• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Dec 31, 2017
Snow Day is the best episode by far of the young series.

It was funny seeing the Gems be moms. It seems like they're FINALLY getting it through their heads that humans age and change. It was actually kind of sad, they kept trying to engage and he was having none of it.

And Pearl keeping her nose was great

I've noticed a trend this series with gems explicitly intending to hurt organic life. I don't think a single gem expresses that last series.

-Jasper was killing bugs and ripping up grass (what about people just wandering around her camp?).
-Aquamarine unmistakably Ruby to hurt Greg.
-The Lapis twins would have straight killed Steven if he was a regular human.

Lapis was pretty good this episode. It seems she knows exactly how to deal with her kind. And she was 100% about to shatter those two.

IzzyRX

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I was a hoping for a main arc, but I guess we'll get small 'problems of the week' with these episodes.
Anyway, I'm fine with it, it's been great.

RagnarokX

Oct 26, 2017
I was a hoping for a main arc, but I guess we'll get small 'problems of the week' with these episodes.
Anyway, I'm fine with it, it's been great.
We've already blown through half of the "villains" in the intro:
fQ3G1i4.jpg

Jasper, Bluebird Azurite, and Lapis duo

Now we got Cactus Steven, Pink White Diamond, and Pink Wyrm left to address.

louisacommie

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
want to write a fanfic what if

Where rose and Steven coexist

Basically when she is pregnant the rules of the universe are diffrent were she makes a copy of her gem for Steven

And so Steven gets a 2nd pink diamond gem instead of his mothers

The logistics of how this would work isn't really that important just want to see how Steven universe changed with both rose and Steven around

Just need to avoid the issue of if a what if leads to the gems never learning about the cluster it's a bad time for obvious reasons

OP
OP
Morlas

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
i wouldn't necessarily assume that all of the problems steven will have to face will be those featured in the opening

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
I honestly think that it'd be a stronger showing if we had them in a relationship and they never fused. Not because I wouldn't be jazzed to see what they would form, but rather with Lapis history with it I think it would make a stronger statement.

That said, I would hope that a relationship between the two is not only addressed, but made much more acknowledged.

OP
OP
Morlas

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
I honestly think that it'd be a stronger showing if we had them in a relationship and they never fused. Not because I wouldn't be jazzed to see what they would form, but rather with Lapis history with it I think it would make a stronger statement.

That said, I would hope that a relationship between the two is not only addressed, but made much more acknowledged.
yeah i think it would be a good thing as far as depicting close relationships goes. it would show that they don't need to have the same dynamics to be just as close as the other close relationships in the show.

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

For me. Fusion was a prison Lapis created for herself as a means to protect Steven and the gems. The mirror was a prison she was forced into. It was a second decision she made into a lasting trauma. She inflicted her own self pain and suffering.

So to not give fusion another try, at least to me, would be tragic because she is denying herself an an amazing experience, because she made the decision to make fusion a prison.

Last edited:

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Im confused ,why are people saying Lapis-Peridot is never happening?
Jessie Zuke (formerly Lauren Zuke) was a biggest push for that shit. after they was booted, that more or less died

but I guess the ship was also a natural effect of them living together. but I think they might have explored the idea of Peridot and Amethyst

Oct 27, 2017
Jessie Zuke (formerly Lauren Zuke) was a biggest push for that shit. after they was booted, that more or less died

but I guess the ship was also a natural effect of them living together. but I think they might have explored the idea of Peridot and Amethyst
Ohhhh dang. I feel Peridot-Amethyst doesnt seem as natural as Peridot and Lapis

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
btw people in here should give Carole and Tuesday a watch

note. One episode is not appropriate for kids. The rest should be fine for 10+

if you don't want your kids to hear bad language you should mute it when it gets to

aside from that I don't recall anything bad language wise. There are a few scenes with one of the characters in just a bra and panties, but it never came off as overly sexy to me unlike how it's handled in most anime.

Beyond that though it's a solid story with lots of positive LGBT+ themes. There are a couple characters that in a different show would be questionable representation, but given how the show handles things I give them the benefit of the doubt that they didn't mean some things in a negative way.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The motion smoothing thing was hilarious

"I haven't seen you for like 11 minutes!"

I feel like Snow Day was a reference to people upset that antics plots aren't as common. There were some subtle references to classic vs modern too (his N64 appears to be a ps2 now)

Last edited:

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I am getting the feeling that Lapises just kind of suck.
We thought their terraforming was a reference to water being life. It's actually a reference to erosion because organic life don't mean shit to gems, hence the canyon rings

We've already blown through half of the "villains" in the intro:
fQ3G1i4.jpg

Jasper, Bluebird Azurite, and Lapis duo

Now we got Cactus Steven, Pink White Diamond, and Pink Wyrm left to address.
Calling it now: Pink White is Steven's Pink form independent and fully realized

Last edited:

BarrBarr

Oct 25, 2017
I really hope peridot doesn't ever fuse, I've always seen her as being aesexual. Lapis and Peridot could work in a relationship, and never fuse. Like others have said it'd be good way to represent other types of relationships.

Deleted member 3294

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Beyond that though it's a solid story with lots of positive LGBT+ themes. There are a couple characters that in a different show would be questionable representation, but given how the show handles things I give them the benefit of the doubt that they didn't mean some things in a negative way.
Having fully watched Carole & Tuesday: completely disagree with this. Those couple of characters go far beyond just being "questionable representation", they're terrible portrayals of trans and nonbinary people. This is a good article about it: https://unwinnable.com/2019/09/20/carole-tuesday-bad-representation/

There is eventually a nonbinary character in the second half who isn't portrayed as horrible, but that's after it portrayed several trans and nonbinary characters as abusive and/or violent. And even with that character the explanation for nonbinary people existing is incredibly questionable.

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
am i crazy or did sadie keep using gender neutral pronouns for her new partner
They both did, very nice!
fusion is not a pure sex thing
No, but it's not a purely non-sexual thing either. The show uses it as a stand in for a lot of things, but one thing it's consistently used for is to imply some relationship connection. A familiar one with Steven and Greg, and abusive one with Lapis and Jasper, and a fulfilling marriage with Ruby and Sappire.