody has journalistic integrity anymore why would you assume that without definite proof or at least admit that in your article

KNZFive

Oct 28, 2017
There's evidence Steven Universe Future may go on for a little bit, though after the first 10 episodes we're on hiatus for a bit again. Going by episode synopsis and the team still working on new episodes, yeah it's not over.

I originally thought Steven Universe Future was going to be the "final season" of the main show, but another Cartoon Network showrunner a couple months ago more than hinted that Future was going to be multi-season, not the "final season" like many assumed. and going that purchasing the season online on Amazon and the like state very clearly it's "Season 1" of Steven Universe Future, I think Future is going to last at least a couple seasons, if not more. And 10 episodes is just how many episodes we're getting before hiatus time, not the entirety of Season 1 (which yeah, I suspect is the usual 20-30 episodes).
The episode synopsis of the next four episodes confirm or hint that we'll get some of the antagonists in the intro
(the two Lapises and the cactus Steven monster)
, but also don't have any indication that they'll cover some of the other potential threats
(a Pink-ified White Diamond and that giant worm monster that may or may not be a corrupted Steven)

I don't think we're getting more than 52 episodes at most though. I've seen some newer crew members mention that they have finished their work on SUF, so unless they're constantly hiring new people, I think the show is done next year.

One big clue is the item description for the second Steven Universe artbook entitled "Steven Universe: End of an Era," which is releasing in July 2020: Amazon Link

The title itself can either refer to the end of "Era 2" that Change Your Mind signaled, or the end of the show (including Future). The last line of the description is this: "Steven Universe: End of an Era is a heartfelt send-off to one of the most progressive, imaginative, and beloved animated series of our time."

A send-off implies this is releasing as a goodbye to the show, and my best guess is that includes Steven Universe Future. Of course, I could be wrong, and that could just be referring to the original Steven Universe + the movie. Then we get a third artbook for Steven Universe Future (whenever that finishes)

OP
OP
Morlas

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
Sunstone looking like a personal trainer there

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017

Anyone watching so far and thinking they are just wrapping up things are clearly missing Steven turning pink and getting new powers to use against the next big bad.

OP
OP
Morlas

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like we'll be getting a lot of Pink/Rose focus for this season

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Do you think this show's message of "you can forgive anyone for anything unless you're Kevin" conflicts with the current world view of perma ban for anything, especially if you're Kevin, or that Steven is waaay too lenient?

Mar 9, 2018
I can count the # of negative comments I've made on this website on just 10 pairs of hands. But I have to say, I think the "generic" background Quartz designs are lame. The ones that don't even have eyes.

Come on Crewniverse. Give the NPCs more pizzazz.

OP
OP
Morlas

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
I've been waiting for a Garnet episode,

Cat Steven is back too sweet

Gwenpoolshark

Jan 5, 2018
The Pool

Wow that's some lazy assumption-based reporting then.